Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County 65 North Laurel 58
Final from Corbin High School. 

Think that North Laurel will finally be getting more respect after this weekend.
I'm amazed at how many people are fooled because North has lost some games to good teams. I think they've been a top five team in the region from Day 1.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HCS's post:
  • Cactus Jack
I know I watched play and kept up with them a little this year even though Sheppard is gone. They have played some very good teams this year and almost won. When I saw them at Lex Cath the biggest problem they have is defense or lack there of. No doubt they have played a tough schedule.
(01-06-2024, 11:22 PM)predict_proba Wrote: I know I watched play and kept up with them a little this year even though Sheppard is gone.  They have played some very good teams this year and almost won.  When I saw them at Lex Cath the biggest problem they have is defense or lack there of.  No doubt they have played a tough schedule.
Don’t go giving the Trophy to North just yet.. anyone with good eye sight can see what happened against Clay County. When the Harris kid comes off the bench and leads all Clay scorers and only played a half of basketball tells me had he started and got starter minutes that North would have got beat. So Coach Jones pretty much handed North that game. Then tonight North came out playing good basketball and 2nd half North stayed with Harlan but the coaching that north does is mind boggling. North got more talent sitting on the bench than on the floor and against Harlan tonight I didn’t see any subs past first seven. Starters and two off bench tonight in rotation while others with just as much talent or more riding the bench. That #24 for North is a baller and a Senior I’m told and I didn’t see him get in the game and it looked like he played two minutes tops in 4th quarter against Clay County. Valentine gonna run some more players to South Laurel if he keeps playing politics..