Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eldora Speedway World 100
I'm heading up to Eldora for the world 100 this coming weekend and wondered if anyone had any insight on this "redneck party".:Clap:
Go early and stay late. Camping is off RT 118 across from track. Tickets are $42 and less.
www.eldoraspeedway.com
this is the most awesome late model dirt track race you will ever see and yes it is one big celebration. this is the daytona 500 for dirt track racing. we are headed that way also. see u there. lol
Can't wait, we'll be headin down thursday.
I'm heading up friday afternoon (got class friday morning) Are there any shortcuts i should know about getting up there?
TOMCAT06 Wrote:I'm heading up friday afternoon (got class friday morning) Are there any shortcuts i should know about getting up there?

Man, skip class friday mornin, trust me. Friday is the best day down there IMO, all the qualifyin and heat races. They race much harder in the heats.
heat races are Sat. still, right? that 5-6 hrs. of qualifying on friday is torture.
I75 N to N. Dayton. Take I70 W to Englewood. ST 49 to US 127 N Straight. Turn left at Northstar and will come out at the backside of track. Just one of many ways to go.
Redneck Wrote:Man, skip class friday mornin, trust me. Friday is the best day down there IMO, all the qualifyin and heat races. They race much harder in the heats.

Well i plan on leavin at 1 and catchin some of the qualifying!
Thanx for the tips I reckon I'll be taking 23N 35W to 705W See you guys there lol
I haven't been to the World 100 myself but I have been to the Dream, went last year. Scott Bloomquist won when I was there and I am going to go ahead and say he wins the World 100 this weekend. Hes a great driver, sits back most of the race then makes his move close to the end and when hes on the move, watch out, he usually gets it done. Im sure it will be a great race though, so for all of you going, have fun and enjoy.
What did ya think TOMCAT? The rain definately sucked. I packed clothes for Friday and Saturday, got soaked both days and had to go buy a pair of jeans and pair of boots Sunday mornin so I could have dry, clean clothes to wear to the race. I thought ole Stevie had it but looked like he run his tires off. Gotta give Owens credit, he had a great car and he drove the hell out of it.
Redneck Wrote:What did ya think TOMCAT? The rain definately sucked. I packed clothes for Friday and Saturday, got soaked both days and had to go buy a pair of jeans and pair of boots Sunday mornin so I could have dry, clean clothes to wear to the race. I thought ole Stevie had it but looked like he run his tires off. Gotta give Owens credit, he had a great car and he drove the hell out of it.

Yeh, the rain was ruff but me and my buddies enjoyed it in our 4x4s!! I agree with steve's tires or just his car running down he started gettin loose out of the turns and owens did have a good car with a lil help from the lapped traffic!