Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LCA 56 - Danville 14
It’s a wrap in Eagle Valley - sluggish 1st qtr for LCA but then they turned on the jets. Defense was lights out with Morris and Selby. Offense showed their dominance behind Brown and Moore. Nieves looked to be getting back to form too.
Congrats to the Eagles. Who in 2A will be a challenge for LCA in the playoffs?
Beechwood and LCA at Kroger. Don't see anyone stopping either.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • #55PirateFan
I agree with Beechwood vs. LCA prediction. It's hard to believe that Danville has fallen to the point of a 56-14 district loss.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesclay's post:
  • BEChargers
(10-23-2021, 04:29 AM)#55PirateFan Wrote: Congrats to the Eagles. Who in 2A will be a challenge for LCA in the playoffs?

Beechwood and that's it. LCA is the more talented of the two, but Beechwood just plays more disciplined and mistake-free ball, which as we saw in the title game last year can win the day for them. Based on the eye test I think most people would pick LCA as the clear favorite, but IMO they are dead even.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoShamBo's post:
  • #55PirateFan
(10-23-2021, 10:53 AM)jamesclay Wrote: I agree with Beechwood vs. LCA prediction. It's hard to believe that Danville has fallen to the point of a 56-14 district loss.
I'm not sure if this is a slight on Danville or if it just shows how much better LCA is than most of class 2A.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Scoop's post:
  • jamesclay
(10-23-2021, 10:55 AM)RoShamBo Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 04:29 AM)#55PirateFan Wrote: Congrats to the Eagles. Who in 2A will be a challenge for LCA in the playoffs?

Beechwood and that's it. LCA is the more talented of the two, but Beechwood just plays more disciplined and mistake-free ball, which as we saw in the title game last year can win the day for them. Based on the eye test I think most people would pick LCA as the clear favorite, but IMO they are dead even.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Is there a chance that LCA and Beechwood would meet BEFORE the championship? I don't know anything about Kentucky's playoff system.
I may go to Lexington to watch LCA and Beechwood play for the title. Gonna be a great game
One of them would have to lose this Friday night which I doubt is going to happen. LCA will finish #1 in RPI and Beechwood #2. The RPI locks after the last game of the regular season. #1 & #2 would not play each other until the state championship.
Danville will be back in the hunt in a couple of years. their middle school team is 9-0. They have a stud freshman running back and another great Freshman running back. They also start 2 freshman on the offensive line.

And I wouldn't count out that Danville will start a freshman next year at QB. Heard he was the real deal.
Way to go Eagles.
(10-24-2021, 12:11 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I may go to Lexington to watch LCA and Beechwood play for the title. Gonna be a great game

I think so too.
(10-24-2021, 12:00 PM)#55PirateFan Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 10:55 AM)RoShamBo Wrote:

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Is there a chance that LCA and Beechwood would meet BEFORE the championship? I don't know anything about Kentucky's playoff system.

No. Even if one of them were to lose this week, which isn't very likely, it won't be enough to drop either of them below 3rd in the RPI. I think LCA could lose by a hundred next Friday and they will still have a firm grasp on the #1 spot in the RPI.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoShamBo's post:
  • Tigerallamerican