Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
14th region top 5?
(05-18-2024, 08:20 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Remember that kid named Kizer Slone?  Pretty nice addition to the programs if you ask me.
First thing he lives in Perry , and yes he was a big addition and helped the team, but are you saying we had no shot time in it without him? Seriously? Remember he didn’t play first round of region and we looked terrific    Again we did need him and he is a nice player  but we could have won without him and in don’t consider him a recruit.
Buddy you are crazy as hell if you think we’d won without him in football or basketball.
(05-18-2024, 11:10 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Buddy you are crazy as hell if you think we’d won without him in football or basketball.
Im crazy then.   I know we would have in football without him, basketball may have been tough, but we could have
If the discussion here is about the top players in the region no one has mentioned Andrew Terry of Owsley County. He has grown to 6’7 and can play any position on the court. He’s had an awesome AAU season so far playing for a West Virginia team and although only a freshman I think he is worthy of a mention as one of the regions better players.
(05-18-2024, 04:15 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: If the discussion here is about the top players in the region no one has mentioned Andrew Terry of Owsley County. He has grown to 6’7 and can play any position on the court. He’s had an awesome AAU season so far playing for a West Virginia team and although only a freshman I think he is worthy of a mention as one of the regions better players.
Looking forward to seeing the young man play but at this point most fans in the 14th have only heard a little about his size. Hard to call him a top player at this time.
(05-18-2024, 05:09 PM)Slim one Wrote:
(05-18-2024, 04:15 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: If the discussion here is about the top players in the region no one has mentioned Andrew Terry of Owsley County. He has grown to 6’7 and can play any position on the court. He’s had an awesome AAU season so far playing for a West Virginia team and although only a freshman I think he is worthy of a mention as one of the regions better players.
Looking forward to seeing the young man play but at this point most fans in the 14th have only heard a little about his size. Hard to call him a top player at this time.
True, he will have to prove himself, but he was awesome last season in Middle School basketball. He probably had 25 or more dunks of all varieties. He can handle the ball like a guard. Has a lot of versatility. He can shoot very well from 3 range too, and with his size he’s difficult to guard. I personally don’t think there’s a team in the region that he wouldn’t be in the starting lineup.
(05-18-2024, 04:13 PM)Jet fighter Wrote:
(05-18-2024, 11:10 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Buddy you are crazy as hell if you think we’d won without him in football or basketball.
Im crazy then.   I know we would have in football without him, basketball may have been tough, but we could have
Back on that hallucinogenic magic mushrooms or something huh jet who would have been the quarterback? And furthermore let me point out this a post about the top 5 players in the 14th region not a hype noah posts, not a top 5 players who have never played highschool basketball before just shut up cause your lets bring noah on to every post is old I'll be glad to see season start so you will shut up kids are reading this garbage you spout an I know three that can't wait to guard noah an shut him down just cause of how you go on an they will his release is slow as all get out he can't dribble the ball at all so what moves does he have rebounding all because he can jump an if your who I think you are your shot is ugly so I can tell who taught him!

(05-18-2024, 07:02 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
True, he will have to prove himself, but he was awesome last season in Middle School basketball. He probably had 25 or more dunks of all varieties. He can handle the ball like a guard. Has a lot of versatility. He can shoot very well from 3 range too, and with his size he’s difficult to guard. I personally don’t think there’s a team in the region that he wouldn’t be in the starting lineup.
I think he is going to be a very valuable asset to the owls but my only question is hasn't he repeated the 8th grade 3 times. Pretty sure I read he just turned 16 or is getting ready to turn 16 if that's the case in my opinion anything done against 8th graders if he should be a sophomore doesn't count buy I'm looking forward to seeing him get varsity minutes an how he does probably the biggest man in our region I don't think he can match with Higgins or eversole though
(05-19-2024, 11:04 AM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote:
(05-18-2024, 04:13 PM)Jet fighter Wrote:
Back on that hallucinogenic magic mushrooms or something huh jet who would have been the quarterback? And furthermore let me point out this a post about the top 5 players in the 14th region not a hype noah posts, not a top 5 players who have never played highschool basketball before just shut up cause your lets bring noah on to every post is old I'll be glad to see season start so you will shut up kids are reading this garbage you spout an I know three that can't wait to guard noah an shut him down just cause of how you go on an they will his release is slow as all get out he can't dribble the ball at all so what moves does he have rebounding all because he can jump an if your who I think you are your shot is ugly so I can tell who taught him!

