Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Jobs 2024
Since it’s been a big subject try and track them as they occur. 

Also heard today Tewayne resigned at PCC today. 

Open Jobs
1. PCC
2. Montgomery Co.
Does anyone know what happened to the coach at Montgomery? Seemed like he just left in the middle of the season.
(05-22-2024, 10:24 PM)SidelineFan Wrote: Since it’s been a big subject try and track them as they occur. 

Open Jobs
1. PCC
2. Montgomery Co.

I was told he was dismissed of duties 10 games remaining in the season. No official word on why, just was told things that I can not verify so no need to spread, but his son did not play in any more games after that either. 

Defiantly a rebuilding time for a prestigious baseball school but very sub par season for the Indians.
Lcc is open, interested to see who else applies after the season is over.
(05-23-2024, 04:29 PM)SidelineFan Wrote:
(05-22-2024, 10:24 PM)SidelineFan Wrote: Since it’s been a big subject try and track them as they occur. 

Open Jobs
1. PCC
2. Montgomery Co.

I was told he was dismissed of duties 10 games remaining in the season. No official word on why, just was told things that I can not verify so no need to spread, but his son did not play in any more games after that either. 

Defiantly a rebuilding time for a prestigious baseball school but very sub par season for the Indians.
Haven’t seen it posted yet though. They got a guy in mind?
Hearing John Meehan is coming out of retirement to take the Perry job.
Wow if that’s true, holland goes from Perry to hazard & now Meehan from hazard to Perry???
(05-24-2024, 08:41 PM)BTP Wrote:
(05-23-2024, 04:29 PM)SidelineFan Wrote:

Open Jobs
1. PCC
2. Montgomery Co.

Haven’t seen it posted yet though. They got a guy in mind?
I’ve heard a couple names thrown around for MOCO. One I know said no and the one I’ve been hearing the most is Varney coming back to Montgomery
Morgan County
Morgan County Schools - Morgan County High School Head Coach of Baseball. Applications now being accepted. Stipend is $10,700 for non-certified personnel & $11,700 for certified (3500/4500) base + $7200 for field maintenance.

https://morgan.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=3287
^ now that is a heck of a pay for a school.

With that kind of money I am shocked someone hasn’t been there for a while.
(05-30-2024, 10:27 AM)SidelineFan Wrote: ^ now that is a heck of a pay for a school.

I'm not sure if this is new and trying to attract someone to build the program or if it's been the standard for awhile. Either way, this is a heck of an amount compared to schools around Morgan County.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Explorer's post:
  • SidelineFan
(05-30-2024, 12:56 PM)Explorer Wrote:
(05-30-2024, 10:27 AM)SidelineFan Wrote: ^ now that is a heck of a pay for a school.

I'm not sure if this is new and trying to attract someone to build the program or if it's been the standard for awhile. Either way, this is a heck of an amount compared to schools around Morgan County.
Has anyone been hired at Letcher yet?
Heard Tewayne Willis might come back to Breathitt Co or might end up at LCC. Meehan to Perry is wild but offering him a lot of money to to come. I also heard varney might be back on the move and going back closer to Winchester. Sounds like a lot of shake up in the 14th in the coaching carousel.
I know who lcc is wanting or have their eye on but he’s not applied, & so far it’s all players dads that’s put in for the job.

Is willis to breathitt as in head coach? Or an assistant? Is combs leaving or rumored to?
I’ve heard some rumblings of Combs going to Letcher. Also heard Willis going to Letcher. So who knows. I don’t see Combs leaving Breathitt but I would have never thought I would have seen Meehan at Perry. Haven’t really heard much on Varney yet.
Combs gong to Letcher would be interesting. Haven't heard that one. Be interesting to see how Meehan and Perry's politics work together. Varney seems to be the consistent rumor. Not sure if it is hope from outside the program or legit. If Varney does leave does Dean take over or is Dean also looking to move on. How about Wolfe. Is Rigsby gone? If so that is a lot of shake up at the top of the region.
Isn’t there any other people in the United States that some of these schools could hire? It’s always the same names. Yeah they are good coaches but doesn’t any ex-college players need a job? Aren’t we allowed to hire from outside of the 14th region? Baseball is baseball and they play it all over the county. Same goes for basketball around here too. Aren’t people willing to move into this area to coach and teach school?
(06-03-2024, 08:16 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Isn’t there any other people in the United States that some of these schools could hire?  It’s always the same names.  Yeah they are good coaches but doesn’t any ex-college players need a job?  Aren’t we allowed to hire from outside of the 14th region?  Baseball is baseball and they play it all over the county.  Same goes for basketball around here too.  Aren’t people willing to move into this area to coach and teach school?
no lol
[-] The following 2 users Like Bluecat's post:
  • DukeBoy, Explorer
(06-03-2024, 08:18 PM)Bluecat Wrote:
(06-03-2024, 08:16 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Isn’t there any other people in the United States that some of these schools could hire?  It’s always the same names.  Yeah they are good coaches but doesn’t any ex-college players need a job?  Aren’t we allowed to hire from outside of the 14th region?  Baseball is baseball and they play it all over the county.  Same goes for basketball around here too.  Aren’t people willing to move into this area to coach and teach school?
no lol
Haha you beat me to it
From what I’ve seen it has been a disaster when schools do hire coaches right out of college. I can’t tell you how many schools I’ve seen hire a former college player with little to no coaching experience, and after a year or two he hangs it up. My advice is start hiring these assistant coaches that have multiple years of experience. At least they’ve shown they at least want to make a career out of it. Another reason it’s the same names is because of the location of the area. It’s hard to take a pay cut like that. The teaching/coaching pay is the lowest in eastern KY. That has started to change apparently. I heard a crazy number with Coach Mehan going to Perry. lol!
Will be interesting to see what happens at Estill. I think Coach Crowe has several more years left in him but he may decide to step down after winning the region. Who knows.
(06-04-2024, 11:35 AM)14th Official Wrote:
From what I’ve seen it has been a disaster when schools do hire coaches right out of college. I can’t tell you how many schools I’ve seen hire a former college player with little to no coaching experience, and after a year or two he hangs it up. My advice is start hiring these assistant coaches that have multiple years of experience. At least they’ve shown they at least want to make a career out of it. Another reason it’s the same names is because of the location of the area. It’s hard to take a pay cut like that. The teaching/coaching pay is the lowest in eastern KY. That has started to change apparently. I heard a crazy number with Coach Mehan going to Perry. lol!
What schools have done that in the 14th region?  Don’t know anyone hiring fresh out of college ball coaches.
(06-04-2024, 06:21 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: Will be interesting to see what happens at Estill. I think Coach Crowe has several more years left in him but he may decide to step down after winning the region. Who knows.
I was wondering about this. If Crowe decided to step down nobody would blame him. Great spot to go out, on top. Especially with all the emotions.