Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 39 Hazard 7 (1A Quarterfinal)
(12-05-2020, 11:27 AM)2000PHS Wrote:
(12-05-2020, 10:34 AM)Hambley Wrote: Hazard had 15 yards and 1 first down in the first half. The state title will be decided next week at Paintsville. Whoever wins that game will be a decisive favorite. I don’t think there is anyone left that has the size to stop the Tigers run game.
I agree with your assessment. I will add that I don’t think there is a 1A team left that is going to be a ale to run on this defense enough to control the game. 

I haven’t watched NCC but it appears they are run heavy with the ability to throw some short/ chain mover passes.

They arguably played there best game of the season against Holy Cross. As that game was tied at 21 all before Newport Central Catholic took advantage of mistakes. Paintsville better be ready again next week. Poe has did a good job and hopefully they keep him back there and go with Jake Hyden and Phelps in the backfield.
(12-05-2020, 01:26 AM)64SUR Wrote: Congratulations, Painstville!!! Could this be the new title town county in the the state.

Watching Raceland play this year playing a lot of young players (the hold backs). I would say that the state title runs between these two teams over the next three years. 

I expect Paintsville to keep the same talent coming in each year, I would expect Raceland talent to drop down some with the other area teams having success.
Hazard unknowingly walked into Paintsville’s forte. Paintsville runs the ball 90% of the time. It helped them pull out a nice win on a nasty night.
Congratulations to the Tigers and hope you guys bring it back to the mountains.
[-] The following 2 users Like Patriot1's post:
  • 2000PHS, Josiewales
(12-05-2020, 12:59 AM)Mister D Wrote: Congratulations to Paintsville. They did a great job of playing physical on that muddy field.

It’s fantastic to have two semi state teams from Johnson County. Let’s keep it going!

How's about BOTH. The only two. And located in the same town, Paintsville.
Congrats to Paintsville. They did what they needed to do to win. Really surprised at the score, and on another night on a dry field, it might have been a little closer game, but the outcome would look like it is now. Jmo.
Congrats to Paintsville. Take care of business Friday and get on down to Lex. and bring home the 1-a title. Us mtn. teams got to stick together in this thing.
[-] The following 5 users Like Gus McCrae's post:
  • 2000PHS, Blue_Bird96, Josiewales, PHS DYNASTY, Woodrow F. Call
Should be a dandy
Newport Catholic has been a football power up in Northern Ky. and they will come ready to play
Paintsville has had injuries but are still playing when it counts.
(12-05-2020, 01:55 AM)bac2369 Wrote: Congrats to Hazard on a good season, you can now prepare for next year!! Tough for the few seniors but this season had many obstacles and you fought through them and got on track.
I thought it was awesome that the Dawgs made it this far given the tumultuous beginning to their season. They'll be contenders next year as long as COVID doesn't knock them out of a good off-season prep!