Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs Covington Catholic ( Updates )
(08-28-2021, 02:13 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Well it’s pretty close to what I predicted. Hate it for belfry. Grown to love their program and most of their fans.

^^^No clue about the coaching. But looking at it from the outside with no subjective thoughts either way, I just have a hard time believing that a national coach of the year is consistently getting out coached. I mean look at the titles in the past couple of years he’s had. Plus, Cov Cath is a top tier of the top tier teams. A bigger school, can recruit (legally). To me belfry wasn’t supposed to win this game. But I’ve got zero knowledge of belfry thus far this year.
Trust me my friend, it's not the coaching.
[-] The following 1 user Likes #55PirateFan's post:
  • Hound05
(08-28-2021, 02:15 AM)#55PirateFan Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 02:13 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Well it’s pretty close to what I predicted. Hate it for belfry. Grown to love their program and most of their fans.

^^^No clue about the coaching. But looking at it from the outside with no subjective thoughts either way, I just have a hard time believing that a national coach of the year is consistently getting out coached. I mean look at the titles in the past couple of years he’s had. Plus, Cov Cath is a top tier of the top tier teams. A bigger school, can recruit (legally). To me belfry wasn’t supposed to win this game. But I’ve got zero knowledge of belfry thus far this year.
Yea I just had a hard time believing that. Belfry had just an amazing run of talent that 10 years or so. Sometimes you have a down year with that said. No shade to those that are there now. And I’m not saying they are a “down” class. But maybe just not what it has been the last few years with some of these title teams he’s had. But still doesn’t mean at the end of the year they won’t be holding a trophy. Wasn’t it last year or maybe the last 2, they’ve started out shaky and finally got their stride.
(08-28-2021, 02:28 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 02:15 AM)#55PirateFan Wrote:

Yea I just had a hard time believing that. Belfry had just an amazing run of talent that 10 years or so. Sometimes you have a down year with that said. No shade to those that are there now. And I’m not saying they are a “down” class. But maybe just not what it has been the last few years with some of these title teams he’s had. But still doesn’t mean at the end of the year they won’t be holding a trophy. Wasn’t it last year or maybe the last 2, they’ve started out shaky and finally got their stride.
Coach Heywood is one of the best head coaches in the history of Kentucky High School football. The man won 7 state championships in a 17 year span ('03-'19). Just last decade ('10-'19) he led Belfry to the 3A championship game 8X in 10 years, winning 6 gold trophies. Heywood also has an excellent coaching staff and one of the top O-Line coaches in the state in Anthony Tackett. To say Belfry has no coaching, or is being out coached, is insane, Lol! The Pirates had a great run. Those type of runs don't last forever. Like you said, sometimes teams have down years and have to regroup. Thats all this is.

This Belfry team is young and, with a little time and "good coaching", Heywood will get it turned around. You know how "some" fans on here can get. First sign of trouble, they want to start pointing fingers. I will say this, Belfry just had an incredible 10 year run. It's going to be a very long time before Pond Creek sees that kind of run again, IF EVER AGAIN. The type of run Belfry had from 2010 to 2019 don't happen very often. And with the way the economy is around here now, a run like that is likely to never happen again, unfortunately.