Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michigan vs. Washington (CFP Final) Predictions
Thoughts? I'll share mine shortly.
Head says Michigan, heart says Washington.

Everyone has counted out Washington all season, so why stop now? Vegas favors the Wolverines by ~4.5 points.

I'll go against my better judgement and pick with my heart. Rome Odunze helps move the chains and offset a banged-up Dillon Johnson. The Huskies' line holds up against the Michigan pass rush and shields Penix enough to allow for some big splash plays that the Wolverines offense can't match.

Michigan loses. The Big Ten is (again) proven inferior. There is justice in the world.
This one is tough. The final four teams were so evenly matched, any championship matchup was gonna be a coin flip. Penix is so talented, you’ve got to believe he’s going to hit a few explosives during the course of the game. But can the Huskies get enough from their banged up run game to keep Michigan honest? On the flip side can Michigan with a good, but certainly not elite, offense put up enough points to win? Don’t think they can hang if it turns into a shootout. But don’t think their stout defense will allow that. Like you, I’m pulling against the so smug and SO overrated Big Ten. But my head says this time great defense prevails, Corum puts up big numbers, and Michigan wins 24-21. Blah.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Van Hagar's post:
  • Cactus Jack
Dont really care who wins the game, both teams earned their way. Granted Georgia is the best team in the country and should have been in the playoffs over Texas but topic for another day.
[-] The following 1 user Likes plantmanky's post:
  • Cactus Jack
I think Michigan will take this game.
And I hate it!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Cactus Jack
I absolutely hate Michigan.  I hate them worse than any other team in College football.  The only way I could root for Michigan is if they were playing Russia, Iraq, the Taliban, or Al-Qaeda.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • Cactus Jack
(01-06-2024, 04:06 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Dont really care who wins the game, both teams earned their way. Granted Georgia is the best team in the country and should have been in the playoffs over Texas but topic for another day.

I agree on Georgia being in the top four. Think that the committee chose as they did because if they leave out Alabama or Texas, someone with a claim to the top four but was left out would be able to say that they had a head-to-head win over someone who made it. Leaving Georgia out was the way to prevent that, but I don't think it was the right decision if you truly wanted the four best teams. Hopefully that's out of the way soon with the twelve team playoff.

(01-06-2024, 06:11 AM)Van Hagar Wrote: This one is tough. The final four teams were so evenly matched, any championship matchup was gonna be a coin flip. Penix is so talented, you’ve got to believe he’s going to hit a few explosives during the course of the game. But can the Huskies get enough from their banged up run game to keep Michigan honest? On the flip side can Michigan with a good, but certainly not elite, offense put up enough points to win? Don’t think they can hang if it turns into a shootout. But don’t think their stout defense will allow that. Like you, I’m pulling against the so smug and SO overrated Big Ten. But my head says this time great defense prevails, Corum puts up big numbers, and Michigan wins 24-21. Blah.

I'm also worried about Washington's run game and how important Johnson is to them given how late he was playing in the Texas game while already injured.
Line continues to move in Michigan's favor.