Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe I Missed Something
I'm sure everyone here has saw the news of the 9 people killed, and many others wounded at a mall in Omaha NE. What possesses someone to do this? I mean, seriously, it blows my mind. Reports are coming out that he lost his job... so that makes he want to kill 10-15 people he's never met before??

The question I have is... lets say he did it in a moment of rage, or even as a 'stress reliever'?? Why did he take his life immediately afterwards?? I mean.. why wouldn't you just do it first if thats the end result. Get it over with, and spare the innocent.

I know this is a sad story, and I'm getting too into his head.. but, it baffles me. Maybe I haven't explained myself or what I mean well enough... ??

I mean, whats the point in doing something to others, that you'll never get a chance to see how it plays out? Why wouldn't he choose to live and bask in the 'limelight' of his 'accomplishments'? Its just not logical to me.
I'm not saying he should have done it... i'm just saying, since he did... then why did he kill himself? He had a goal of killing himself obviously... he could have done it much quicker had he done it as soon as the thought crossed his mind... why did he have to kill others first?
Yea you have a point, but its just a sad series of unfortunate events that occured.
My prayers are out to those whom lost loved ones.
I don't know the story that you speak of but I have always had the same feeling. Just like the VA Tech shooter. I wish they would put the gun in their mouth first and save all of those innocent lives.

Lord the world must be coming to an end. You and I agree on something.Big Grin
It just doesn't seem logical to me. I've wanted to fight people before to relieve my stress lol... but I didn't want to beat myself up afterwards.

I dunno.. its just baffling.
The kid, 19 year old Robert Hawkins, from what I saw on the news said he wanted to "go out with a bang."
I think they do it because they want other people to feel their pain. It breaks my heart when I hear stories like this
They feel irrelevant in their mundane everyday lives. Then something happens (such as losing their job) and it makes them feel worthless and that nobody recognizes him/her for anything.

The way I see it, they know if they just kill themselves it won't make them any more known than they already are so why not have people talking about your name for years to come and go out as somewhat of what they may see as a "legend" to others who feel the same way.

Sick, but it's my view on how they see things. Or at least some of them. Truth is we'll never know what is wrong with people like this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:They feel irrelevant in their mundane everyday lives. Then something happens (such as losing their job) and it makes them feel worthless and that nobody recognizes him/her for anything.

The way I see it, they know if they just kill themselves it won't make them any more known than they already are so why not have people talking about your name for years to come and go out as somewhat of what they may see as a "legend" to others who feel the same way.

Sick, but it's my view on how they see things. Or at least some of them. Truth is we'll never know what is wrong with people like this.

I agree with you. I'm pretty sure thats what he was thinking myself. But its not logical to think that way. You can't enjoy 'legend' status when you're dead. Look at Manson and his 'legend'.

Look, this guy could have done what he done, and with some help from the "pro-american" ACLU... got off with probation. lol... I mean, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Either do it and then bask in the limelight, or just get your own life over with. Its like Oswald killing Kennedy, then killing himself. Sure he'd be a legend for all times... but... wouldn't you rather be writing a book about what you done, then being judged by "the BOOK"?
Very sad story to hear it really is. My thoughts and prayers go out to all the families involved.