Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell vs North Laurel 13th region semis
Bell is playing with house money. All the pressure is on North & Valentine. Could be interesting.
North by 15.
Valentine coaching for his job in this one. Sizemore still the only North Laurel coach to win a region, can’t imagine North fans will be happy if Sizemore knocks em out. I’d also imagine with rumors of Davis wanting to move to administration at south that this would make South want to throw tons of money to get a coach. Throw in new KHSAA transfer rules coming down the pipe and next year could get really interesting in Laurel County.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fridaynightfights's post:
  • Franchise
Saving money and getting gas. Glad I listened to the Knox game on radio
Dirty play and bad calls are ridiculous at this level. No excuse for a player to try to hurt another player. Brad Sizemore should be ashamed. He either encouraged the behavior or condoned it because he sure dinero anything to stop it.
The kid who grabbed the shorts and flipped #3 around could have hurt him. Brad did nothing. Shame on him.
(03-05-2022, 10:40 PM)NorthsidetilIdie Wrote: Dirty play and bad calls are ridiculous at this level.  No excuse for a player to try to hurt another player.  Brad Sizemore should be ashamed.  He either encouraged the behavior or condoned it because he sure dinero anything to stop it. 
The kid who grabbed the shorts and flipped #3 around could have hurt him.  Brad did nothing.  Shame on him.
Nobody tried to hurt anybody. Common foul was called. So, even the officials didn’t see anything to indicate that. Ask around about the NL dad that had Valentine by the shirt and pinned to the wall in anger at halftime.
(03-05-2022, 10:40 PM)NorthsidetilIdie Wrote: Dirty play and bad calls are ridiculous at this level.  No excuse for a player to try to hurt another player.  Brad Sizemore should be ashamed.  He either encouraged the behavior or condoned it because he sure dinero anything to stop it. 
The kid who grabbed the shorts and flipped #3 around could have hurt him.  Brad did nothing.  Shame on him.

Sizemore is still the one and only North coach to ever win the region, so I wouldn’t bash him. And frankly anyone that actually knows him knows he never encourages or condones dirty play. Kids on both teams today did a few things that were less than idea, but they are kids and all doing everything they can to win another game.

(03-05-2022, 11:40 PM)Franchise Wrote:
Nobody tried to hurt anybody. Common foul was called. So, even the officials didn’t see anything to indicate that. Ask around about the NL dad that had Valentine by the shirt and pinned to the wall in anger at halftime.
This sounds like the real story, I’ve heard the North parents aren’t happy with how Valentine has done things. Imagine the frustration will only grow next week when they lose to Knox again. With the big kid back Knox will take care of business and win another region.
Reed Sheppard will take care of Knox this time. May put up 60.
You obviously are either a Bell co fan or you were not there.  Go to Wildcat Sports Talk and watch the video of the Bell kid grabbing Shepherd's shorts and flipping him around and then say nobody was trying hurt hurt anyone.  

And my post is about the actions of the players and coaches.
(03-06-2022, 07:49 PM)NorthsidetilIdie Wrote:
You obviously are either a Bell co fan or you were not there.  Go to Wildcat Sports Talk and watch the video of the Bell kid grabbing Shepherd's shorts and flipping him around and then say nobody was trying hurt hurt anyone.  

I get it, I’d be upset if my team lost Coach Sizemore too! Especially when the new coach has had a 5 star kid for three years and can’t win a region. 

Just in case you need me to be more clear, your post shows you just have a grudge for a coach leaving which is ridiculous.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fridaynightfights's post:
  • Fan of many

That’s a little theatrical. Kid never hit the ground. Bell has a roster of football players. If they wanted to hurt someone, it would have been more than grabbing shorts. lol. I guess #3 for NL was trying to hurt Bells #1 in the backcourt when he ran over him in frustration. Come on man.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Franchise's post:
  • Fan of many
Sounds like a bunch of kids on here. Grow up. Let the kids play and have fun. WOW!!!
In a nut shell, Bell had a great season. Best we’ve had in a while. We just met up against 1 of 2 teams we could not beat. Hats off the North Laurel and good luck tomorrow.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ArJay's post:
  • Franchise
I have heard from people who played for Brad at north that said he would often condone the dirty play. And would passive aggressively encourage it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes basketballbilly17's post:
  • NorthsidetilIdie
(03-06-2022, 08:44 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote:

I get it, I’d be upset if my team lost Coach Sizemore too! Especially when the new coach has had a 5 star kid for three years and can’t win a region. 

Just in case you need me to be more clear, your post shows you just have a grudge for a coach leaving which is ridiculous.

Actually you couldn't be more wrong. I am thrilled Sizemore is gone. Wanted it years before it finally happened. He can't coach the tough, pressure games like in the region.
(03-07-2022, 10:14 PM)NorthsidetilIdie Wrote:
(03-06-2022, 08:44 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote:

Actually you couldn't be more wrong.  I am thrilled  Sizemore is gone.  Wanted it years before it finally happened.  He can't coach the tough, pressure games like in the region.
Spot on.