Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineville 59 Clay County 54
Final
When was the last time pineville beat clay? Wow… embarrassing.. I guess I need to ask William, Mark or Tanner. They should know. Good job William and Mark, you officially have driven clay basketball in the ground.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waynes_'s post:
  • nedreader
Last Pineville win in the series - Feb. 2008.

Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes nemo's post:
  • Westside
Embarrassing for sure. When will someone step up and force a change ?

The problem is this. People will say Clay is young, etc, etc but the players just don’t develop under Gray. It’s been obvious for the last 4-5 years. Clay may win a few more games in a year or two but they’ll still be ranked 5-10 in the region. And who’s fault is it that none of these kids have any experience?
(12-01-2021, 01:34 AM)I nemo Wrote: Last Pineville win in the series - Feb. 2008.
I admit, a Pineville win over Clay County is extremely rare. It just didn’t happen back in the day. Bob Keith would have lost his mind, lol.
Well, at least it wasn't a blowout. It seems Clay County was competitive against the Mountain Lions.
(12-01-2021, 08:48 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Well, at least it wasn't a blowout.  It seems Clay County was competitive against the Mountain Lions.
I keep thinking back to the legend, Bobby Keith. A statement like the above would have caused him to go berserk. ?
(12-02-2021, 11:04 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 08:48 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Well, at least it wasn't a blowout.  It seems Clay County was competitive against the Mountain Lions.
I keep thinking back to the legend, Bobby Keith. A statement like the above would have caused him to go berserk. ?

I agree.  Just being competitive against ANYONE wasn't part of Keith's mindset. The guy wanted to dominate everyone AND HE DID.  True legend. If I'm not mistaken, Clay failed to advance to the regional tournament only ONCE from 1948 to 2017( I think it was a 2-point semifinal loss to OBI in '77) .   That's 70 years!!!! One time in SEVEN decades!!!

Then, under Gray, they failed to make the regional tournament in back-to back years( 2018 and 2019). Unheard of...