Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 56 @ Leslie County 51
Leslie only put up 3 in the second. Better team in the other three quarters.
Very solid game by Leslie. Not the team a lot of people put them down to be. Hazard edged out the win with free throws at the end, but was an extremely shaky team the second half. Might be the most competitive first and second round of district I’ve seen in a long time.
This game was horribly officiated at the end of the game. Leslie was down 5 points and Trent Day got absolutely killed on a drive and no foul. Then the next possession he ball fakes on a 3 and gets the defender in the air and absolutely kills him on the shot and no foul called. Difference in the game. Leslie was just simply better than hazard tonight. Trent Asher completely took Wade our of the game. I've said it all year long Trent Asher is the best defender in the region hands down.
I know those were bad calls, but polish up the second quarter and Leslie isn’t in that position. Way too many turnovers in the second for Leslie. Not caused by hazard either, just over thrown passes on skip passes. Gonna be a fun first round!
Leslie has 2 solid scorers in Day and Hensley, Asher is solid role player and bigs are decent, but would not put a ton of stock in this game. Hazard was up 14 at half and kind of just went through the emotions the second half. Hazard played a huge overtime game the night before and you tell late they were out of gas. Top big man Hall was limited as well with injury and 6th man Turner did not play this game. If Hazard is fresh, healthy and motivated this would have been easily a double digit win. Leslie is a dangerous team though.
I don't know about that. One quarter leslie scored 3 points and the fourth quarter they scored 20. Had leslie just played an average 2nd quarter that's a win. Fresh or not, to be the number 1 ranked team in the region, should have won by double digits. Hazards great shooting early gave them enough to edge by. I think the gap between them has closed tremendously at this point in the year as opposed to the beginning. I'm ranking leslie in the top 7. I'm eager to see them play PCC at home. That's gonna tell us a whole lot.
CADEREECE Wrote:Leslie has 2 solid scorers in Day and Hensley, Asher is solid role player and bigs are decent, but would not put a ton of stock in this game. Hazard was up 14 at half and kind of just went through the emotions the second half. Hazard played a huge overtime game the night before and you tell late they were out of gas. Top big man Hall was limited as well with injury and 6th man Turner did not play this game. If Hazard is fresh, healthy and motivated this would have been easily a double digit win. Leslie is a dangerous team though.

6th man Turner? He didn’t play the first half did he Jon?