Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jenkins
KHSAA approves their move back to the 14th.  I wonder what that means for the 59th district.
I certainly hope no super district or the rumors I hear of blind draw every year
[-] The following 1 user Likes RTruth's post:
  • Grinch1
Who’s going to replace them in the 15th?
Prob no one. No one replaced them in the 14th when they left.
That leaves the 14th with 17 teams, that’s in years that Riverside Christian is able to come up with trams in the 55th.
The 15th region now has 14 teams. That means a couple of districts are going to be made up of 3 teams.
I think it could be possible to move Knott County to the 15th. Besides that I don’t think the 15th can add any other team due to geography . If Knott was to move over they would still have to rearrange some districts I would think

My suggestion would be

57th
Paintsville
JC
Magoffin or LC

58th
Knott
FC
PBurg
Magoffin or LC

59th
Pikeville
ER
Valley
BL

60th
Phelps
PC
Belfry
MC

Even then still leaves one district with 3 teams. So I’m not sure of a solution unless you do a super region and do away with districts.
Knott County is not going to 15th. They are a traditional team and have no desire to move.
Knott would fight that idea with all their might! They have been in the 14th since the regions were created. Tradition and history with Carr Creek, Hindman and old Knott Co High. They’re not going anywhere imo.
It was the only idea I had where 2 districts in the 15th wouldn’t have 3 teams. Seems like a super region is on the horizon.
Yeah, Knott is not moving.

If South Floyd and Allen Central were still a thing, you could throw in Prestonsburg and Knott for a decent little district.
But I think the 53rd is in a good spot.
Time for the Super Regionals and do away with District tournaments. Get with the times Kentucky.
If you do away with districts then go ahead and class it
Nothing really changes in all reality. Credit to the folks at Jenkins who work hard to keep their programs running, but I am not sure they played in a 15th Region Tournament in any sport during their time in the 15th. Not much changes except some games that probably didn’t need to be played, won’t have to be played.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Panther Thunder's post:
  • LCC#1
The 14th only had 14 teams competing before jenkins returned  .. with JBS and Riverside not currently sporting teams
Jenkins needs to be back in the 14th, and it really don't matter because they can't compete.in the 15th or the 14th.
Only wins that they made get in the 14th would be the teams at the bottom of the rpi of the 14th.
I will say this I commend the coaches of both the Boys and basketball teams.
With two district games left for the Girls looks like they have a real good shot of finishing with the 2 seed in the 59th.
The boys' team will finish with the 4 seed with a o-6 record and will play Pikeville in first round.
Sad part is Jenkins has two big kids and the 6'7"Stewart kid can't score and has never developed the 4 years he has been there, but he can rebound.
His sister can play till she gets rattled.