Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Randolph Morris Charged with Reckless Driving...Buzzed Driving on Richmond Road
New York Knicks player Randolph Morris was scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday afternoon on reckless driving charges. He was arrested early Tuesday near Richmond Road, according to Fayette District Court documents.

Morris, 21, a former center for Kentucky, signed with the Knicks in March, just days after playing for Kentucky in the NCAA Tournament.

A Lexington police officer pulled over a 2007 black GMC Yukon about 2:50 a.m. after he spotted the vehicle making a wide turn from Palumbo Drive onto the inner loop of New Circle Road. The vehicle accelerated to 62 mph in a 45 mph zone and did not use a turn signal when exiting onto Richmond Road.

The driver, Morris, then slammed on his brakes, almost running over the road’s shoulder, according to the arrest report. The officer also noted that he smelled alcohol and that Morris had bloodshot eyes and told him he had consumed alcohol 30 minutes before driving. The officer conducted a preliminary breath test, which indicated a blood alcohol level of .069, according to records. People can be charged with drunken driving at .08.
Morris was released on a $100 bond.

The 6-foot-11, 260-pound Morris declared for the 2005 draft but was not chosen. That meant when he returned to Kentucky he was a free agent.

In June, Morris was charged with speeding 20 mph over the limit. Those charges were dismissed last month, and he was given a warning, according to court records.

http://www.kentucky.com/181/story/143750.html
Pathetic choice Randolph
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
close to getting a DUI charge along with reckless driving.
Doesn't seem too bad to me. He wasn't legally drunk, and he almost ran over the shoulder of the road? 62 in a 45 on New Circle isn't that bad either considering it's a 4 lane road that would have been deserted at the time.

Not saying he was right, but it isn't that big of a deal.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nothing good happens past midnight folks. When will these pro athletes learn to pack it in before 12???
He is smarter than that! That kid could have been a doc if he wasn't a natural basketball player so why would he go out and do something like that.
venom93 Wrote:Nothing good happens past midnight folks. When will these pro athletes learn to pack it in before 12???
this is true.
hell everybody in Lexington drives like that though, lol..if they arrested everybody for driving 62 in a 45 and turning too wide going into curves, then they'd have 95% of Lexington in jail.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:hell everybody in Lexington drives like that though, lol..if they arrested everybody for driving 62 in a 45 and turning too wide going into curves, then they'd have 95% of Lexington in jail.

There's a difference in seeing women on cellphones taking a curve wide in broad daylight and then seeing a blacked out SUV do the same thing on an empty highway dang near 3am. I hate to sound like a afterschool special, but buzz driving is drunk driving. Grow up Randolph.
IMO this is a very bad situation, if he was buzz driving then I agree its drunk driving, it doesnt matter where, or when it happens Randolph made a bad decision.
jammin' jamey Wrote:There's a difference in seeing women on cellphones taking a curve wide in broad daylight and then seeing a blacked out SUV do the same thing on an empty highway dang near 3am. I hate to sound like a afterschool special, but buzz driving is drunk driving. Grow up Randolph.

I agree, he still could have killed someone out there, even if he didn't meet the legal definition of "drunk". Hopefully he'll learn a lesson from this...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
agreed