Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Wayne County
66.67%
Clay County
33.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County @ Wayne County 11/04
Clay County will travel to Wayne County this Friday. 

Clay County (7-3)
Aug 19, 22 Knox Central away (L) 26 - 34 Knox Professional Pharmacy Bowl 
Aug 26, 22 Leslie County home (W) 42 - 32 
Sep 2, 22 Lynn Camp home (W) 40 - 0 
Sep 9, 22 Pike County Central home (W) 47 - 0 
Sep 23, 22 Harlan County away (W) 42 - 20 
Sep 30, 22 Johnson Central home (L) 20 - 56 
Oct 7, 22 Letcher County Central away (L) 18 - 59 
Oct 14, 22 Perry County Central home (W) 30 - 27 
Oct 21, 22 Magoffin County home (W) 50 - 16 
Oct 28, 22 Garrard County away (W) 27 - 20

Wayne County (7-3)
Aug 19, 22 Clinton County away (W) 43 - 14 
Aug 26, 22 Pulaski County away (L) 20 - 55 
Sep 2, 22 Rockcastle County home (W) 28 - 0 
Sep 16, 22 McCreary Central away (W) 47 - 16 
Sep 23, 22 Warren East away (L) 14 - 35 
Sep 30, 22 Casey County away (W) 33 - 32 
Oct 7, 22 Lincoln County home (W) 42 - 32 
Oct 14, 22 Knox Central away (W) 67 - 38 
Oct 21, 22 Corbin home (L) 0 - 38 
Oct 28, 22 North Laurel home (W) 31 - 28

Thoughts?
Pulling for Clay. But I have been told by a gym rat Coach gray is nervous about basketball season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
(10-30-2022, 01:55 PM)64SUR Wrote: Pulling for Clay.  But I have been told by a gym rat Coach gray is nervous about basketball season.
Yeah, it's time for basketball in Clay. Hard on those kids to practice FB and BB. Getting home late I'd think.
Clay has a oppurtunity to put 8 wins on the tally. I also am pulling for Clay County!! Stop the Wayne County QB with 12 spys and Clay has the offense to pull this one off...

Denfense will need to show up in a huge way...
I’d love for the boys in Manchester to pull this one off but I think the tigers will get more than they can handle.

WC- 42
Tigers- 28
I believe Wayne gets the win. They are a solid team IMO.
Clay County has a great quarterback and some solid receivers but their offense is not good enough to overcome what has been a weak defense against both the pass and the run.
This is where Clay's schedule will hurt them. Those 7 wins look good until you see they defeated no one with a winning record.
I believe Clay County needs to hire a defensive coordinator to focus on that side of the ball. Sizemore can put together a offense capable of  scoring on anyone at any level. Defense is what keeps you in the 50/50 games and gives the offense a chance to pull some upsets. No doubt Wayne County is at home and they have a QB that I like. I know when I went to the Corbin/Wayne game I paid attention to the start of the game to see how Wayne was going to try to attack Corbin and they came out in a Wing T. Of course that didn't work, and then they went into the spread and I expected the QB to throw but he mainly tried to run after the play was developing. The only thing that threw me off was they went for it on every 4th down and long, didn't punt at all. Clays offense put up 20 points on Johnson Central and I consider that to be the best team that Clay has played. So Clay should be able to score there points but it will come down to Clay County's defense to see if they can stop the elusive Wayne QB. Spy, spy, spy........LOL.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • North laurel Fan
(10-31-2022, 12:15 AM)BUFFALO Wrote: This is where Clay's schedule will hurt them. Those 7 wins look good until you see they defeated no one with a winning record.

Anyone could easily say the same about Wayne county. As the only team they beat with a Winning record was Casey county and Casey lost to a terrible rockcastle team. The north win is alright but their (5-5). I do think Wayne is the favorite it being at home and it will take a real effort from clays defense to pull this one off!
(10-31-2022, 03:29 PM)FallRock Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 12:15 AM)BUFFALO Wrote: This is where Clay's schedule will hurt them. Those 7 wins look good until you see they defeated no one with a winning record.

Anyone could easily say the same about Wayne county. As the only team they beat with a Winning record was Casey county and Casey lost to a terrible rockcastle team. The north win is alright but their (5-5). I do think Wayne is the favorite it being at home and it will take a real effort from clays defense to pull this one off!
 Picking the winner of a football game based on who they've played is risky and that's all I can do. I've not seen either team in a few years, but I think Wayne wins. North is 5-5 because of their schedule and a forfeit. Do you have any idea of where Clay winds up next year, stay the same or drop to 3A ?  I've heard their enrollment is down.
(10-31-2022, 03:51 PM)BUFFALO Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 03:29 PM)FallRock Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 12:15 AM)BUFFALO Wrote: This is where Clay's schedule will hurt them. Those 7 wins look good until you see they defeated no one with a 
 Picking the winner of a football game based on who they've played is risky and that's all I can do. I've not seen either team in a few years, but I think Wayne wins. North is 5-5 because of their schedule and a forfeit. Do you have any idea of where Clay winds up next year, stay the same or drop to 3A ?  I've heard their enrollment is down.

