Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 49 - Paintsville 15
How can you guys say that. Pville could not even get a snap off. JC just has to much for Pville in football, case closed. The game does not mean that much to JC anymore, too many other big fish to fry. I knew the JC program was turned around when they quit looking to the Apple Bowl as the big game and put thier sights higher. Pville no way no how could have thrown on JC. Pville will have to recruit again to have any hopes of a winning program.
Watchful Eye Wrote:Why not set up the tarp for any other game on the schedule than just the Apple Bowl?I don't remember seeing a tarp at Covington Catholic last year and that was the biggest crowd I have ever seen at Johnson Central, not to mention any high school game anywhere. If they decide to do it at any other games other than the Apple Bowl they probably could argue it was for other reasons but when the shoe fits they must wear it. And I like Central don't get me wrong, I think there football proram is finally come of age and is here to stay. The whole tarp deal is just silly because they only do it against people from their own community and county. That's the only game they do it for so they can't say it's for any other reason. Do you really think Paintsville fans want to set there and watch a mismatch such as that every single year, they might actually be turning Eagle fans away that don't have the $$$$$.

My, you are probably the biggest expert on everything regarding Johnson Central that posts on this site. Where or where do you get all of this insiteful information. Are you sure that you are not a secret agent disguising themselves as a Paintsville fan.Rolleyes
Old School Wrote:I can't remember the exact games, but I've seen the tarp up several times besides at the Apple Bowl.

You are exactly right.
Watchful Eye Wrote:Those tarps are just set up for milking money from PVille fans and the elderly. If they don't do it at any other game than the Apple Bowl, it's clear cut. No evidence to argue it any other way.
Hey, any time you need help with that 5 bucks, just stop off at the board office and you can pick up a free voucher. How's that? We like to help out all of the chronic underpriviledged whiners. How many events does Paintsville let patrons in for free on? I cant think of one. How about the big yellow bus at the Paintsville baseball games? Get a life buddy.
Redneck Wrote:You don't know shit about football if you think Paintsville couldn't have thrown on them. I'll bet Louisville Central seen the same things I talked about earlier in the thread and they will get it done.

Possibly on some short routes or screen passes, but JC had the passing attack shut down after they got burned on the TD pass. VanHoose was not anywhere even close to hitting a receiver after the first quarter on any type of downfield pass attempt. Just about everything he threw was put up for grabs.
If that's the case then I am humbled.
I always try to attend the Touchstone Energy Bowl at the beginning of the season and had never seen the tarp. If they put it there to get more attendence then that's fine. I just assumed it related to the crazy rivalry Paintsville and Central has with each other.
I always know if anyone ever questions ANYTHING about Johnson Central that Mr. Kimball will set us straight. I sleep better at night.
Watchful Eye Wrote:I always know if anyone ever questions ANYTHING about Johnson Central that Mr. Kimball will set us straight. I sleep better at night.

Thank you!!!! It seems to be a never ending job.
In all seriousness! Where is the Montgomery Co. game played for Central and who will be tougher Central at Johnson Central or Montgomery County if they are at home?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Possibly on some short routes or screen passes, but JC had the passing attack shut down after they got burned on the TD pass. VanHoose was not anywhere even close to hitting a receiver after the first quarter on any type of downfield pass attempt. Just about everything he threw was put up for grabs.

That's what I was sayin earlier. Quick slants, quick outs, screens etc. The short and quick routes woulda killed em. The only route Paintsville threw after the TD pass was the seem and one deep post. JC was in a cover 4 defense and still Pville tried to throw it deep, can't do that. I wasn't tryin to knock JC earlier when I said they need alot of work with their pass D, I was just makin an observation. The remainin teams on their schedule are gonna look at the tapes from the Wheelersburg game, Woodford game and Paintsville game. They are gonna see these same things I seen Thursday night.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Hey, any time you need help with that 5 bucks, just stop off at the board office and you can pick up a free voucher. How's that? We like to help out all of the chronic underpriviledged whiners. How many events does Paintsville let patrons in for free on? I cant think of one. How about the big yellow bus at the Paintsville baseball games? Get a life buddy.

I can defend the bus. That has only happened one game. The only reason it was parked there, was because of a Paintsville Tennis Matched that was being played that day. It just so happened to be the day that the Eagles and Tigers played. It was the only place for the other team to park that wasn't two blocks away and visible. As far as the cars, well that's another story.
Watch out Mr. Kimball will light you up over defending Paintsville.
Mr.Kimball knows I don't have any reason to lie about that. Hell, I was there and know exactly why the bus was parked where it was and why the cars were parked were they where.
OffTheHook Wrote:Mr.Kimball knows I don't have any reason to lie about that. Hell, I was there and know exactly why the bus was parked where it was and why the cars were parked were they where.
Your right , I dont think you would lie about anything for the first second.

Why would the tennis team need a bus , when the match was played at home? What you may not realize, however is that a (former JC grad) was very instramental in what was parked and where it was parked. Just happened to be standing close by when it all shook down. We'll just say that this person is very tight with the transportation director.Big Grin But it's not a big deal to me, just like a tarp is not a big deal.
Watchful Eye Wrote:Watch out Mr. Kimball will light you up over defending Paintsville.

Yeah, watch out!!!!Smile

The only reason why I ever say anything is because of this way out in space stuff you concoct.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Your right , I dont think you would lie about anything for the first second.

Why would the tennis team need a bus , when the match was played at home? What you may not realize, however is that a (former JC grad) was very instramental in what was parked and where it was parked. Just happened to be standing close by when it all shook down. We'll just say that this person is very tight with the transportation director.Big Grin But it's not a big deal to me, just like a tarp is not a big deal.

It was the other teams bus. I believe it was either Mag. or Pike. Boys and Girls. As for the rest...Wink . Big Grin Talk to ya later Mr. K.
Concoct? You point out the obvious in many, many issues. I just try and do the same from the other side. A tarp is not a big idea, your right. The concerns of people that speak of such things to me I believe have underlying issues not with the tarp itself (if you know what I mean). I fell hook line and sinker for believing certain people only put that up during that particular game. I have been corrected as to that.
So, back to the question I asked you yesterday:
Where is the Montgomery Game played?
What will be the tougher game Louisville Central @ Johnson Central or Montgomery Co. at their home, if in fact it is on the road for Johnson Central?
This is amazing. Here we are nearly a week after this game and you all are talking about something as stupid as a tarp up on the plaza end of the stadium. Seems to me as if you are trying to find conversation cause the game pretty much settled itself. When Paintsville sells 5,000 tickets and only has the seating for a 1,000, who complains? No one. Just give it up, move on, both teams have solid teams coming in this week and to be focused on tarps a week later, well Rolleyes .
Kayaker Wrote:This is amazing. Here we are nearly a week after this game and you all are talking about something as stupid as a tarp up on the plaza end of the stadium. Seems to me as if you are trying to find conversation cause the game pretty much settled itself. When Paintsville sells 5,000 tickets and only has the seating for a 1,000, who complains? No one. Just give it up, move on, both teams have solid teams coming in this week and to be focused on tarps a week later, well Rolleyes .

I was thinking the exact same thing.
Surprised this hasn't been closed yet.