Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cris Collinsworth's Son
Did anyone know that Chris Collinsworth son played for Highlands? They mentioned during the NBC pregame show that he had won the 5A State Title.
I didn't know that, how did he do in the game?
I'm not sure how he did.
Austin is a sophmore. He had a great game. Coverd DL Moore. Intercepted a pass towards the end of the game to end BG final offensive series. Great kid on and off the field like his dad. Not only does he have talent on his dad side but his moms side of the family has the talent going also. His uncle is John Bankemper who was a running back for the 1982 Highlands State championship team. That team was honored at the half of the Highlands /Bowling Green game. John also has a son Spencer Bankemper that is a sophmore for Highlands. He has been out this season with an injury but is getting back into the swing of things and has been working hard to get ready for the '08 season. It is going to be fun watching these cousins enjoy what looks to be a great future at Highlands.
tradition Wrote:Austin is a sophmore. He had a great game. Coverd DL Moore. Intercepted a pass towards the end of the game to end BG final offensive series. Great kid on and off the field like his dad. Not only does he have talent on his dad side but his moms side of the family has the talent going also. His uncle is John Bankemper who was a running back for the 1982 Highlands State championship team. That team was honored at the half of the Highlands /Bowling Green game. John also has a son Spencer Bankemper that is a sophmore for Highlands. He has been out this season with an injury but is getting back into the swing of things and has been working hard to get ready for the '08 season. It is going to be fun watching these cousins enjoy what looks to be a great future at Highlands.

He played strictly defense this year, but because he can flat out scoot and has great hands (lead the Birds with 6 interceptions) he will probably get some time on the offensive side in his final two years, especially since Highlands will probably be throwing a little more next year with another Guidugli behind center.
WAs this kid's MOm a UK cheer leader?
Lisa Douglas Wrote:WAs this kid's MOm a UK cheer leader?

Yes. Holly. She graduated from Highlands, attended UK, met Cris while in law school.
Lisa Douglas Wrote:WAs this kid's MOm a UK cheer leader?

Yes, and a Highlands Grad
I heard his name mentioned in the starting line-ups and during the game. Good player as you can imagine.
That's what I thought! Thanks!
Yes I knew this. Great kid and player!
Cool
dawg4runner Wrote:Cool

Was Chris at the game?
truthful Wrote:Was Chris at the game?
Yes, he wouldn't have missed it for anything.
truthful Wrote:Was Chris at the game?

Cris left the job at Fox and took the job at NBC just so he would be free on Fridays and Saturdays to watch Austin play and be able to coach his younger son's youth football team. So, as Tradition mentioned, Cris was there. And as Tradition mentioned in a prior post, Austin did do a very good job covering Moore. I'm not sure, but I don't think Moore caught a single pass when Austin was covering him. I think the only time Steelman threw to Moore when Austin was on coverage, Austin intercepted the ball.
Who is Chris Collinsworth?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Who is Chris Collinsworth?
Go watch a NFL football game every now and then and you'll know. LOL He was argueably the best reciever The Bengals Ever had. He's all over TV on Sunday and one of the host's on HBO's Inside the NFL.
I'm amazed at how often his name is misspelled. It's spelled Cris.
Cris Collinsworth's grandfather played at Magoffin Co. and for Adolph Rupp at Kentucky.
lawrencefan Wrote:Cris Collinsworth's grandfather played at Magoffin Co. and for Adolph Rupp at Kentucky.

I know his dad played for Rupp. You must have meant to say Austin's Grandfather played for Rupp.Wink
tradition Wrote:I know his dad played for Rupp. You must have meant to say Austin's Grandfather played for Rupp.Wink

By the way, if you ever met Cris' father (and if you are whom I think you are, you have) you'd know why Cris is such a great guy. His father, Abe, is the best.

By the way folks, about the time Austin graduates (and my guess is that a lot of opposing teams will be looking forward to that day), his younger brother Jack will be a freshman. And there are a lot of people around town that think Jack is an ever better athlete. :eek: I think Cris and Holly should "get busy" and throw a couple more boys.
Cris' father Abe Lincoln Collinsworth played at Salyersville High, now Magoffin Co. in the mid-50s. He played for my dad, Leonard Marshall. The 1954 team was ranked in the top 10, and lost in the Regional finals to Inez, the eventual state champion.
You cant be serious.:confused:
I wouldn't be surprised to see Austin playing a lot more offense this year. As Blau mentioned, my guess is that Highlands will be passing the ball a lot more this year (with Dale, you never know what he's going to do), but if they use a more pass oriented O, Austin will be playing wide receiver. Whether its Guidugli or Bardo at the qb spot, either one can pass the ball very well.
Coming from an admin. on a sports website, lol...
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Coming from an admin. on a sports website, lol...

Collinsworth no doubt played before some on here were born. You know back in the ancient days of the 80's.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Collinsworth no doubt played before some on here were born. You know back in the ancient days of the 80's.

He played before I was old enough to know any better, but I still know who he isSmile Smile
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Coming from an admin. on a sports website, lol...

Coming from an admin who might have been 1 year old when he played. Rolleyes

And I rarely watch the NFL, super bowl and maybe a big game here and there, not enough to care who the commentators are. Not big on many professional sports, college football and basketball are so much better to watch than the pros. I'd rather watch street luge than an NBA game.

Now, the NHL...that's where it's at.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I was 2 when he played!