Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toby Keith, Carl Weathers pass in same week
Hadn’t seen any comments on this. I wasn’t a huge Toby Keith fan, but obviously you hate to see anyone go out the way he did at such a relatively young age. As for Carl Weathers—has anyone ever had two more iconic supporting roles in movies that the general public loved? Rocky and Happy Gilmore are as popular as it gets, and Weathers was perfect in both. RIP to the heavyweight champion of the world, Apollo Creed.
I didn't know about Carl Weathers. I thought he was so good in his films. I felt badly for Toby Keith, too. He fought stomach cancer for a couple of years, and I can't imagine the challenges he faced through that time.
From all accounts I've read, Weathers was a well-liked man. Like VH, I've never been a fan of Keith and his jingoistic song lyrics, but he was pretty close to my age and way too young to pass on. Unlike human beings, the Universe is random and non-discriminatory .
I always liked Toby Keith. I thought he had several good songs. As for Carl Weathers, I thought he was a really good actor.