Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Tom Allen's Future
Now that Paintsville made the horrible move and let Coach Allen go (people will say that Coach Allen resigned, but he was forced out), where will he go now? I can't see him staying at the school that let him go and not coaching. Any thoughts?
Well the associated press reported his comments as saying he would remain as head of the science department at the high school.
MCDADDY Wrote:Now that Paintsville made the horrible move and let Coach Allen go (people will say that Coach Allen resigned, but he was forced out), where will he go now? I can't see him staying at the school that let him go and not coaching. Any thoughts?
He is still teaching. He is head of the science dept. Coaching is just a sideline gig at Paintsville, After BMR leaves, there will not be another coach there that uses coaching as a career. JMO.
He is staying. There was a season or two 2003 and 2004??? in which Coach Allen did not coach while teaching at Paintsville.
Watchful Eye Wrote:Well the associated press reported his comments as saying he would remain as head of the science department at the high school.
The Associated Press??????????

lol
Mr.Kimball Wrote:The Associated Press??????????

lol

Didn't u hear? Weez made the big time here in the hollers!!!!!!!:lmao:
Udon'tKnowMe Wrote:He is staying. There was a season or two 2003 and 2004??? in which Coach Allen did not coach while teaching at Paintsville.

2004 when he coached the offensive line at Pikeville College. He returned in 2005 after Coach Runyon got the job to help out.
I wish him success in whatever he pursues. I'm sure everyone else does as well.
I don't see him staying at Paintsville because of what went down. I could see him maybe trying to get on at JC as an assistant coach. He could be a good addition to a already deep coaching staff. But I would love to see him get on somewhere as a coach and a teacher. Maybe P-Burg also???
1911 Wrote:I don't see him staying at Paintsville because of what went down. I could see him maybe trying to get on at JC as an assistant coach. He could be a good addition to a already deep coaching staff. But I would love to see him get on somewhere as a coach and a teacher. Maybe P-Burg also???

What went down?
Don Carlo Wrote:What went down?

Well that he was canned after just two seasons. In his first year he was coming on a team that was thrown to him after losing 15 seniors and this year I don't think he had a whole lot to truly work with. I would say in general it would just be tough to stay at a school that fired you but that's just me.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:The Associated Press??????????

lol
Hey Chief! It's a PUN, a funny a shot at the biased sports news coverage we have in this region....get it? It's called a newspaper article. The closest Associated Press contributing reporter for our region is out of Pikeville. I know you have a personal problem with any comment I make but you should really try reading sometime.
Watchful Eye Wrote:Hey Chief! It's a PUN, a funny a shot at the biased sports news coverage we have in this region....get it? It's called a newspaper article. The closest Associated Press contributing reporter for our region is out of Pikeville. I know you have a personal problem with any comment I make but you should really try reading sometime.
I'm guessing there was more than just milk in your cheerios this morning?
I'm guessing that this thread needs to get back on topic.
Sorry Fellows. I apologize!
What I was trying to say before I was disected by Mr. Thimball was that several newspaper articles around Floyd and Johnson Co. said Allen was the head of the science dept. for the high school. He stated to the reporter in those articles that he would still remain as the science dept. head for at least the time being.
Watchful Eye Wrote:Hey Chief! It's a PUN, a funny a shot at the biased sports news coverage we have in this region....get it? It's called a newspaper article. The closest Associated Press contributing reporter for our region is out of Pikeville. I know you have a personal problem with any comment I make but you should really try reading sometime.

Smile Oh yeah I get it, I'm very much aware of the Associated Press. Are you so sure that you do? That was the whole point that I was trying to make. I'm going out on a limb here however and say that you had to do a little research to find that out for yourself after it was brought to your attention, because I'm seriously doubting that I read your post any differently than what the thought process in mind was when it was written. I certainly did not see any use of emoticons.
Geez, you sure are sensitive. Big Grin
Bottom line is is that it was evident in two seasons that JTA was not head coach material. 1.The offensive play callin was terrible. 2. The numbers went down and it was only gonne get worse. 3. Paintsville woulda ended up playin 8 man football like Jenkins had to a few years back. 4. Fan support has gone way down the last two years.
Redneck Wrote:Bottom line is is that it was evident in two seasons that JTA was not head coach material. 1.The offensive play callin was terrible. 2. The numbers went down and it was only gonne get worse. 3. Paintsville woulda ended up playin 8 man football like Jenkins had to a few years back. 4. Fan support has gone way down the last two years.
I don't have a dog in this hunt. But from what I can pick up, most of the "fans", and I use that term loosely, stopped coming to games and supporting the kids because they got their feelings hurt. They didn't get the coach that they wanted. The kids didn't have a problem with playing for JTA. The parents are the ones with the problems, or better yet some people that didn't have any kids in the program were raising the most stink.
It's easy to sit back and be an armchair quarterback(coach). I would've done this or I would've that. Until you have been out there you can't comment.
The bottom line is JTA was not treated fairly in this situation, just my opinion.
Now, it's a done deal, what needs to be done is get on with it, find a coach so the kids can get their heads right and play the game. Remember it is a game not a popularity contest.
SamuelAdams Wrote:I don't have a dog in this hunt. But from what I can pick up, most of the "fans", and I use that term loosely, stopped coming to games and supporting the kids because they got their feelings hurt. They didn't get the coach that they wanted. The kids didn't have a problem with playing for JTA. The parents are the ones with the problems, or better yet some people that didn't have any kids in the program were raising the most stink.
It's easy to sit back and be an armchair quarterback(coach). I would've done this or I would've that. Until you have been out there you can't comment.
The bottom line is JTA was not treated fairly in this situation, just my opinion.
Now, it's a done deal, what needs to be done is get on with it, find a coach so the kids can get their heads right and play the game. Remember it is a game not a popularity contest.

I'm from Paintsville, played there, played for coach Allen (when he was the defensive coord.), I go to games, I got lil buddies that tell me things that go on. I woulda liked to have seen JTA be successful but it just wasn't gonna happen no matter how many more years they gave him. Facts are facts and I could name a few players who had plans of leavin, a few that weren't gonna play and a few middle schoolers that weren't gonna go out.
Wish the best for him, he is a great guy.