Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt VS Perry tonight (2/15)
A good post presence can make all the difference in the world, on offense and defense. Take last years KCC team. Both Hazard and Knott had good guards, the difference was the post. Even if the big guy wasn’t scoring, Just him being in the game changed the other teams offense. I rarely didn’t see him not double teamed, which in turn, opens up opportunities for other teammates. When you make a a few shots by going inside, that causes the defense to adjust, then you can kick it back out to your shooters. But seems like that’s old school ball anymore, every kid wants to be a guard cause they see 6’8 point guards D1 college. Mix it up, have the post be your biscuits, and come outside every now and again for some gravy and mix it up. A big that can score at will in the post and shoot outside, plus rebound and play defense..now that’s a player. I’d take someone giving me 14pts and 10rbs over someone just giving me 20pts anyday.

(02-13-2022, 09:34 PM)Show-stopper Wrote: Knots young team just can’t find a way to win in the 4th quarter. But was impressed with them most of the game.

A good post presence can make all the difference in the world, on offense and defense. Take last years KCC team. Both Hazard and Knott had good guards, the difference was the post. Even if the big guy wasn’t scoring, Just him being in the game changed the other teams offense. I rarely didn’t see him not double teamed, which in turn, opens up opportunities for other teammates. When you make a a few shots by going inside, that causes the defense to adjust, then you can kick it back out to your shooters. But seems like that’s old school ball anymore, every kid wants to be a guard cause they see 6’8 point guards D1 college. Mix it up, have the post be your biscuits, and come outside every now and again for some gravy and mix it up. A big that can score at will in the post and shoot outside, plus rebound and play defense..now that’s a player. I’d take someone giving me 14pts and 10rbs over someone just giving me 20pts anyday.
Ain’t nobody worried about anything Huckfinn. Hope y’all throw together a better game next time around. That’s all.
Perry is gonna to the region and so is Breathitt. There will be a RD 2. Gonna be an epic game.
Breathitt just got beat 50 by ECHS. Not sure what’s going on but they looked terrible. Pikeville beat ECHS in All A.
(02-19-2022, 10:34 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Breathitt just got beat 50 by ECHS. Not sure what’s going on but they looked terrible. Pikeville beat ECHS in All A.

That was a great looking high school team. It’s hard to believe they have lost 10 games
Bhs made them look like a semi pro team
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mountainparkway's post:
  • wannacat
(02-18-2022, 08:00 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: Ain’t nobody worried about anything Huckfinn. Hope y’all throw together a better game next time around. That’s all.

I must admit I didn't look at your name and assumed I was responding to a Breathitt homer. I can see your point.

(02-16-2022, 07:01 PM)BiscuitNGravy Wrote: 14th region is very weak and he been for a while. Maybe won one game in the past six years at the state tournament. Nothing has changed this year. Regardless of who makes it, they will get a beating by GRC in first round. Tough draw.

Sour grapes.
Are all those kids Louisville area kids for Evangel Christian or is the school a strictly small college for basketball players place with Dorms like Cordia?
(02-20-2022, 10:28 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Are all those kids Louisville area kids for Evangel Christian or is the school a strictly small college for basketball players place with Dorms  like Cordia?
What does it matter?   It was a basketball team with 10 losses and an RPI of 55 compared to BHS’ s 63.  With that being said,  that was the best looking team I’ve seen playing at the coliseum in quit a while.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wannacat's post:
  • Mountainparkway
What matters is, is it a Prep School or a normal high school? One that breaks the almighty KHSAA rules.
They played in the All A is all I know so they will be trying to get to rupp in march. They are eligible to play right now is what I’m hearing. I’d hate to meet them if they make it to rupp first round on that big college court.
Breathittvswolfe 55th district championship
(02-16-2022, 12:23 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Breathitt didn’t beat Perry at Perry, they won’t beat them at The coliseum either. They couldn’t beat them on a dirt court in the back yard. Breathitt just isn’t as good as people think. Just because you can do a 360 between the legs dunk doesn’t mean your a good basketball player. The bobcats can’t play defense without fouling, they like to reach and slap at the ball without moving their feet. I honestly don’t know if this team is coachable. I agree with the above poster, I’ve always said Collins needs to be on the block and the offense needs to go thru him. If Collins refuses to play on the block I’d let him sit by me. Hoskins is not 6’6” folks. He’s maybe 6”3 with shoes on. I’ve noticed Hoskins will bully players he’s bigger than but when he meets a player like McKenzie he’s non existent. Turner just don’t have the drive. I think he was better his freshmen year. His freshmen year I said to myself he could play d-1 if he continues to get better. Now I don’t think he can play for Alice Lloyd. Sperrys out of control and easily mentally frustrated. Bellamy can shoot but that’s about it. With that being said, PCC will be in Lexington come march. One and done tho facing GRC.