Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Floyd vs. Shelby Valley
volleyball

final scores
1st-- 25- not exactly sure if it was 22 or 23

2nd-- 25-22

south floyd with the Win

..horrible called game! sv got cheated out of at least 2 points each game..

could shelby valley be a threat in the 15th?
What the game no cheating involved but a lot of carry's on valley that was let go if you want to say anything. worst serving game SF has had in two years. Valley much improved but no treat in the region or the next time the two play. Floyd was over looking Valley to Prestonsburg and Allen Central who was their next two games. After Tonight they will not overlook anyone.
After witnessing what I saw at South Floyd last night, I am left wandering how the "RAIDERS" were picked a top 3 team in the region. Their play was sloppy and they just never seemed to get serious about the game. They are going to have to go back to the drawing board and get serious about playing, or teams like Allen Central and Betsy Layne will use the "RAIDERS" as scrimage games to get ready to play each other for the district championship. They have a "LONG" way to go before they can be considered a threat in the district, much less in the region.
you can tell your old and stuff if you are saying they are not the favorite in the district
It's OldAndDecrepit, not Old And Senile. Being advanced in age has afforded me the opportunity to observe a lot of athletic contests down through the years. The one overiding characteristic that I have observed in any team in any sport that is successful is the ability to focus on the game at hand and to play up to their potential. What I witnessed last night did not include any of these traits. For the Raider team to be successful they have to learn to focus on the game at hand, and take care of business. If they start to do this, then they can be successful in the district and region. If not, they will just become another statistic for other teams to take advantage of. Only time will tell.
SF looked sloppy at the pre-season too when I saw them.

I wouldnt say it was just a "bad night" or anything.

They should be serious and play their hardest, no matter who it's against.

Maybe people has expected too much out of them this year, and there showing there true colors.
South Floyd has gotten off to a weak start this year. They aren't looking like they are going to be much competition at all in the 15th region.
Valley has showed some improvement from last year. Hope they keep their spirits up and have a good season. Best of luck girls.
I understand that south floyds girls have gotten off to a bad start this year but why is everyone talking so bad about them?? Every one talks trash when they have a bad game but lately the girl have been doing great and i have not found a single word mentioned about them at all...for instance they defeated p-burg twice and no one even dared to mention this. It just seems weird to me i guess that instead of complimenting these girls for everything they do good all anyone does is point out the bad! It seems like everyone only wants to bring them down!! Congradulations girls on your past couple of wins and good luck for the future!!!!
SF isn't bad they can pass the ball very well. They do have plenty of improvement that needs to be made.
SV much improved but not Regional contender yet.
South Floyd played Betsy Layne last night and won in 3 games. Both games were well played by both teams. Both teams have good potential. Each team must play to their best if they intend to be considered a threat for the Regional. South Floyd will play Allen Central on Tuesday Sept 4th. It should be a good game (if both teams bring their A game).
Blackknight Wrote:South Floyd played Betsy Layne last night and won in 3 games. Both games were well played by both teams. Both teams have good potential. Each team must play to their best if they intend to be considered a threat for the Regional. South Floyd will play Allen Central on Tuesday Sept 4th. It should be a good game (if both teams bring their A game).

It took South Floyd 3 games to beat Betsy Layne, and they almost failed at that.
I see them as no threat this year in the 15th region.
They say that they aren't scared of the Lady Rebs, just the "uniform?"
They definatley need to bring their A game Tuesday night.
People diss South Floyd because everyone has expected them to be the #1 team and there really not.

I am suprised because they didnt lose ANYONE this year, and they are a very weak team.You think that would be stronger with 2 years of the same players.

And we didnt brag on how good SF was doing b/c they beat Pburg in 2 games b/c Pburg is not a team to be threatened by, so its not like we're gonna so "Omg they beat Prestonsburg. There soo good!"

And they think its something fantasic because they won their Spikefest that they hosted.
But look who they invited. None of the top teams. None that were even much of a threat.
I don't think that playing lower teams make you any better.
Allen Central beat South Floyd in 2 games tonight.
For the second time.
We see who the team to beat is now!
Wish valley the best of luck for the remaining games!!!