Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class A Region Layout?
This might have been discussed before, but what is the deal with the east division of Class A and the layout. Why do you have Pikeville traveling up to Lexington to play and Campbellsville traveling to Hazard to play? Shouldn't Pikeville be going to Hazard and Campbellsville to Lexington? Would make sense to me with geographic locations. :confused:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think with the new class alignment, it switches each year. Next year, Hazard may go to Lexington or whatever.
I agree Beef but, this has taken effect outside of class A also, Prestonsburg has to travel to Louisville, Belfry has to travel to Somerset, and Letcher Central has to travel to northern Kentucky to take on Highlands. And IMO, Belfry should be playing Russell, Prestonsburg should be playing Corbin, and Letcher Central should be playing Johnson Central.

The thing that makes me laugh is that the new KHSAA playoff system was setup to cut down expenses and I think it may have back fired on them.
The layout does give "Mountain Teams" a better chance at the big show though.
Crossbones Wrote:The layout does give "Mountain Teams" a better chance at the big show though.

They may very well be the only plus to this playoff system. I thought about it earlier that these mountain teams will get to play in a general area close to some bigger cities and big-time college scouts.
blackcat_student Wrote:They may very well be the only plus to this playoff system. I thought about it earlier that these mountain teams will get to play in a general area close to some bigger cities and big-time college scouts.
:thumpsup:
BelfryPirates Wrote:I think with the new class alignment, it switches each year. Next year, Hazard may go to Lexington or whatever.

Next year's regional: Pikeville's district plays Campbellville's district
Hazard's district plays LCA's district.
Out west in 1A should Mayfield defeat Frankfort and Beechwood defeat LHC then Beechwood would have to travel to Mayfield, its a 6 hour drive or just shorter than the drive from Mayfield to Destin, FL.
and how bout Henry County having to play in Paducah at Tilghman this week.

So who's money exactly is being saved in this little arrangement???
WHo wants to travel this distance?? Henry has little if any chance of winning and I bet most fans will not take a chance on travelingthis far unless they have ties to the team.
I remember Pike Central's first year making playoffs they had to travel all the way to Somerset to take on Southwestern for the first round it was crazy lol.