Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley VS Henry Clay Boys Sweet 16 tipoff
March 17, 6:30 PM at Rupp Arena. What is everyone's thoughts on this one??????
If the refs get involved HC by 10 if not it will be real ulgy.
I have seen Henry Clay play a couple of times and likewise with Shelby Valley. Henry Clay is quick and they get after it on defense. I don't believe SV will try and run with them but who am I to question what they have accomplished this season. I hope that Valley plays the best they have all season and the best of luck to them.
Shelby Valley is definitely the best in the 15th region, but you also have to consider that we are probably one of the weakest regions in the entire state, I dont think Valley would be able to contend with anyone at state. I say Henry Clay by 15
Before South Floyd played john Hardin at Henry Clay this year they got to watch a little of Henry Clay play Senca and it was not pretty and I think Senca beat valley but that was early in the season and Valley has improved but still think Henry Clay has to much for valley but I HOPE I AM WRONG! but I will take Clay by 13 pts.
I will support the 15th all throughout the tournament but Henry Clay is a great team... they should win easily... and that is putting it nicely.
I think this will be a rough game for valley but you never know if Bentley is hitting the threes and valley plays defense it could be closer than everyone thinks...
Well first of all, congrats to Valley on making it this far...I know Henry Clay has a whole lot of talent and that they really get after it, I dont expect Valley to win this game but i do think they can play within 12-15 pts of them, only if bentley and friend is on....good luck boys! make the 15th proud Big Grin
You want my thoughts? Henry Clay by as many as they want.
Henry Clay by 14
Henry Clay in this one.
To much pressure defense from Henry Clay. Valley has no true point guard to handle the pressure and Bentley won't get off the same shots he got here in the 15th region. Henry Clay by as many as they want.
yeah..Henry Clay is going to win this one by a pretty good amount......has ne one from the 15th region made it out of the first round since paintsvile did a long time ago(NO)...and thats not gonna change this year
Henry Clay by 15+
"ZAG" Wrote:yeah..Henry Clay is going to win this one by a pretty good amount......has ne one from the 15th region made it out of the first round since paintsvile did a long time ago(NO)...and thats not gonna change this year
Pikeville made it to the 2nd round in '99.
Shelby Valley may have the most talent in the 15th but are probably the weakest in the state tournament. They are highly overrated.
Yes a 15th region team has made it to the second round since paintsville.
Johnson Central made it to the 2nd round in 2000, only to fall to the eventual state champ Elizabthtown.

I was there this year, it was a good tounrey.

bc#1
Henry Clay by 7, Valley will play a good game, but it still won't be enough.

Good Luck
Yes, JC did make it to the quarterfinals in their last regional championship run, 15th region basketball hasn't always been as poor as it has in the recent years pal.
Henry Clay should win at ease, but I hope that Valley pulls out the upset and repersents the 15th well
SV might be the best in the region but outside....
My personal opinion is that SV will lose to HC.
Have you told many people that your personal opinion is that SV will lose to HC?
"erfan2006" Wrote:Shelby Valley may have the most talent in the 15th but are probably the weakest in the state tournament. They are highly overrated.

ummm... lemme see if i understand ya here...
15th region is weakest in the state tourn and
SV is "highly overrated"...?
SV has beat all the others in the 15th
where does that leave East Ridge ranked? Underrated i guess... :roll:

Grats and Good Luck SV... best reps the 15th could send to RUPP
how sweet it is to be SWEET 16!!!!!!!!
Personally i think valley has just as good of a chance then any other team has of beating Henry Clay. All it takes is for them to come out and play like a team. Whoever puts forth more effort will win the game, and valley has that potential. But i guess we will see... But i think it will be a good game!! and Good Luck Valley!! Big Grin
"fiveforfighting" Wrote:
"erfan2006" Wrote:Shelby Valley may have the most talent in the 15th but are probably the weakest in the state tournament. They are highly overrated.

You post makes no sense. SV is easily the best team in the region, and they beat everyone in the region I think. They are the weakest team in the state tournament, or atleast the 15th Region is, maybe better than the 10th IMO. But what does ER have to do with anything. They weren't that good this year, and no one really expected them to win the region. And where does that leave them ranked, underrated??? What?
"erfan2006" Wrote:Shelby Valley may have the most talent in the 15th but are probably the weakest in the state tournament.

Does that include the Perry Central team that Shelby Valley beat by 10. :roll:
"fiveforfighting" Wrote:

All I meant to say was that the 15th region is the weakest. And even though Shelby Valley has beat everyone in the region, they are overrated compared to how they would perform to other teams in the state.
"ZAG" Wrote:yeah..Henry Clay is going to win this one by a pretty good amount......has ne one from the 15th region made it out of the first round since paintsvile did a long time ago(NO)...and thats not gonna change this year

Pikeville in 1999-Lost to eventual state champ Louisville Ballard
Johnson Central in 2000-Lost to eventual state champ Etown
Kind of shoots your theory down.