Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car lovers
I figured it would make for some good discussion and bring back a few memories.

Here is one of my toys from a few years ago. Had to sell it before it was finished to keep my son out of it.
Midee1 Wrote:I figured it would make for some good discussion and bring back a few memories.

Here is one of my toys from a few years ago. Had to sell it before it was finished to keep my son out of it.

Can you give us some info on it?
ronald_reagan Wrote:Can you give us some info on it?

What ya wanna know?
89 GT factory 5.0 car

Exterior.
Cobra R hood and rear bumper cover
Saleen wing
Weld super lite 2's

Interior
Stock
Hurst Short throw shifter
Racing buckets (Forgot the brand)
Simpson 5 point harnesses
All AutoMeter guages

Engine
306 c.i.
Stock block and crank
JE SRP flat top pistons
Edelbrock performer Aluminum heads
Comp Cams 516/280 grind pretty mild
All ARP bolts throughout
Edelbrock performer RPM intake
Holley 650 DBL
Complete Mac exhaust from headers to tips.
Single wire alternator
MSD 7AL
March underdrive pullies
Crane 1.7 Rollers

Trans
Stock T5
King Cobra Ctutch with adj quadrant
Hurst short throw shifter

Rear end
Stock 8.8
Ford Racing 4.30 ring and pinion with an extra steel and clutch.

Suspension
4 cyl springs up front
90/10 shocks up front
Rear upper and lower control arms (forgot the brand)
Midee1 Wrote:What ya wanna know?

Just normal stuff.

Carb size, intake make, cam type/size, heads, rockers, compression? ya know.. just about the car.... the mods

My fave 5.0 had:

76mm C&L cal for 24lbs
FMS 24lbs
Kenne Belle Ram Air with K&N
Thumper of Orange County E7TE's (flowed AMAZING)
1.7 Crane RR's pushing double valve springs
Typhoon Intake with matching and cleanup
Underdrive pulleys
Flashed Comp
Flowmasters with custom X-pipe, through stock headers
MSD6AL
125 shot (never hooked up)
Stock cam Sad
Stock internals. Probably pushed about 280-290 at the wheels.

Built AOD, Art Carr 2800RPM, hardened input shaft, manual shift only Valve body. With push button OD and FULL control over 2nd gear.

Subframe connectors
4.10 Locker in the 8.8
17" Chrome Cobra R's with 285's out back

Never ran it @ the track, but pulled mid and upper 12's on Gtech. With a nice cam and full length headers, it should have pulled upper 11's.
MMMMM..Looks like a good appetizer for my Vette, lol! Really, does look like that car can run like a beast from what all you have in it! Sharp!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:MMMMM..Looks like a good appetizer for my Vette, lol! Really, does look like that car can run like a beast from what all you have in it! Sharp!

It wouldn't be the first time I've been smoked Smile

I once pulled up next to an s-10. Looked stock, sounded stock. Busted my butt. Ends up it had a syclone drive train, with a stock s-10 body. 21lbs of boost. Ran mid 11's. I learned my lesson that day..

I've been wanting to build a 2000ish s-10 with a fresh 6.0 ls-2. I saw one at a show a while back and it was perfect. It sounded like a cadillac at idle, looked like a 4 cyclinder with the hood down. Had single exhaust in the stock location. I mean nothing was different about it, except the drivetrain.
ronald_reagan Wrote:It wouldn't be the first time I've been smoked Smile

I once pulled up next to an s-10. Looked stock, sounded stock. Busted my butt. Ends up it had a syclone drive train, with a stock s-10 body. 21lbs of boost. Ran mid 11's. I learned my lesson that day..

I've been wanting to build a 2000ish s-10 with a fresh 6.0 ls-2. I saw one at a show a while back and it was perfect. It sounded like a cadillac at idle, looked like a 4 cyclinder with the hood down. Had single exhaust in the stock location. I mean nothing was different about it, except the drivetrain.

Was it one of them Cyclone S-10's, or whatever it is there called. Them guys up Hi-Tech Racing Engines have a couple of them S-10's that are BAD TO THE BONE...
Redneck Wrote:Was it one of them Cyclone S-10's, or whatever it is there called. Them guys up Hi-Tech Racing Engines have a couple of them S-10's that are BAD TO THE BONE...

Yeah, it was a Syclone engine, with a powerglide trans, and rear wheel drive instead of AWD, and it was in a stock looking s-10. Not the Syclone body with ground effects, rims, lowered, etc.
ronald_reagan Wrote:Yeah, it was a Syclone engine, with a powerglide trans, and rear wheel drive instead of AWD, and it was in a stock looking s-10. Not the Syclone body with ground effects, rims, lowered, etc.

Them Syclones are mean. If I'm not mistaken the guys at Hi-Tech won the Syclone Nationals or somethin like that. It's on their website but I don't remember what it is. Google Hi-Tech Racing Engines if you wanna find the site.
Redneck Wrote:Them Syclones are mean. If I'm not mistaken the guys at Hi-Tech won the Syclone Nationals or somethin like that. It's on their website but I don't remember what it is. Google Hi-Tech Racing Engines if you wanna find the site.

They have held the world record a few times with their syclone. McCoy can ONLY build turbo syclones. He's messed up more cars than I'd care to even talk about.. including my buddies $150,000 camaro. Which is why they've been sued about 25 times now Smile
ronald_reagan Wrote:They have held the world record a few times with their syclone. McCoy can ONLY build turbo syclones. He's messed up more cars than I'd care to even talk about.. including my buddies $150,000 camaro. Which is why they've been sued about 25 times now Smile

Aww, I never knew that. I know they build some dang good dirt track motors. You're buddy wouldn't happen to be Nick Salyer would it, lol.
Redneck Wrote:Aww, I never knew that. I know they build some dang good dirt track motors. You're buddy wouldn't happen to be Nick Salyer would it, lol.

No.

My buddy's camaro is a 1969 RS/SS 396 L-78/L-89 with factory ALUMINUM heads. Its got every single option except for the JL-8 rear disc brakes.

396/375 horse aluminum heads
m-22 rockcrusher trans
3.73 positrac
rallye wheels
f70's
rosewood stearing wheel
houndstooth interior
power windows
console WITH guages
deluxe seatbelts
Vinyl top
Chambered exhaust
headlight washers
hidden headlights

No expense spared. Paid about $35ish canadian for it in 1999. Turned down $90 in 2005. Now worth about $140-150.

Its an amazing piece of work. 1 of 1 with the options.