Poll: Mason County vs. Russell
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell Red Devils
78.57%
Mason County Royals
21.43%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mason County vs. Russell - AAA District 7 Championship
Russell in a close one.
Will weather play a part inthe game, how will it affect the outcome, passing, fumbles dropped passes.. any thoughts??
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
I dont think weather is to much of a factor.
Ill take the home team.
You bet weather will have a factor in this game! With the conditions of the field and the wet ball. Turnovers are always a factor!!
Russell will have it better if weather plays a roll.
Mason pass's will tell the game.
dundee Wrote:russell will have it better if weather plays a roll
mason pass's will tell the game

Russell's passing game is the key factor here, if Russell has their passing game to Bailey,Mitchell and Dillon going, this game will be a blowout quick, if bad weather is in the area during game time, that will slow the passing game, allowing Mason to keep close and have a shot. The run game is the cornerstone of Russell, its why they always have winning records, except 97, always make the playoffs, except 97, and always make a good showing. However, the determining factor on whether or not they make it to Louisville, will be the passing game, yeah they ran all over EC, but thats EC, if and when they face teams like Breathitt or Belfry(who held JC to 26yds on the ground I believe) if the passing game is not there, Russell will lose.
Russell
For anyone who has serious interest in seeing Dolly play another role, other than kicker, it will probably never happen. While he's a phenomenal athlete, he's also a starting soccer player. He never is able to practice with the varsity football team other than an occasional appearance. Now if he quit soccer, he could probably be a decent football player.
EkyLb Wrote:Russell's passing game is the key factor here, if Russell has their passing game to Bailey,Mitchell and Dillon going, this game will be a blowout quick, if bad weather is in the area during game time, that will slow the passing game, allowing Mason to keep close and have a shot. The run game is the cornerstone of Russell, its why they always have winning records, except 97, always make the playoffs, except 97, and always make a good showing. However, the determining factor on whether or not they make it to Louisville, will be the passing game, yeah they ran all over EC, but thats EC, if and when they face teams like Breathitt or Belfry(who held JC to 26yds on the ground I believe) if the passing game is not there, Russell will lose.

Russell's gotta catch the ball first
RedDevilRB Wrote:Russell's gotta catch the ball first

dropped passes havent been a problem all year, so in a game where you only throw 4 passes, a couple dropped ones look bad, but its not that big of a deal.
EkyLb Wrote:Russell's passing game is the key factor here, if Russell has their passing game to Bailey,Mitchell and Dillon going, this game will be a blowout quick, if bad weather is in the area during game time, that will slow the passing game, allowing Mason to keep close and have a shot. The run game is the cornerstone of Russell, its why they always have winning records, except 97, always make the playoffs, except 97, and always make a good showing. However, the determining factor on whether or not they make it to Louisville, will be the passing game, yeah they ran all over EC, but thats EC, if and when they face teams like Breathitt or Belfry(who held JC to 26yds on the ground I believe) if the passing game is not there, Russell will lose.

I completely agree with your assessment. It is whether or not Russell can pass effectively enough to get first downs against the better teams that determines whether or not they will win or lose. For the most part, their running game, defense, and special teams are generally solid enough, but the better teams can shut down their running game to some extent. As you said, the lack of an effective passing game against Mason County will probably mean a close game. However, the lack of an effective passing game against Belfry this year will equal a loss.
ryanparker Wrote:I completely agree with your assessment. It is whether or not Russell can pass effectively enough to get first downs against the better teams that determines whether or not they will win or lose. For the most part, their running game, defense, and special teams are generally solid enough, but the better teams can shut down their running game to some extent. As you said, the lack of an effective passing game against Mason County will probably mean a close game. However, the lack of an effective passing game against Belfry this year will equal a loss.

Russell's run can be shut down, but when that happens the other team usually totally commits to the run, look at the difference between the 2 times we played EC, the first time they were completely committed to stopping Russell's run, most of the time, their safety, was only 5-6yds deep, and Mitchell had a stellar game. Last Friday they backed off some, and Russell ran all over them, Russell has gotten much better since then, and healed up also. I'm just worried that in most games this yr, Russell has only thrown 4-6 times, so there's not very many reps in live action, full pads, full speed, people trying to hit you and swat the ball, no amount of practice can make up for that kind of experience, receiving or passing.
jgrubby Wrote:Yeah but Jason doesn't have varicose veins!!!:moon:

So if a player doesn't have bulging viens their not good? I hate to tell you but who ever told you that viens matter was completely wrong. they dont matter at all.
ukno08 Wrote:So if a player doesn't have bulging viens their not good? I hate to tell you but who ever told you that veins matter was completely wrong. they don't matter at all.

I think he was referring to the fact that old people get varicose veins. It had absolutely nothing to do with Jason's ability at all.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/varicoseveins.html
:lmao:
ukno08 Wrote:So if a player doesn't have bulging viens their not good? I hate to tell you but who ever told you that viens matter was completely wrong. they dont matter at all.
ukno08 Wrote:So if a player doesn't have bulging viens their not good? I hate to tell you but who ever told you that viens matter was completely wrong. they dont matter at all.
Not to hard on him guys, he may laugh at us "old farts" now, but one day he will wake and see some one, younger, faster, stronger and of course without the excess fatty tissue. But for as for Mr devilologist I couldn't resist. If Mason comes to life with D-fense and the snap isn't going as planned you may get your wish to see him run the ball. Now if only he (Jason) could pass the Ball!!!

sorry he didnt say it proper it should be mean bone
dundee Wrote:sorry he didnt say it proper it should be mean bone

devilologist or jason?
Russell
Midee1 Wrote:I think he was referring to the fact that old people get varicose veins. It had absolutely nothing to do with Jason's ability at all.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/varicoseveins.html
hahahaha thats really funny thanks for the link i totally understand now haha
Russell in a close one...Good luck to both teams!
Russell-- It is game day boys !!!!!!!!
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Tonight's Forecast @ Kickoff.

Clear - 40 degrees, slight wind from the WSW making it feel like 38 degrees.

In other words .... FOOTBALL WEATHER!!!

Break out the coats, toboggans and gloves and Russell faithful don't forget your horns and cowbells!!

Let's rock the HANK tonight for our Red Devils.

Good luck boys. We are so proud of you!!!

Defend that "R"
Should be a doozy. I'll be heading out in about 6 hours. Good Luck to both teams.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]