Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel 69 Williamsburg 25
Final
What in the ...

Was Wburg with its full complement of players? They've scored in the eighties or nineties in about half their games this season. 25... WOW ! Jackets are struggling.
Williamsburg had everyone. South Laurels defense was too strong for Williamsburg.
(01-14-2023, 10:42 PM)mountain_music Wrote: Williamsburg had everyone.  South Laurels defense  was too strong for Williamsburg.
 Coach Davis always has his team playing strong defense. If you don't match that intensity you are gonna lose.
starting to think the burg peaked in nov-december. Happens to a lot of teams like the old Harlan CO teams of the past. Teams that lost to the burg early in the year have improved leaps and bounds so if teams start to play this team again it may start changing some outcomes.
(01-15-2023, 03:10 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: starting to think the burg peaked in nov-december. Happens to a lot of teams like the old Harlan CO teams of the past. Teams that lost to the burg early in the year have improved leaps and bounds so if teams start to play this team again it may start changing some outcomes.

When i was researching some scores recently, I was stunned to find that prior to the Burg's recent 77-72 win over Lynn Camp, Williamsburg had lost 12 straight games to the Campers. That blew my mind.