Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County 52 Southwestern 41
Final from Irvine.

Southwestern didn't score a point in the 2Q.
Strikeout King Wrote:Final from Irvine.

Southwestern didn't score a point in the 2Q.

Doesn’t look they scored many the entire game.
SmileyTown Wrote:Doesn’t look they scored many the entire game.

They couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Couldn't throw it in the ocean in the entire 2Q.

Game wasn't as close as score predicts. Estill had a 15 point lead and would have been 20+ if they would have hit several easy shots they missed plus FT's.
Strikeout King Wrote:They couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Couldn't throw it in the ocean in the entire 2Q.

Game wasn't as close as score predicts. Estill had a 15 point lead and would have been 20+ if they would have hit several easy shots they missed plus FT's.
Agreed. Seemed to be some chatter about officiating from the opponents after the game. The refs didnt make them miss all their shots and they sure didnt tip in any of Estills freethrows for them. I'd say the Engineers are in the top 12 in the state in team defenses for a very good reason. As a team they have played lock down defense just about every game this year. Click continues to be a pain for other teams high scorers and Isfort brings the energy every possession.
Benton continues to lead his team on both sides of the court. 14 for him in the first half and 20 for the game and 12 for Napier in the second half including 7 when it really mattered. Nice job Estill. Good win over a quality opponent.
#clear the tracks
COMPETE EVERY PLAY Wrote:Agreed. Seemed to be some chatter about officiating from the opponents after the game. The refs didnt make them miss all their shots and they sure didnt tip in any of Estills freethrows for them. I'd say the Engineers are in the top 12 in the state in team defenses for a very good reason. As a team they have played lock down defense just about every game this year. Click continues to be a pain for other teams high scorers and Isfort brings the energy every possession.
Benton continues to lead his team on both sides of the court. 14 for him in the first half and 20 for the game and 12 for Napier in the second half including 7 when it really mattered. Nice job Estill. Good win over a quality opponent.
#clear the tracks

Southwestern didn't play well on the road last night and their shots just weren't falling that's true. Estill played well...very good free throw shooters and played a great defensive game.
It didn't help SW that the foul count was somewhere around 20 to 2...this shut down their defensive side of the game.
Good luck to Estill County.
Wildcat7 Wrote:Southwestern didn't play well on the road last night and their shots just weren't falling that's true. Estill played well...very good free throw shooters and played a great defensive game.
It didn't help SW that the foul count was somewhere around 20 to 2...this shut down their defensive side of the game.
Good luck to Estill County.
Went back and watched the game again on WBON on Facebook. I see your point. You all shouldn't have fouled so much.
COMPETE EVERY PLAY Wrote:Went back and watched the game again on WBON on Facebook. I see your point. You all shouldn't have fouled so much.

I have saw Southwestern play they do have a tendency to foul a lot. Congrats Estill.
Nice win for Estill, representing 14th Region well.
Congratulations to Coach Bentley and Estill. Benton is a strong player and a very good scorer. Estill is a solid defensive team and they play hard every night.