(05-18-2024, 07:02 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
I think he is going to be a very valuable asset to the owls but my only question is hasn't he repeated the 8th grade 3 times. Pretty sure I read he just turned 16 or is getting ready to turn 16 if that's the case in my opinion anything done against 8th graders if he should be a sophomore doesn't count buy I'm looking forward to seeing him get varsity minutes an how he does probably the biggest man in our region I don't think he can match with Higgins or eversole though
We had other kids capable of playing QB.  Not knocking any kid, kizer is a great athlete, but honestly, with the recievers we had, I feel anyone could have set back there and threw completions.   I hold firm, our football team still makes and wins a playoff game with another QB.  Our basketball team may not have won the region, but had Noah played i feel he could have played in kixers  position and we would have won it.     Excited to see what happens next year.
Kizer was pretty dang good man. Some could have played QB but Perry wouldn’t been as good. I think the Maggard or Haddix kid will do a great job this season. At least they will have two good ones back there this season.
(05-19-2024, 07:51 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Kizer was pretty dang good man.  Some could have played QB but Perry wouldn’t been as good.  I think the Maggard or Haddix kid will do a great job this season.  At least they will have two good ones back there this season.
That’s my point.  He was good, but other kids could have stepped up at QB and we wouldn’t have missed much , again the recieving core was exceptional
(05-19-2024, 08:05 PM)Jet fighter Wrote:
(05-19-2024, 07:51 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Kizer was pretty dang good man.  Some could have played QB but Perry wouldn’t been as good.  I think the Maggard or Haddix kid will do a great job this season.  At least they will have two good ones back there this season.
That’s my point.  He was good, but other kids could have stepped up at QB and we wouldn’t have missed much , again the recieving core was exceptional
You are completely back tracking yourself in the same post saying you wouldn't have missed much come on Kiser was a really good qb with an awesome arm if it wasn't for him your boy noah wouldn't have got the ball or is that the problem he didn't throw to ya boy enough cmon man get out of the basketball thread with your noah crap! You keep going on an on tell me this truthfully do you think noah is better then eversole in the post an rebounding do you think he is a better shooter then caudill an flinchum an do you think he can handle the ball an get himself or his other teammates shots like sperry an creech? Pcc may have been fine without Kiser but noah kilburn wouldn't be able to lace up.kisers shoes on the basketball court I'm not even saying Kiser is the best player in the 14th I'm saying noah just isn't that good you know why it's a little thing called experience an the want an drive to play! I think you are putting your hoop dreams on a kid that doesn't want them am you're setting him up to fail!
(05-19-2024, 09:39 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote:
You are completely back tracking yourself in the same post saying you wouldn't have missed much come on Kiser was a really good qb with an awesome arm if it wasn't for him your boy noah wouldn't have got the ball or is that the problem he didn't throw to ya boy enough cmon man get out of the basketball thread with your noah crap! You keep going on an on tell me this truthfully do you think noah is better then eversole in the post an rebounding do you think he is a better shooter then caudill an flinchum an do you think he can handle the ball an get himself or his other teammates shots like sperry an creech? Pcc may have been fine without Kiser but noah kilburn wouldn't be able to lace up.kisers shoes on the basketball court I'm not even saying Kiser is the best player in the 14th I'm saying noah just isn't that good you know why it's a little thing called experience an the want an drive to play! I think you are putting your hoop dreams on a kid that doesn't want them am you're setting him up to fail!
Not trying to compare Noah to kizer or anyone. Just replied to a post that said Perry was recruiting at circle T, so I simply said we won’t this year with zero recruits, then someone said kizer was from hindman and that’s why we won.  So I said and I’ll say again, I believe we would have still won the region with just Perry kids if kizer didn’t come, remember what we did round one when he was out sick? People forget that!!  Then it got turned around that we wouldn’t have had the success in football or basketball without kizer, and all I said was I believe we would have won as many games with anyone at QB with that recieving group we had, and I think we could have won region if Noah played and kizer didn’t , not any disrespect toward kizer, he’s a terrific athlete and a great kid, but Noah could have stepped in that postition and had the same success.   I wish all the kids success and hope they all
go on to do great things.
(05-19-2024, 10:10 PM)Jet fighter Wrote:
Not trying to compare Noah to kizer or anyone. Just replied to a post that said Perry was recruiting at circle T, so I simply said we won’t this year with zero recruits, then someone said kizer was from hindman and that’s why we won.  So I said and I’ll say again, I believe we would have still won the region with just Perry kids if kizer didn’t come, remember what we did round one when he was out sick? People forget that!!  Then it got turned around that we wouldn’t have had the success in football or basketball without kizer, and all I said was I believe we would have won as many games with anyone at QB with that recieving group we had, and I think we could have won region if Noah played and kizer didn’t , not any disrespect toward kizer, he’s a terrific athlete and a great kid, but Noah could have stepped in that postition and had the same success.   I wish all the kids success and hope they all
But you were an you continue to do so you even said on a previous post had noah played this year he would be the best in the region which means you think he is better then all those other boys don't go back tracking now that your afraid feelings are going to get hurt by some of those boys families that I'm sure you're very "close" to! I guess it will come out how good is he when season rolls around if he even plays after the pressure hype an expectations you've set forth on here! The night eversole an Higgins takes him to school down low look for an old fluffy man setting in the stands across from you cause I will be smiling from ear to ear When they smack that ball up in the stands on him a few times! Stay blessed now an I'll talk at you after the first game if noah plays!
(05-21-2024, 10:02 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote:
(05-19-2024, 10:10 PM)Jet fighter Wrote:
But you were an you continue to do so you even said on a previous post had noah played this year he would be the best in the region which means you think he is better then all those other boys don't go back tracking now that your afraid feelings are going to get hurt by some of those boys families that I'm sure you're very "close" to! I guess it will come out how good is he when season rolls around if he even plays after the pressure hype an expectations you've set forth on here! The night eversole an Higgins takes him to school down low look for an old fluffy man setting in the stands across from you cause I will be smiling from ear to ear When they smack that ball up in the stands on him a few times! Stay blessed now an I'll talk at you after the first game if noah plays!

no hate and not directing this at person I replied to bc I know you are just responding   but we must have Noah’s family in here for this to even be a discussion. Same as Andrew terry being mentioned. Who I think will do well bc at least I’ve seen him Play varsity (or maybe im imagining this ?) I think and know his dad knows the games. If they haven’t proven anything in varsity then it’s hard to say much about them yet and Noah has done nothing to prove anything in basketball.  I get his dad or uncle or something is advocating hard for him and hope he does well but could’ve left it at the transfer thread bc it seems insane this is being discussed like this in a top 5 thread.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FanoftheBasketball's post:
  • Bigbluewarehouse