I honestly couldn’t tell you, it’s changed so much over the years I think 3a would be a good place for them. Would love to see a district with them rock and bell. 
Clay will be 3A, between 700-800 students. There are about 4-5 teams in the area I could see them being grouped with.
(10-31-2022, 09:52 PM)UKCC Wrote: Clay will be 3A, between 700-800 students. There are about 4-5 teams in the area I could see them being grouped with.

Are you guessing or has there been comfirmation on this? I definately would think this would work..
(10-31-2022, 09:54 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 09:52 PM)UKCC Wrote: Clay will be 3A, between 700-800 students. There are about 4-5 teams in the area I could see them being grouped with.

Are you guessing or has there been comfirmation on this? I definately would think this would work..

I know the number of students for sure. Clay was a middle of the pack 4A school while numbers have went down nearly 100-150 in just 5 years or so. Where the school is now is much more similar to that of the 3A schools when the last realignment was done. Most people in the community think 3A as well which I believe will benefit Clay. While they’ll be in a tough district regardless, there ‘should’ be no Johnson Central types (I always say I’m not sure what you do with those schools. They beat everyone regardless).
[-] The following 1 user Likes UKCC's post:
  • Bull got out!

At most schools 7 wins look good regardless.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bandit29's post:
  • BTP, TheStickyBandit
(10-31-2022, 09:45 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: I believe Clay County needs to hire a defensive coordinator to focus on that side of the ball. Sizemore can put together a offense capable of  scoring on anyone at any level. Defense is what keeps you in the 50/50 games and gives the offense a chance to pull some upsets. No doubt Wayne County is at home and they have a QB that I like. I know when I went to the Corbin/Wayne game I paid attention to the start of the game to see how Wayne was going to try to attack Corbin and they came out in a Wing T. Of course that didn't work, and then they went into the spread and I expected the QB to throw but he mainly tried to run after the play was developing. The only thing that threw me off was they went for it on every 4th down and long, didn't punt at all. Clays offense put up 20 points on Johnson Central and I consider that to be the best team that Clay has played. So Clay should be able to score there points but it will come down to Clay County's defense to see if they can stop the elusive Wayne QB. Spy, spy, spy........LOL.
I looked it up after a coach down south does the same thing. The numbers are on the offensive side in 4th down scenarios believe it or not. Especially in high school when you don’t have a punter that can flip the field.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-02-2022, 11:19 AM)Bandit29 Wrote:

At most schools 7 wins look good regardless.
Exactly, especially since in 2014-2018 Clay won a total of 7 games in 5 seasons. 

Clay's program is heading in the right direction and regardless of the results of this coming game, they have had a good season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheStickyBandit's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
Not sure why the disdain for Clay and coach Sizemore. Seems to have done a great job there winning 7 games this year. Not sure when the last time that has even happened there. Seems to just be a negative agenda towards coach Sizemore by some on here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BTP's post:
  • Bandit29
(11-02-2022, 07:23 PM)BTP Wrote: Not sure why the disdain for Clay and coach Sizemore. Seems to have done a great job there winning 7 games this year. Not sure when the last time that has even happened there. Seems to just be a negative agenda towards coach Sizemore by some on here.

Totally agree BTP!  Not sure what more the guy can do.  Wins 7 and now it is about who Clay beat.
Wayne 48
Clay 20
(11-04-2022, 03:41 PM)Bandit29 Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 07:23 PM)BTP Wrote: Not sure why the disdain for Clay and coach Sizemore. Seems to have done a great job there winning 7 games this year. Not sure when the last time that has even happened there. Seems to just be a negative agenda towards coach Sizemore by some on here.

Totally agree BTP!  Not sure what more the guy can do.  Wins 7 and now it is about who Clay beat.
I think he’s done a good job given where they were at. Now do they have a weak schedule? Yea. But here’s the thing. If he schedules Fredrick Douglass every game and gets their butts kicked. Do people think that players will just flock to him to play? Haha. Generate some excitement, like he’s done. And build on it. Get the numbers first, then develop. One thing he does need to do is get their grade school and middle school programs in line. They have a great feeder system with all of those grade schools. Work with them, translate that work to the middle school and reap the rewards of it in high school. 90% of all great Kentucky high school teams have a great theater system I would about guarantee. He has the structure in place, he just has to build on it
I agree Hound from everything I’ve heard Sizmore’s starting to get some kids to stick around and play in high school. If they’re losing every game kids ain’t gonna stick. All it takes is classes starting to stick together and Clay could start upgrading their schedule
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Hound05
I think maybe you or someone in another thread said he should hire a DC. I can agree with that. They’ve got some offensive Momentum down there. Their D? Annhhh…. Not so much. But thats fine, that’s not a shot towards them, nobody starts out with bear Bryant in every spot. But just like the players,
Coaches have to build up their side as well.
Go BIG CLAY !!!