Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class of 2009
baseball_dad Wrote:Not sure if this kid is a junior or not, but Paintsville's Austin Lyons is going to be good. He threw a no hitter this past season and had a very good ERA as well.

He is a Soph.
baseball_dad Wrote:Not sure if this kid is a junior or not, but Paintsville's Austin Lyons is going to be good. He threw a no hitter this past season and had a very good ERA as well.

I don't remember the no hitter.....when, where and who???
The Guru Wrote:I don't remember the no hitter.....when, where and who???

He did indeed throw a no hitter.
TRUEBALLAHOLLA Wrote:He did indeed throw a no hitter.

Well...ok!
He told me himself that he threw 4 no-hit innings against Sheldon Clark, then was taken off the mound. The next pitcher gave up a hit to the next batter.
A no-hitter has to be a complete game.
I think the world of Austin, he is one of the nicest and genuine kids you will ever meet, So I'm not dissing him. Just clearing something up.
The Guru Wrote:Well...ok!
He told me himself that he threw 4 no-hit innings against Sheldon Clark, then was taken off the mound. The next pitcher gave up a hit to the next batter.
A no-hitter has to be a complete game.
I think the world of Austin, he is one of the nicest and genuine kids you will ever meet, So I'm not dissing him. Just clearing something up.

Well he threw a no-hitter as long as the coach would allow it to go on. It's not Lyons fault he was jerked. If I'm not mistaken he threw a no hitter his 8th grade year too. Well same situation as jerked in the middle of it.
TRUEBALLAHOLLA Wrote:Well he threw a no-hitter as long as the coach would allow it to go on. It's not Lyons fault he was jerked. If I'm not mistaken he threw a no hitter his 8th grade year too. Well same situation as jerked in the middle of it.
Actually, in his 8th grade year, he had a perfect game going when his coach pulled him.
E-mailing with Austin's Mom, I believe I understood he had no-hitter with Post 76 this Summer.
Austin Lyons is also a member of the class of 2010.
Austin did throw 4 innings of no-hit against Sheldon Clark and was removed. He didn't throw a no-hitter this year, with Post 76 but he did go 5-1, including a win over WV Tech's freshmen, when they played their college.
Austin pitched a 2 hitter against Ron Golden Baseball academy, at Columbus with Post 76.

This is the run down.... I misunderstood his Mom.
Lisa Douglas Wrote:Austin did throw 4 innings of no-hit against Sheldon Clark and was removed. He didn't throw a no-hitter this year, with Post 76 but he did go 5-1, including a win over WV Tech's freshmen, when they played their college.
Austin pitched a 2 hitter against Ron Golden Baseball academy, at Columbus with Post 76.

This is the run down.... I misunderstood his Mom.

mom?
Yep... I had spoken to his Mom and I misunderstood what she was telling me, so I went to the "source" and got the correct information.