Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 15 DeSales 14
Desales made their Facebook page full of complaints private in the last couple of days. Shameful how they’ve all acted after the game. I want to beat Belfry’s brains in Friday but I can congratulate them and move on if we lose.
turkeysalad Wrote:I know Ty very well, and, much like coach Haywood, who I have spoken with him hundreds of times, and I like him a great deal.

Ty is deeply protective of his children; the only arguments I have had with him, have been connected to his kids. I would trust my own children with Ty as their teacher, or their coach, and I know dozens of folks that feel the same. If he were a teacher at DeSales, he would immediately become one of the stronger educators in the building.

So, regarding others "losing esteem" for him, after the Belfry game, I can assure you, he could not give two wet, rhymes with "hits", about the opinions of others. When he wishes to return to a position as head coach, city schools will fall over themselves to have him as their new coach; members of the staff/faculty, with connections to DeSales, at a certain green and yellow school, known as a letter near the conclusion of the English alphabet, were deeply interested in him taking over their program.

Personally, I would happily throw many commemorative presidential rectangles Scroggins' way, to become head coach at my favorite high school, but I do not believe he has any interest in leading my favorite program. After the 2020 season, when his son is finished with the high school ranks, I strongly suspect that a certain, south-end, public 6-A school in Louisville, will have the honor of him becoming their head coach, and I am deeply interested to see what he does, with an endlessly talented program, which has never been able to surmount the big two Catholic schools in the city.

More importantly, if one is a Belfry fan, why on earth would you care about the opinions of others, mere days before the state title game? Haywood was gutsy, Davis was grossly conservative... enjoy that; relish it; celebrate it; anything else is wasteful energy.

Nobody respects a crybaby. Win with class, lose with class and move on. Best of luck to all in the future, Coach Scroggins included.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Never heard so many excuses and crying in all my life than what I've read on the DeSales football Facebook page. I didnt believe it when I was told what the Colt fanbase was saying until I went and read it. Come on guys, stay classy!

That was not a catch. You have to maintain possession. And before Hensley was down he had already broke the plain of the endzone with the football. The play was over at that point. And I'd almost guarantee you that the Pirates had just as many penalties as the Colts had.

A great game was played by two really good football teams that the Pirates pulled out in the end. Stop throwing blame on everyone. Maybe next time you'll hold off on all the trash talk and not say a high school offensive line cant contain your D-Line before the game is played. Maybe then you won't have to make all those excuses and blame everyone but yourself and your coaches won't have to take to Twitter trying to make a point. Come on guys, your better than that.

It's like this with every fan base of every Louisville school that I've had the displeasure of sharing the same space. Football, softball, baseball, volleyball … doesn't matter. To top it off, the faith based schools seem to be the worst. Shameful!!!

Congrats to Belfry!! Wonder if the DeSales fans regret pulling for Taylor Co? Maybe a 3 hour drive to play Paducah Tilghman (who they demolished in season) was a better option than a home game against Belfry.
BoondockSaint Wrote:Nobody respects a crybaby. Win with class, lose with class and move on. Best of luck to all in the future, Coach Scroggins included.
Preach 😁

Is there anything better than a like I can give this post? A Strenuous Like perhaps. I guess we were raised the same.
You could give it:

:notworthy :Thumbs: :Clap: :Wave: :theman: :letsparty

BUT
:Cheerlead: :beerwez:
belong to 64SUR!!!!!!
BoondockSaint Wrote:Nobody respects a crybaby. Win with class, lose with class and move on. Best of luck to all in the future, Coach Scroggins included.

Exactly! Most people who are saying they respect this guy dont even know him and have never had a conversation with the man. So how can you respect him if you dont know him? Lol!

As far as I know the only people from Belfry that can really say they know Scroggins is Heywood.

And like somebody else said I'm sure he don't give a damn about you or whether you respect him or not.

In my opinion, the guy showed his true colors Friday night by acting like a baby. He acted like this was his first time being in that situation. He should have knew better than to act like that on social media given his past success. The guy is becoming a legend in the Kentucky high school coaching ranks, act like one!

As for me respecting the man, I don't, because I dont know him. I've never sat down and had a conversation with the man. So for me to act like I know the guy enough to say I respect him because I've seen him on the sidelines once or twice at a football game, I'm not going to. Some of you that are saying you respect this guy, he wouldn't know you if you passed each other on the street. Lol
EKUAlum05 Wrote:This will be my last statement and I think it is best to let this one die off.

First and foremost, I have tremendous respect for Coach Scroggins and nothing changes that. With that said, most of what is going on with the DeSales fan base being upset 100% comes back to Scroggins feeding into a false narrative.

Videos have been shared outside of the two cropped videos from horrible angles that makes it pretty clear the ball carrier scored. Included was this video, which is almost directly down the line and as solid of proof as there has been that the ball carrier did in fact break the plane.

https://twitter.com/treilly45/status/120...EfiU5LVejA

It is really concerning, that when this was shared with Scroggins his response was, "Look at the other two. No way he was in. Great game, bad call."

REALLY????

Why would someone choose to judge a call based over a viewpoint in the endzone when you basically have as good of a viewpoint as possible?????

I bought Scroggins' first defense that if he doesn't fight for for his team then who will. I respect that stance. With that said, when the truth smacks you in the face and the argument should be put to bed, there is a time you have to man up... admit you were wrong... and give credit where it is due. DeSales was not "robbed", instead it is clear the correct call was made and they lost.

When you continue to push a narrative when it is proven you are wrong, all you are doing is diminishing from the outcome and creating unnecessary drama.If you are going to grandstand that you are fighting for you r team.. which once again I respected the heck out of... how about you use this to teach a valuable life lesson that sometimes you lose and sometimes you are wrong, and to be a man and admit it and give credit where it is due.

I am starting to think this was all planned by Scroggins. It was his Offense who didn't score a single point in the regulation and arguably his decision to choose to go away from their I-Formation and offset I that they had the most success with that ultimately caused drives to stall and turnovers.Could it be he knows that if the DeSales fan base is too busy looking at cropped video from bad angles and getting upset, that they don't have to ask why a Coach who has seen this same Defense from Belfry so many times could not muster a single score in regulation?

I agree with everything you said I’ve talked to Coach Scroggins several l times over the years when my son played I talked to him though messages so his comments really surprises me I guess it’s different when you kid is playing.
Who does Turkeysalad predict as a winner this week?