Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High School Football.
I'm a freshmen, I didn't play football this year, If I started playing football as a sophomore could I still have a chance of playing college ball? could anyone help me out?
Spartan4Life Wrote:I'm a freshmen, I didn't play football this year, If I started playing football as a sophomore could I still have a chance of playing college ball? could anyone help me out?

Depends on the skills you still have. If this is your first year since 7th grade. Then likely no unless you dedicate your life to it. lol

You pretty much haved to be a standout player to be even looked at by college scouts. Especially in East KY
If...Then Wrote:Depends on the skills you still have. If this is your first year since 7th grade. Then likely no unless you dedicate your life to it. lol

You pretty much haved to be a standout player to be even looked at by college scouts. Especially in East KY

Not always true, depending on the level of the college (NAIA, D1, etc.)
Spartan4Life Wrote:I'm a freshmen, I didn't play football this year, If I started playing football as a sophomore could I still have a chance of playing college ball? could anyone help me out?
Whats past is past just get in the weight room and bust your tail. When you get on the field hit everything that moves. I dont know what type of athlete you are but I will tell you this. If you do those 2 things I mentioned above you will never regret it and good things WILL come your way.
If you have the skills, of course you do. What position do you play, and where do you go? How was you in grade school and are you willing to dedicate every chance you have to football/lifting/conditioning? If not, then it is a waste of time, just the way it is anymore to be competitive! Best of Luck, AND PLAY REGARDLESS!!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:If you have the skills, of course you do. What position do you play, and where do you go? How was you in grade school and are you willing to dedicate every chance you have to football/lifting/conditioning? If not, then it is a waste of time, just the way it is anymore to be competitive! Best of Luck, AND PLAY REGARDLESS!!

I agree!!

Play regardless. You only get one chance to go through High School.
Depends on how bad you want it.
only if your willing to work 4 it, take my advice

You aint got nothin to worry about man. 1 outta 500 freshmen across the USA MIGHT get noticed by a college. I played with a boy that hadn't played football since elem. school til his Junior year and he had offers from G-town, Pville and a few other NAIA schools but chose to play baseball in college. Get in the weightroom, bust your butt, practice hard and learn the game.

Of course you can play college ball. Now if you want a scholly from a DI school, that may be guestionable. But you can play D3 for sure or you can walk on anywhere. Work hard, keep up the grades, volunteer for everything, and keep out of trouble, oh and by the way work really, really, hard at conditioning 24/7 and things should work out.
I dont understand why our coaches arent knowledgeable to get this info out to players looking to take their skills to the next level. First off, Im sure your aware of how hard and rare it is to have D1 talent. But none the less, the best way to be seen is to get out to summer camps. Camps are very expensive but they are loaded with college coaches scouting the players in attendance. Think of all the High Schools across the country, it would be nearly impossible for a scout to caught one of your games unless you have been drawing attention at an early age. I think its essential to see major playing time during your sophomore season and have a great junior season if you are going to rely on spread of word alone. If you are serious about trying to get to the D1 level though, I suggest you keep into some summer camps and go to as many as possible this summer. Its the best way to show your skills.