Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fleming County 20 Henry Clay 18
Nice win for the Panthers to start off the season!
Sad to see this Henry Clay program this down. But FCPS needs to completely revamp that school.
(08-19-2023, 04:54 AM)Nations Elite Wrote: Sad to see this Henry Clay program this down. But FCPS needs to completely revamp that school.

Curious as to what you mean by this.
I'm assuming Henry Clay scheduled this game thinking they would start the season with a win. What's the issue with their program? No offense to Fleming County but Henry Clay shouldn't have lost this game. Congrats to Fleming County on a big win.
Henry Clay sure has went down hill.
(08-19-2023, 01:38 PM)Westside Wrote: I'm assuming Henry Clay scheduled this game thinking they would start the season with a win.  What's the issue with their program?  No offense to Fleming County but Henry Clay shouldn't have lost this game.  Congrats to Fleming County on a big win.
Douglas and some what Woodford Co(Dennis  Johnson) is the main issue, they are getting all the talent in Lexington it has dyed down some, but you have to have an aggressive Coach in Lexington to keep them from going to Douglas. Bryan Station and now Tates Creek has done that so they are keeping most kids that are districted to those schools. Lafayette is the biggest public school in the state and Henry Clay is second both close to 3000 students so you can't tell me that those schools shouldn't have better teams, I just don't get it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Daddy Bull's post:
  • Westside
(08-19-2023, 03:53 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(08-19-2023, 01:38 PM)Westside Wrote: I'm assuming Henry Clay scheduled this game thinking they would start the season with a win.  What's the issue with their program?  No offense to Fleming County but Henry Clay shouldn't have lost this game.  Congrats to Fleming County on a big win.
Douglas and some what Woodford Co(Dennis  Johnson) is the main issue, they are getting all the talent in Lexington it has dyed down some, but you have to have an aggressive Coach in Lexington to keep them from going to Douglas. Bryan Station and now Tates Creek has done that so they are keeping most kids that are districted to those schools. Lafayette is the biggest public school in the state and Henry Clay is second both close to 3000 students so you can't tell me that those schools shouldn't have better teams, I just don't get it.

Thank you.

I think most people would have thought Henry Clay should win based on school size. It was a win-win for Fleming.  They got the win on their record and a nice check for playing in the bowl.