Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro 33 West Carter 6
Final.
Congratulations to Middlesboro. Great season West Carter.
LOVE IT !!!! That's what good coaching can do, folks. Undefeated regional champs!!!! Congrats Jackets!!! Who said those boys couldn't play defense???
Congratulations Middlesboro
As a alumni and fan of Middlesboro I am happy to see the Jackets back in this position again. Been a long time. The talent has been here but getting a Coach like French brought kids out that wouldn't have played and got rid of the loser mentality the program had taken on
With that said I am very realistic. In 1998 I knew the Jackets had the team to win the state title and they did, some folks around here wanna believe this team can do the same, I'm sorry I dont think this Middlesboro team is overall strong enough to beat LCA, Beechwood or Mayfield
My understanding is LCA is next week. I hope the Boro can make a good showing. LCA is going to be a huge jump in competition for this Middlesboro team. We have seen nothing comparable to LCA thus far. Will be a tall tall task but I hope the Jackets can pull it off but I dont expect it.

But Congrats to the 2021 version of the Middlesboro Yellow Jackets. The kids deserve it, they work hard and hopefully I eat crow.
[-] The following 3 users Like tazcat's post:
  • Gitback Coach, nemo, Old School Hound
Great to see Middlesboro back in the discussion with the best teams in 2A. Big congrats to these boys on winning a region championship!! Unfortunately for them they are going to run into a buzz saw next week at LCA. They need a great week of practice and a little luck come Friday if they are going to pull another win out this year
(11-20-2021, 01:18 AM)fansville Wrote: Great to see Middlesboro back in the discussion with the best teams in 2A. Big congrats to these boys on winning a region championship!! Unfortunately for them they are going to run into a buzz saw next week at LCA.  They need a great week of practice and a little luck come Friday if they are going to pull another win out this year

Great win for the boys in Middlesboro.  Too good of a program to stay down for long.  Good luck on your travels next week to Lexington.  Way to represent mountain ball!!!
Congratulations Middlesboro!
As a fan of the two Carter County schools, what an accomplishment for West Carter to get back to this point after losing perhaps the best football player in school history to graduation last year. 

Daniel Barker has done an excellent job following and building on what the Brown family has built at WC. He’s a great coach whose energy rubs off on his players, even prior to taking the head coaching post when he was the DC at West.

Middlesboro deserves this moment. The talent they have is evident and I am thrilled for that community to get back to their rightful spot among the best teams in 2A. They made the right decision hiring Larry French and the program is already reaping quick benefits and returns from that. Best of luck against Beechwood! A great playoff rivalry from years past renewed!
[-] The following 1 user Likes KColley's post:
  • Gitback Coach
(11-20-2021, 01:13 PM)KColley Wrote: As a fan of the two Carter County schools, what an accomplishment for West Carter to get back to this point after losing perhaps the best football player in school history to graduation last year. 

Daniel Barker has done an excellent job following and building on what the Brown family has built at WC. He’s a great coach whose energy rubs off on his players, even prior to taking the head coaching post when he was the DC at West.

Middlesboro deserves this moment. The talent they have is evident and I am thrilled for that community to get back to their rightful spot among the best teams in 2A. They made the right decision hiring Larry French and the program is already reaping quick benefits and returns from that. Best of luck against Beechwood! A great playoff rivalry from years past renewed!
They don’t play beechwood
(11-20-2021, 01:13 PM)KColley Wrote: As a fan of the two Carter County schools, what an accomplishment for West Carter to get back to this point after losing perhaps the best football player in school history to graduation last year. 

(11-20-2021, 02:48 PM)rookie57 Wrote:

They don’t play beechwood
That was my mistake, I saw the earlier thread posts after posting but didn’t know how to correct it. LCA is definitely a beast. I wish Kentucky had gotten on Xavier Brown earlier but Virginia got a good one.