Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apollo @ McCracken County 11/20
McCracken County has been the staple team in the Far West since their inception in 2013. Their success, although, has been limited to regional final pinnacles. They're looking to defend their district title and get another shot at Henderson County who knocked them off in the regular season in Paducah. 

First they will face an Apollo team that has the weapons to make some noise. In week 3, the Mustangs beat the Eagles 45-24 in Paducah. The game was a bit closer than the final score and the Eagles definitely look like they have room for improvement. Expect the good coaching staff at Apollo to study the Henderson / McCracken film and pull from it. 

Apollo has a big offensive line, really talented RB, and a dual threat QB which gives them the capability to put up some points. Can they find enough defense and the confidence to win a playoff game on the road? Narrowly losing to Henderson 14-19, the Eagles should be flying high at the possibility of winning the district. McCracken County will need to get out of the vanilla offensive mind frame and continue to play great defensive (as they have all season). If not, this could be an upset in the making.

In reference to 6A (staple team in the Far West). I know some Mayfield / Bowling Green / South Warren / Owensboro fan is going to jump all over this if I didn't clarify. Haha
McCracken should be hungry to win this game and get another crack at Henderson. Henderson Bottled up Bradley last time surely McCracken can stop their quarterback is a good runner but kinda short in the passing game.
I would say Apollo Defense has improved alot. I have been more disappointed in their offense only averaging 21pts per game. Their offense turned the ball over a lot vs. McCracken the first time. 

When was McCracken Co last game? If Apollo can slow McCracken RB down then they will win.

(11-18-2020, 02:50 PM)Glory_Days Wrote: McCracken County has been the staple team in the Far West since their inception in 2013. Their success, although, has been limited to regional final pinnacles. They're looking to defend their district title and get another shot at Henderson County who knocked them off in the regular season in Paducah. 

First they will face an Apollo team that has the weapons to make some noise. In week 3, the Mustangs beat the Eagles 45-24 in Paducah. The game was a bit closer than the final score and the Eagles definitely look like they have room for improvement. Expect the good coaching staff at Apollo to study the Henderson / McCracken film and pull from it. 

Apollo has a big offensive line, really talented RB, and a dual threat QB which gives them the capability to put up some points. Can they find enough defense and the confidence to win a playoff game on the road? Narrowly losing to Henderson 14-19, the Eagles should be flying high at the possibility of winning the district. McCracken County will need to get out of the vanilla offensive mind frame and continue to play great defensive (as they have all season). If not, this could be an upset in the making.

In reference to 6A (staple team in the Far West). I know some Mayfield / Bowling Green / South Warren / Owensboro fan is going to jump all over this if I didn't clarify. Haha

I don't know much about McCracken Co., but why would they change anything? It looks like their RB is very good and their QB in the stats looks pretty balanced. Are they not very good defensively? Or would you say they are not very good offensively?
Good luck Stangs!
The defense has been good all year minus one spot, film shows it. Running game is their strength but must throw the ball when defenses sell out. Trust the QB or lose when defenses put 9 in the box. Not sure how the layoff will effect the Mustangs. They could be rusty or refreshed and fired up to play.  Last year, the regular season was a crazy 81-51 game. McCracken County won the playoff game 57-0, so its wide open I think. Wouldn't be surprised by any outcome. I'd say this year's coaching staff at Apollo will make a big difference though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Glory_Days's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
Livestream on You Tube