Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How would you the start season?
HCS Wrote:I want to get back to sports as much as anyone, but calling Beshear a fool seems odd when you consider the last guy gave away an election by not knowing when to shut up.
the current governor is definitely not an upgrade over the last idiot that held the office.
Schools are all going about starting school back differently, some school starting early in August, some not starting until end of august, I see areas where numbers are spiking and administrators and stopping any kind of activity or practice for 2 week. What happened if a team gets positive cases and can't participate, what if players in one area pass the virus to kids at another school, so many questions. If we play a season, the potential for anything to happen exist, we honestly could see season start go for a month and be stopped. I heard one school official say if we have to shut down and kids can't go to school they sure as &*^%$ can't play stupid games. There was no hesitation to end the basketball, baseball, softball, tennis and track seasons, they even called off graduations and nothing has really changed.
I don't like the idea of switching seasons, but I would definitely be up for that if it meant the seniors could have a season in the spring. Millions of kids (I'd guess) are playing Little League/summer league baseball around the country. Being outside and having very few collisions would make baseball/softball a lot safer in the fall.
FWIW.... Johnson County School & Paintsville Ind. Schools are starting on Sept. 1st. This is the latest in the fall that JC & Paintsville have started schools in over 40+ years, if not ever.

Johnson County is giving students the option of attending in-person classes or doing at-home NTI assignments based family needs.

I have no inside info.... and these ideas are all a guess, but I'm sure that other school systems will also delay their fall semester either voluntarily or be mandated by the state.
If the fall semester does get delayed by a state mandate, you can just about guarantee that Fall sports will...
- Be canceled all together OR
- Have no extra-circular activities until a specific date with major restrictions going forward OR
- Have shortened seasons with only essential personnel and no spectators.

No matter how you feel about Covid-19 being real, being told to wear a face mask, seeing a 2nd spike in cases or anything dealing with the pandemic, there is no way I see high school & college sports playing full schedules and having fans in the stands if games are played this coming Fall.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Take this FWIW as well.... a couple days ago on Kentucky Sports Radio, a caller mentioned the KHSAA was looking at swapping Football & Baseball. Playing Baseball in the fall & Football in the Spring.

One of the co-hosts, Ryan Lemond, said in a later segment that he had first-hand direct knowledge from Julian Tackett that this is NOT an option the KHSAA B.O.C. was exploring.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I saw the note that the KHSAA rejected that idea. That's fine as long as they play. I'd rather play in the fall, but it's much better than not playing at all.
Numbers are way down for people outdoors compared to inside. That should help football, or baseball/softball if it comes to that.