Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley Wildcats '08
How will Valley do in 08? I know they have quite a bit coming back.
They'll be alright, but the #2 seed is still between them and Bath County. But it’s going to be hard to replace a player like Jonah Justice... Did they lose Brock Kenny to graduation?
Pepper Wrote:They'll be alright, but the #2 seed is still between them and Bath County. But it’s going to be hard to replace a player like Jonah Justice... Did they lose Brock Kenny to graduation?

yup, they lost alot this year. Jonah Justice, Brock Kinney, Tlyer Johnson, Luca Simkons, Daniel Gillespie, Justin Tackett, i think thats it, but I dont know how Valley can handle the lose of these players. Guess we'll have to wait and see next season
They've got a good coach in Saunders and now they have some playoff experience and that will have them ready for whoever they face next season... Best of luck to the Wildcats in '08!
What does everyone think on how they will be. I think they will be pretty good 6-4 to 8-2. Big Grin
Not near that man, they lose 7 offensive starters, only the 4 linemen come back, gonna be a long season for Valley.
Valley loses a whole lot
But the best of luck to them anyways
and Congratulations on a great season
Valley should be farily Decent next year...But I whould say they will end around 5-5 record.
Valley did loose alot this year to gardution, but they will have some good replacements. Also they did have alot of injuries this year too. If they can gain some confidence with some early wins next year they will not have a loosing record.
Valley will do fine their record willbe around5-5.They have no future in playing Belfry or Breathiitt. The coach must have stayed out to late!!
i'd say they will be fine, they won't have as good as season as they did this year, but they will win some games for sure.
They lose 3 years starting Quarterback Tyler Johnson, it's downhill from here for Valley.
Valley will be lucky to finish even on the season 5-5, but I hope they can prove me wrong
NYY10 Wrote:yup, they lost alot this year. Jonah Justice, Brock Kinney, Tlyer Johnson, Luca Simkons, Daniel Gillespie, Justin Tackett, i think thats it, but I dont know how Valley can handle the lose of these players. Guess we'll have to wait and see next season
i think will be fine. they played 3 or 4 games without daniel i dont know why they did but in those games they looked pretty good. Also the corey kid and anthony got hurt earlier in the season and they will help out a lot next year to imo.
Offensive players returning, 4 linemen, Cody Mitchell, Logan Bryant, and Nathan Mullins, not much to work with.
good indicator of how they will do is to look at how well their jv did on offense.... but it is still hard to replace 7 starters on offense (all of them skill players pretty much) and it will be really hard to fill up Jonah's shoes. I see a 4-6 season for SV next year.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Offensive players returning, 4 linemen, Cody Mitchell, Logan Bryant, and Nathan Mullins, not much to work with.

Zach McCoy has played on offensive the past two years and will be a senior next year.
They have 5 Offensive starters returning and 7 defensive starters returning
Returning 4 offensive lineman starters is great, another year in the weight room to get bigger, stronger, with their game experience, you dont have to be real quick to run behind a good line, just 3-4 yards every play, you will score every time you touch the ball.
A-TRAIN Wrote:Returning 4 offensive lineman starters is great, another year in the weight room to get bigger, stronger, with their game experience, you dont have to be real quick to run behind a good line, just 3-4 yards every play, you will score every time you touch the ball.

Yeah but Valley couldn't even score every other time they got the ball, so I wouldn't worry about scoring every time just yet.
A-TRAIN Wrote:Returning 4 offensive lineman starters is great, another year in the weight room to get bigger, stronger, with their game experience, you dont have to be real quick to run behind a good line, just 3-4 yards every play, you will score every time you touch the ball.

:lmao: I can guarantee that Shelby Valley will not score everytime they touch the ball, even if they had the best line in the state, they still will not score everytime they touch it.
I didnt literally mean that they would score every time they got the ball, was just stating that if you can get 3-4 yards a carry, you will not be stopped. I'm sure they will play against teams with quicker D-Lineman, blitzing linebackers and defensive schemes that are geared directly to the play they are running. I put in my time on the Valley line many years ago.

I was just stating that the line is a good building block for a successful team, they may have lost many skilled position players but it helps to have returning letterman up front to help control the game.