Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Football Rankings
If someone would provide a little clarification on the rankings of HS teams, I'd appreciate it.  When a thread indicates a matchup between #2 and #3, which rankings are being referred to?    Is it AP  , Cantrall , RPI , or do we make up our own?    Last week's prediction thread of Franklin @ Corbin listed Franklin #3  and Corbin #4 and yet I read somewhere else on here that Franklin was #1 .   Which rankings are we using when we post them here ?   Thanks in advance for your information.

By the way,  for what it's worth, in the very latest  Max Preps rankings,  Corbin  is ranked third in the state of Kentucky , behind only  Male and  Trinity.
Good question to get clarification on.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(09-06-2021, 10:35 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: If someone would provide a little clarification on the rankings of HS teams, I'd appreciate it.  When a thread indicates a matchup between #2 and #3, which rankings are being referred to?    Is it AP  , Cantrall , RPI , or do we make up our own?    Last week's prediction thread of Franklin @ Corbin listed Franklin #3  and Corbin #4 and yet I read somewhere else on here that Franklin was #1 .   Which rankings are we using when we post them here ?   Thanks in advance for your information.

By the way,  for what it's worth, in the very latest  Max Preps rankings,  Corbin  is ranked third in the state of Kentucky , behind only  Male and  Trinity.

Rankings don’t mean anything until after week 15. The other 14 weeks someone gets to beat there chest and say they are #1. Corbin beat a sound Franklin squad that was runner up. Do I think we can be number one, yes but I like playing where our feet are planted, go into every game like it’s a state championship game. If we try to play to expectations we will never succeed, if we play grounded we are the only team standing in our way.
(09-06-2021, 11:03 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:
(09-06-2021, 10:35 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: If someone would provide a little clarification on the rankings of HS teams, I'd appreciate it.  When a thread indicates a matchup between #2 and #3, which rankings are being referred to?    Is it AP  , Cantrall , RPI , or do we make up our own?    Last week's prediction thread of Franklin @ Corbin listed Franklin #3  and Corbin #4 and yet I read somewhere else on here that Franklin was #1 .   Which rankings are we using when we post them here ?   Thanks in advance for your information.

Rankings don’t mean anything until after week 15.  The other 14 weeks someone gets to beat there chest and say they are #1.  Corbin beat a sound  Franklin squad that was runner up.  Do I think we can be number one, yes but I like playing where are feet are planted, go into every game like it’s a state championship game. If we try to play to expectations we will never succeed, if we play grounded we are the only team standing in our way.

Just ran through my wall and now I have to go to Lowes in the morning to get supplies to fix it.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(09-06-2021, 11:05 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(09-06-2021, 10:35 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: If someone would provide a little clarification on the rankings of HS teams, I'd appreciate it.  When a thread indicates a matchup between #2 and #3, which rankings are being referred to?    Is it AP  , Cantrall , RPI , or do we make up our own?    Last week's prediction thread of Franklin @ Corbin listed Franklin #3  and Corbin #4 and yet I read somewhere else on here that Franklin was #1 .   Which rankings are we using when we post them here ?   Thanks in advance for your information.

Rankings don’t mean anything until after week 15.  The other 14 weeks someone gets to beat there chest and say they are #1.  Corbin beat a sound  Franklin squad that was runner up.  Do I think we can be number one, yes but I like playing where are feet are planted, go into every game like it’s a state championship game. If we try to play to expectations we will never succeed, if we play grounded we are the only team standing in our way.

Just ran through my wall and now I have to go to Lowes in the morning to get supplies to fix it.

You can use my contractor discount, your welcome.
(09-06-2021, 11:07 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:
(09-06-2021, 11:05 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

You can use my contractor discount, your welcome.

