Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County Football coach Stepped down
very sad and upsetting news who be frontrunner for this job
Consolidation bump is long gone. Only option now is to build and get the numbers out.
HC is kind of in an island by themselves and I just don’t see any way they can be competitive in 5A football. They’re in the weakest district/region in the class and aren’t really anywhere near the top of that.
Hopefully they can find someone that can come in a build it from the ground up.
Harlan County will never compete again unless something outside the school and inside the school changes. Outside the school, there’s no jobs and the population drop is insane over the last decade. There’s nothing they can do about that. Inside the school, this program is built to fail. This coach came in and was only allowed to hire the assistants that were there for the coach before. One assistant outside Harlan County was given a job on the staff and in the school system in 3 years (curry from middlesboro), and his impact was significant even tho it didn’t show on the win loss record. There’s no weight room for the football team, it’s shared by all the programs which means the basketball team gets it most often. The locker room for a 5A school is comparable to an outhouse for most people. List goes on and on but someone that won so much in a significantly more talented area in georgia can’t win here, that means there’s problems all around. He took this job pretty much as a favor to everyone and they should’ve hired someone after last season but couldn’t find anyone. Who would wanna go there? Would they give it to Curry, cause there’s nobody else on that staff that should be in the conversation.
justin curry only reason he left middlesboro this deal was made in aug
(11-10-2023, 03:57 AM)mr yellow jacket Wrote: justin curry only reason he left middlesboro this deal was made in aug
^^ but you know Harlan county, at any moment there might be a random change of thought and suddenly there’s a nepotism hire.
any front runners or names being circulated around or rumored around for the job deadline is 20th
any frontrunners or rumors on candidate for the head coach position
Atleast south laurel will match up well with them for years to come!!
I'd love to see Lawrence county drop this team and add a respectable program in its place!
(11-10-2023, 10:16 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(11-10-2023, 03:57 AM)mr yellow jacket Wrote: justin curry only reason he left middlesboro this deal was made in aug
^^ but you know Harlan county, at any moment there might be a random change of thought and suddenly there’s a nepotism hire.
WHAT?? Woah   Nepotism?  In a rural Kentucky school system??  It just can't happen.  I've never seen that problem around any of the rural Kentucky schools that I've been around. Big Grin HAHAHAHAHA
[-] The following 1 user Likes papagrit's post:
  • Gridiron_Raid
Nepotism has never happened in Harlan County!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • papagrit
any front runners or annoucement or naming anybody soon
any frontrunners or rumors on candidate for the head coach position
Just saw online that HC broke ground today on a $4 million practice facility/locker rooms to be located adjacent to their super nice stadium.
That will be a nice welcome gift to whoever the next coach is.
oh yea big accomplishment for the new coach hopefully annoucement soon on the new coach
Go over to Bell Co. and get Ovie Canady! Add some toughness back to that place because there's tough kids there.
I would love to see a young coach hungry to build a great program from the bottom up take this position. There are some out there, that would possibly be willing to do this if the right deal for them is presented.
any news or information on coaching search
person can expect and see annoucement hopefully soon
(11-21-2023, 10:49 AM)Onward Leslie! Wrote: Go over to Bell Co.  and get Ovie Canady! Add some toughness back to that place because there's tough kids there.

Wasn’t he there once before?
can see annoucement coming sometime today if possble
(11-15-2023, 09:09 AM)papagrit Wrote:
WHAT?? Woah   Nepotism?  In a rural Kentucky school system??  It just can't happen.  I've never seen that problem around any of the rural Kentucky schools that I've been around. Big Grin HAHAHAHAHA
Called it
(11-28-2023, 01:50 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
Called it
I wonder how people get away with nepotism in places where it's not allowed?
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Gridiron_Raid
(11-28-2023, 02:24 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
Called it
Gotta say school systems in mountain towns is the number one profession where it happens
I did have to go to Louisville to find a woman that I was pretty sure I wasn't kin to. I must admit that. And I live near Berea in Garrard County. My two sons found all kinds of cousins when they went to Rockcastle to school that even I didn't know I had until my Dad explained them all and how we were related. LOL Dougie knows about those extended families in close counties. I guess in all honesty if it isn't just blatant, it can be accidental...LOL
(11-28-2023, 03:36 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(11-28-2023, 02:24 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-10-2023, 10:16 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: ^^ but you know Harlan county, at any moment there might be a random change of thought and suddenly there’s a nepotism hire.
Called it
Gotta say school systems in mountain towns is the number one profession where it happens

I know it happens here a lot and wonder why nothing is ever done about it.