Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV Coverage for State Championship??
Does anyone know if their will be TV coverage of the Belfry state championship game, I know min years past they have picked up the broadcast from another provider and showed it on WYMT. Does anyone have any idea??
You can buy it afterward but I dont think it will be shown around here. OR I maybe wrong. I would love to see it too.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
If you have WYMT, they usually broadcast the Eastern KY teams live. I know I watched Belfry play on WYMT the last time they were in the state championship.
I was thinking the same thing, but they didn't mention it on sports overtime last night.
Cool Whoa!!!! I thought that you were going?Cool :rockon: I have you a red towel saved!!!!:rockon: [/I]
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:You can buy it afterward but I dont think it will be shown around here. OR I maybe wrong. I would love to see it too.
If anyone finds out anything please let me know because I have finals to study for and cant make the trip to Williamsburg. GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:If anyone finds out anything please let me know because I have finals to study for and cant make the trip to Williamsburg. GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Williamsburg??? I thought it was at Wheelwright. :o
j/k I know what you mean.
WYMT announced last night that they will air it on a tape delayed basis on saturday night at 8 p.m. IMO I think that is terrible coverage, WYMT has a mountain team playing in the state title game and they are not even going to cover it. They havent even done any reports on the upcoming game, except one mention last night. Bring back Brian Milam!
Belfry_99 Wrote:WYMT announced last night that they will air it on a tape delayed basis on saturday night at 8 p.m. IMO I think that is terrible coverage, WYMT has a mountain team playing in the state title game and they are not even going to cover it. They havent even done any reports on the upcoming game, except one mention last night. Bring back Brian Milam!

But yet u can guarantee if Hazard or Perry or Breathitt was in it then the would have Live Coverage of the game and all you would hear about is that one game for the entire week. Makes me sick. I AGREE BRING BACK MILAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WYMT is a good news station but you're right, they are a very biased. Uncanny how Mountain News would not do coverage for a "mountain" team.
Wait !!!!!!!
There are regulations from KHSAA about game footage and broadcast. I know that when Russell played, they would not let us record the game by tape for the coaching staff. I may be wrong but check with that... It may be a blessing that it is being covered at all by WYMT.

OH where can i find the broadc ast if I dont get to go. How could I watch it if i dont live down there in GODS country??????????
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
I am saying is that previously when Belfry made it to the pizza box, it was covered LIVE by WYMT, and this year it isnt.
Yea I also remember watching P-Burg in the 90's.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Belfry_99 Wrote:WYMT announced last night that they will air it on a tape delayed basis on saturday night at 8 p.m. IMO I think that is terrible coverage, WYMT has a mountain team playing in the state title game and they are not even going to cover it. They havent even done any reports on the upcoming game, except one mention last night. Bring back Brian Milam!

That stinks! :moon: Confusedhh:
Yea WYMT is very biased... WPRG may do it live though, I know have the capabilities to do live broadcast now, they did the Pikeville College Alice Loyd game live... That is something to check into...
kyr450 Wrote:Yea WYMT is very biased... WPRG may do it live though, I know have the capabilities to do live broadcast now, they did the Pikeville College Alice Loyd game live... That is something to check into...
PRG won't be doing it live either...they can only do live stuff from Pikeville or Pikeville College...It's not broadcast, It's cable.

Catch it live on the voice of the Pirates All season, every game...Coal Country WXCC 96.5 in the Pond Creek area or 98.1 in Pikeville or on 103.1 WPKE in Pikeville.

Live broadcast stream at www.wxccfm.com or www.wpke.com
be nice if the khsaa worked out something with cstv in the next couple of years...With the NAIA national tournaments you can watch the games on live video stream for like 5 dollars a game. I know sucks to have to pay but if our local stations will not cover it I would pay that 5 dollars and be happy with it lol. But to the radio I will go just as I have all season :-(
This summer I watched the championship game of the Cooperstown 12 year old baseball tournament live on the internet. You would think we could at least watch the football championships live on the internet.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Wait !!!!!!!
There are regulations from KHSAA about game footage and broadcast. I know that when Russell played, they would not let us record the game by tape for the coaching staff. I may be wrong but check with that... It may be a blessing that it is being covered at all by WYMT.

OH where can i find the broadc ast if I dont get to go. How could I watch it if i dont live down there in GODS country??????????

Who told you that we couldn't tape the game? it was taped for the Coaches.
I was told that they would not let anyone film it because it was being recorded by the station to be sold to the public by KHSAA> I guess it was a LIE then. I know who told me and I will check it out.

About 20 minutes into the game, loss of signal....WYMT has been dead air for about 20 minutes now:mad:
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:I was told that they would not let anyone film it because it was being recorded by the station to be sold to the public by KHSAA> I guess it was a LIE then. I know who told me and I will check it out.

hmmmm are vidoe guy had to go to up top to tape it.
Dream_Weaver Wrote:About 20 minutes into the game, loss of signal....WYMT has been dead air for about 20 minutes now:mad:

It has now been 50 minutes of dead air...:mad:
Dream_Weaver Wrote:It has now been 50 minutes of dead air...:mad:
I called WYMT and Suddenlink...lol..Finally came back on...GRRRR...Did I want to watch this again?...lol
mine was out for about 5 minutes and then came back on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]