Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central 45 Knott Central 44
Final from Alice Lloyd College.

Congrats Cougars. Came into postseason with only 6 wins.
Knott county can’t beat anyone with Damron at PG, he needs to be off the ball at the 2 guard. His decision making is just not very good with the ball.. forced shot after shot They can’t win with 2 kids shooting 75% of the shots, had shooters wide open all night and refused to pass the basketball. So they deserve the L.. and awesome Win for the cougars, played team ball and earned the championship... congrats.
Damron is a good PG when he does pass the ball, he can do it, but chooses not to most the the time. Not having McGuire hurts too, but the Shepherd boy played the best I have ever seen. They bragged about him on TV24 all night! He was a hustler. Napier has trouble when guarded..having McGuire helped take pressure off the guards, it makes a huge difference in the game. Knott will be great next year, return McGuire, Napier, Damron and Shepherd, 4 starters..but they need to learn how to play team ball.
Congratulations to Coach Lee and his Cougars. Played good tonight, didn’t quit. Come out on fire.
Where is Fatpat got to learn to take the ups and downs all kinds of little cute cartoons and phrases. then when things go wrong disappears would love to hear his take on this game.
Congrats Cougars sounds like they are putting things together.
How bout the cougars that’s an impressive late season run
Tough loss for Knott , I hope it don’t carry over into the region .
That loss was definitely due to the shoot first PG mentality.
Damron is a great player but he has to be coached to move the ball.
Six possessions in the first half,
Knott threw the ball in to him and he kept it without a single pass all the way down and shot. All six times were missed. Not to mention the times he passed once got it back and shot.
They are still a dangerous team if he passes.
He only had two assists for the game.
Even at that they could have got the win,
But coach King, had them hold the ball at 4 minutes and thirty seconds, only up one.
LCC PG just fouled out and Webb and The other post player had four fouls.
Could have sealed it by playing, did LCC a huge favor to hold it and shorten the game.
Can’t do that against that team they play hard and fight for every basket.
Very disappointed in the coaching from KCC.
On the final basket to go ahead Webb got a layup with 12 or so seconds left.
LCC was not in the bonus and they should have been coached to take the foul on the floor. LCC would have got it back on the sideline with 12 seconds to run a play and score.
Poor coaching l
How many times did kcc gave shooters wide open, and kcc drove in against 3 defenders? If I’m scouting against Knott, I help off Slone , Sheppard, Haddix, or whoever’s in the game because Damron and Napier are not gonna pass the ball.
I saw somewhere where they were co-mvp. Congratulations to them both. But I do have to agree, Knott doesn’t play very good team ball. I said it from the beginning of the season. Too much dribbling and not enough swinging the ball, getting the defense to move then pass to find the gaps and score the best easiest bucket. Basketball has changed so much I guess, but I enjoy watching a team that plays for each other. They play for the name on the jersey, not their own. That’s why I’m actually rooting for Hazard. Best team ball in the region. You can tell those boys care about each other and don’t care who scores as long as they score as a TEAM.
Oldschool91 Wrote:That loss was definitely due to the shoot first PG mentality.
Damron is a great player but he has to be coached to move the ball.
Six possessions in the first half,
Knott threw the ball in to him and he kept it without a single pass all the way down and shot. All six times were missed. Not to mention the times he passed once got it back and shot.
They are still a dangerous team if he passes.
He only had two assists for the game.
Even at that they could have got the win,
But coach King, had them hold the ball at 4 minutes and thirty seconds, only up one.
LCC PG just fouled out and Webb and The other post player had four fouls.
Could have sealed it by playing, did LCC a huge favor to hold it and shorten the game.
Can’t do that against that team they play hard and fight for every basket.
Very disappointed in the coaching from KCC.
On the final basket to go ahead Webb got a layup with 12 or so seconds left.
LCC was not in the bonus and they should have been coached to take the foul on the floor. LCC would have got it back on the sideline with 12 seconds to run a play and score.
Poor coaching l

[Image:

]

skoo boi, ole fatpat thinks you need to catch some Patriot Fever my friend. Brown Sugar plans to eat against Estill brutha. Everyone seen what happens when Brown Sugar has the ball out of his hands. Late in the game, Hambone was as nervous as a turkey at Thanksgiving brutha. He had the rock and Brown Sugar and Quickdraw were in the corners. Now listen, it's all good my friend. Brown Sugar and Quickdraw are looking ahead to easle county and there is no turning back, unless you are at the concessions, wowza!

#neckstretchesbeforethegamearecritical More mash taters please!!!
SmileyTown Wrote:Where is Fatpat got to learn to take the ups and downs all kinds of little cute cartoons and phrases. then when things go wrong disappears would love to hear his take on this game.

[Image:

]

frowny boi, this woke ole fatpat up like a mutha. Letchy played a great game and Brown Sugar was trying his best to pull the Pats across the finish line. I've never seen pandemonium like that since the concession robbery of '82. General Lee was running up and down the sidelines like a mutha. The King kept telling him that we had water in our cooler. Didn't want the lil fella to get dehydrated. We have tuned up Brown Sugar and Quickdraw and believe we will make a run at Mortys my friend.

#pippysconcessionsneedstostepitupanotch More mash taters please!!!
fatpatfan Wrote:[Image:

]

skoo boi, ole fatpat thinks you need to catch some Patriot Fever my friend. Brown Sugar plans to eat against Estill brutha. Everyone seen what happens when Brown Sugar has the ball out of his hands. Late in the game, Hambone was as nervous as a turkey at Thanksgiving brutha. He had the rock and Brown Sugar and Quickdraw were in the corners. Now listen, it's all good my friend. Brown Sugar and Quickdraw are looking ahead to easle county and there is no turning back, unless you are at the concessions, wowza!

#neckstretchesbeforethegamearecritical More mash taters please!!!

Uh oh, trouble on the home front? Them Esty boys are coming and they is hungry. Better stock up on the taters fatpat,like a mutha.
#hindmytaterfamine2020
#howbigaboyareya
#clear the tracks
COMPETE EVERY PLAY Wrote:Uh oh, trouble on the home front? Them Esty boys are coming and they is hungry. Better stock up on the taters fatpat,like a mutha.
#hindmytaterfamine2020
#howbigaboyareya
#clear the tracks

[Image:

]

concrete day my friend, ole fatpat trying to give skoo boi logic 101 from JPCs handbook brutha. Now you on to something by wanting to know just how big a boi I am. Great question. I finally have hit the ole 575 on the scales and have a goal of 6 plus by the end of summer ball.

#cantkidnapabigman More mash taters please!!!
fatpatfan Wrote:[Image:

]

concrete day my friend, ole fatpat trying to give skoo boi logic 101 from JPCs handbook brutha. Now you on to something by wanting to know just how big a boi I am. Great question. I finally have hit the ole 575 on the scales and have a goal of 6 plus by the end of summer ball.

#cantkidnapabigman More mash taters please!!!

Sorry pat, I failed bio logic way back when,but I appreciate you trying to spell it out for me. I'll save you a seat (or 3) at the game.
# fatpatthelegend
#clear the tracks