Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Hires Brent Perry as Head Basketball Coach
Belfry has hired Brent Perry
(04-24-2024, 08:37 AM)COACHITALL Wrote: Belfry has hired Brent Perry
From Mt. Sterling?
Told ya it wouldn’t be anyone mentioned in the former thread.
He is a good AAU coach and good assistant. Coached Griffin Elite.
His success will be determined by his support from community, getting kids back out for basketball, and who he surrounds himself with.
Never herd of him wonder who he will get to help and I wonder if any kids will leave
Young guy with AAU ties.
I think this will be a great hire! Hopefully everyone gets on board and supports him and puts personal agendas to the side
So where is he coming from?
Wonder if this guy can get the varney boys back on court
I think that’s a great hire for Belfry. Love the fact they went out of “the box” ….and out of the general area and brought in some new blood. Go Pirates.
[-] The following 1 user Likes OutlawJoseyWales's post:
  • #55PirateFan
(04-24-2024, 12:03 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote: I think that’s a great hire for Belfry.  Love the fact they went out of “the box” ….and out of the general area and brought in some new blood.  Go Pirates.

I was thinking the same thing, hire someone out of house who doesn't have any ties (that I know of anyways) to the program, school. or community, don't see that enough around here, it's now what or how much you know, it's who you know. Hope he has success and gets a chance over on pond creek.
What East Ridge should of done. Hired someone out of the community. Instead they hired someone who sure isn't proven. Destroyed the girls program and he is buddy buddy with the principal at the school who doesn't care what happens. GOOD HIRE BELFRY. GET BEHIND THIS COACH
He may be good coach, but there is no such thing as a good AAU Coach, because little to no coaching occurs in AAU.
[-] The following 1 user Likes kai's post:
  • BoondockSaint
Eastridge didn’t have much of a choice
(04-24-2024, 04:05 PM)kai Wrote: He may be good coach, but there is no such thing as a good AAU Coach, because little to no coaching occurs in AAU.

Good AAU coach = good recruiter for your team, which is kinda what it takes at some high schools now too!
I don't mind trying it a new way with some new blood.

The question is how long does he stay if he is actually successful initially?

That's the risk you run bringing in someone from out of the area that noone ever wants to think about.
My buddy from JC told me that belfry will at least have 3 new players
(04-24-2024, 11:04 AM)-STAT- Wrote: So where is he coming from?
Assistant last season at Montgomery County. Before that was an assistant to Tony Patterson at Knox Central and an assistant at Barbourville.
[-] The following 1 user Likes P. Fanning's post:
  • -STAT-
wow!! belfry hires from outside for the first time in........ how long???
(04-24-2024, 11:29 PM)Khalisimo Wrote: wow!! belfry hires from outside for the first time in........ how long???

Since all their sports programs went into the ditch?
Hearing Steve Silvers plans to join the staff as a recruiting assistant! Can anyone confirm?
[-] The following 2 users Like Big Don's post:
  • -STAT-, jetpilot
(04-25-2024, 12:25 AM)Big Don Wrote: Hearing Steve Silvers plans to join the staff as a recruiting assistant! Can anyone confirm?

Now that's funny as hell I don't care who you are
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Colonel4Life1999
(04-24-2024, 11:57 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(04-24-2024, 11:29 PM)Khalisimo Wrote: wow!! belfry hires from outside for the first time in........ how long???

no jet thats what caused them to go into the ditch
iasked whens the last time they hired from outside
(04-25-2024, 12:28 AM)Khalisimo Wrote:
(04-24-2024, 11:57 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

no jet thats what caused them to go into the ditch
iasked whens the last time they hired from outside

???
I see upside and down side. Upside is He has no ties to program or kid to put out front. Young energetic and will hopefully have good off season program. Downside is he will have no help. He will need assistance and that doesn’t exist in the area. Only ones that maybe could help wanted the job and could try to undermine him. I believe this is good hire just hope he and TEAM get the support they deserve.
Good hire by the Pirates but as we all know it takes support and buy-in from the local administration, community, and school staff to be successful. Belfry basketball has not had that in years.
congrats Coach!