Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County 49 Hazard 47
Final from Memorial Gym.

Hazard is my pick to come out of the 14th.
Good game to get Hazard ready for the district n region. Hazard could have pulled this one out if they made two point blank shots at the goal. But sometimes they don’t go. Enjoyed the game and the defense by both.
Tigers looked good and came up with a big win. Roark and Harris played well. Hazard will come away with this lose ready to go come the start of the district ready to go and cut the nets down.
Another bad loss for Hazard. Luckily for them they played a cupcake schedule or they would have double digit losses this season
Good for Clay. A few weeks ago all the Hazard faithful were crediting a home court favorable whistle for being the only reason they lost to the Tigers at Clay. Wonder what the excuse will be now that they’ve beaten them at both places…?
I still say hazard will win region an I love al Holland best coach in the 14th by far! His boys always play hard for him but he needs to control Higgins that boy is a lot like another 14th region player he has issues with someone on every team they play an must be a head case to cuss the fans the way he did last night!
No the Head Case isn’t afraid to talk smack back to idiots unlike most cowards around here are. Higgins is a tuff kid who doesn’t let people intimidate him.
(02-23-2024, 08:18 AM)MrBasketball78 Wrote: Good for Clay. A few weeks ago all the Hazard faithful were crediting a home court favorable whistle for being the only reason they lost to the Tigers at Clay. Wonder what the excuse will be now that they’ve beaten them at both places…?
My guess is they will say, we just lost the game. I watched this one and that is what I saw. Clay beat them. Good game, but Clay was the winner at the end.
(02-23-2024, 01:21 AM)Night Train Wrote: Another bad loss for Hazard. Luckily for them  they played a cupcake schedule or they would have double digit losses this season
They beat your Breathitt Bobcats 2 out of 3 times. So where does your cupcake Bobcats fall in that scenario?
Clay is playing pretty well at the right time. Hazard will more than likely play for 14th region title.
(02-23-2024, 10:42 AM)Gladiator Man Wrote:
(02-23-2024, 01:21 AM)Night Train Wrote: Another bad loss for Hazard. Luckily for them  they played a cupcake schedule or they would have double digit losses this season
They beat your Breathitt Bobcats 2 out of 3 times. So where does your cupcake Bobcats fall in that scenario?
We had a starter out and a couple of players under the weather that last game. Breathitt won the game that mattered, let’s see who wins the next big one? I’ll hang up and listen
(02-23-2024, 11:56 AM)Night Train Wrote:
We had a starter out and a couple of players under the weather that last game. Breathitt won the game that mattered, let’s see who wins the next big one? I’ll hang up and listen
It’s always easier to have excuses. BUT you better hope Knott doesn’t draw your Bobcats. Or the party is over.
Goes to show what you know. Knott and Breathitt have a slim to 0% chance of drawing each other first round. Lol. Would take a miracle for it to happen honestly.
Clay has little to no chance of advancing any further than Clay County High Road in Manchester.
No one has played a game that really matters yet.

Hazard played good enough to win this game but Clay had a stretch where they held Hazard without a bucket for a 2-3 minutes in the fourth quarter that kinda sealed the deal.

I really liked what I saw out of Clay. They have some good ball players but also just some big, strong kids that will get in your head if you let them. I loved the way they played and the way they defended Caudill down the stretch. I don’t keep up with the 13th as much anymore but I would bet they’ll give anyone a tough way to go this postseason.

Hazard had a few silly turnovers late that you just don’t see out of them. Higgins was sidelined for a big portion of the game with foul trouble. It won’t be hard to look at the tape and see what they could have done differently to win this game. I think the Bulldogs are primed for run at the 14th.

Great game!
[-] The following 1 user Likes zaga_fan's post:
  • Cactus Jack
(02-23-2024, 03:03 PM)Gladiator Man Wrote:
(02-23-2024, 11:56 AM)Night Train Wrote:
It’s always easier to have excuses. BUT you better hope Knott doesn’t draw your Bobcats. Or the party is over.
I’m not in the least bit worried about Knott County. The most overrated team in the region in several years. They have no chance of winning this region. 

I predict Breathitt draws Perry and Knott plays Hazard in the 2nd round. Breathitt vs Hazard for the right to go to Rupp
(02-23-2024, 03:49 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Clay has little to no chance of advancing any further than Clay County High Road in Manchester.
Maybe. I agree that the 13th is Harlan County’s to lose. But Clay County will not be an easy out for anyone, and that big arena has depth perception issues when shooting behind the arc and Harlan County likes the 3….a lot! Clay has finally got a pretty good coach and he will have these boys ready.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • FallRock
There goes OSH providing zero relevant input on another thread.