Legend!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115

I used the Lexington Herald Preseason Poll that was released a couple of weeks prior to the game when I made the thread. If you go back and look, that is the only poll that I have used. There were no updated polls that I was aware of. I posted the latest updated Lexington Herald Poll as soon as it came out and that poll was after the thread was made. I’m not a moderator so once it’s posted it is what it is. After I made the thread on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday That updated poll had Franklin as the #1 team that week and Corbin actually dropped I think in that poll to the 4th spot.  That’s when all the buzz about Franklin becoming the #1 team in 4A. There is no RPI polls yet, KHSAA hasn’t released it. I don’t look at all the polls myself. I know the AP or Lexington Herald seems to be the popular one. Or at least to me it is. Just been posting some threads trying to give a little spice to them. Im sure there not going to be perfect. Polls are in my opinion good for the fans and that’s about it. All it does is add unwanted pressure a lot of times to these kids. RPI is the only technical poll for these teams when it gets right down to it. That’s what seeds the teams for the playoffs. The other polls is so we can get on the threads and post about it lol.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Old School Hound
(09-06-2021, 11:22 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I used the Lexington Herald Preseason Poll that was released a couple of weeks prior to the game when I made the thread. If you go back and look, that is the only poll that I have used. There were no updated polls that I was aware of. I posted the latest updated Lexington Herald Poll as soon as it came out and that poll was after the thread was made. I’m not a moderator so once it’s posted it is what it is. After I made the thread on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday That updated poll had Franklin as the #1 team that week and Corbin actually dropped I think in that poll to the 4th spot.  That’s when all the buzz about Franklin becoming the #1 team in 4A. There is no RPI polls yet, KHSAA hasn’t released it. I don’t look at all the polls myself. I know the AP or Lexington Herald seems to be the popular one. Or at least to me it is. Just been posting some threads trying to give a little spice to them. Im sure there not going to be perfect. Polls are in my opinion good for the fans and that’s about it. All it does is add unwanted pressure a lot of times to these kids. RPI is the only technical poll for these teams when it gets right down to it. That’s what seeds the teams for the playoffs. The other polls is so we can get on the threads and post about it lol.

You keep doing what you are doing Bull! We appreciate everything you’re doing and how active you have been in the threads this year. 

As for the rankings we use to do a weekly ranking system for each class but we’ve fallen behind the 8 ball on that to start the season. Hopefully we can get Westy to start that back up or whoever wants to do that get that going and we can have our own rankings for each class for the week.
#BBFL
[-] The following 2 users Like Spud6's post:
  • Bull got out!, Westside

Thanks Bull. Cantrall needs to rewire his computer apparently if he had Corbin #4 and Franklin #1.  Honestly, the Corbin game could have easily been 41 to  7.

Here's how Max Preps ranks  4A  :

1.  Corbin (#3 overall state)
2.  Johnson Central
3.   Boyle Co.
4.   Lexington Catholic
5.   Franklin Co.

6.    Central
7.    Letcher Co. Central
8.    Lincoln Co.
9.    Logan Co.
10.  Wayne Co.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-07-2021, 12:39 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Thanks Bull. Cantrall needs to rewire his computer apparently if he had Corbin #4 and Franklin #1.  Honestly, the Corbin game could have easily been 41 to  7.

Here's how Max Preps ranks  4A  :

1.  Corbin (#3 overall state)
2.  Johnson Central
3.   Boyle Co.
4.   Lexington Catholic
5.   Franklin Co.

6.    Central
7.    Letcher Co. Central
8.    Lincoln Co.
9.    Logan Co.
10.  Wayne Co.
You’re correct. We could have, but we let off the gas when they realized it was out of reach.  Not saying the quit at all! But sometimes when it’s a situation like that, kids aren’t going to go 100% every play. And I don’t. Blame them. 

but I disagree with him. I like our team, and excited to see what our new addition brings to the table, but I don’t think there a just 2 better teams in Kentucky that are better than us. Just trying to be realistic. And honestly, i wouldn’t the #1 rank. People’s always doubted us, from Louisville central back years ago, to Boyle a few years back, and even last year when people said JC would pack our lunch. So let them keep up with their ritual and yearly routine of hating and doubting. Im
satisfied with being a #3 or #4.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115
(09-06-2021, 11:03 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: Rankings don’t mean anything until after week 15.   
You know you got that bass-ackwards, right???

Rankings don’t mean anything AFTER week 15. 

Bull got out!, you're doing an amazing job on the threads you have been starting.  If at all possible, please keep it up!  Your contributions are making this site better.
[-] The following 2 users Like Westside's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!