Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Desales 49 Paducah Tilghman 14
Final
PT weighed, measured, and found wanting.
Sounds like 2A is lucky DeSales moved to 3A this season.
I thought the Colts would win this game but not like this. Impressive win from DeSales! What happened to P.T.? Wasn't this game pretty close for awhile? That's what I was told anyway. Regardless, nice win.
Man, I sure was hoping to see PT show up. I guess DeSales is way ahead in 3a this year. I did predict them to win their district and have a lot to say about 3a. But, I really thought PT was gonna have a good shot this year.
Walt Longmire Wrote:Sounds like 2A is lucky DeSales moved to 3A this season.

You know, obviously Desales is very good, and probably better than any team in 2A, but it’s hard for me to agree with your comment about 2A being LUCKY, shouldn’t a team with the numbers for 3A being playing in 3A! That’s not luck, they are playing in the class they should be in right?
mysonis55 Wrote:Man, I sure was hoping to see PT show up. I guess DeSales is way ahead in 3a this year. I did predict them to win their district and have a lot to say about 3a. But, I really thought PT was gonna have a good shot this year.

You cost me a pick in pick’em, Paducah Tilghman,Paducah Tilghman all I have heard for 7 or 8 years now mysoniswrong55 :biglmao:
That Defensive Line could be successful at the 6A level. It showed on film and it showed tonight.
not buying that Desales is better than Mayfield!!!!!
Basically DeSales was in the backfield as soon as the PT backs got the ball. Plays could not develop, many TFL. Some sacks. Sweeps did not work because of DeSales' penetration. PT tried to go off tackle or run a trap. Nothing.

PT was outmanned and overmatched all night. PT missed a few tackles and dropped a pass or two, but it would not have changed the outcome. I also thought DeSales got some bad calls, but it did not slow them down.

To those with optimism in the east, the Colts are coming. Big and strong. The only weakness I saw was they appeared a step slow in their secondary. But opposing QB's are usually running to avoid the sack anyway.

I'm not sure but I would imagine Tilghman's vaunted rushing game tracked for about 40 -50 yards in the 1st half if that

Took a team like this to peel open Tilghman's weaknesses: no punting; o-line, small secondary, marginal passing. The speed was stopped in its tracks for most of the night - just a few displays of it - and was not a factor.

If they play again by some chance, PT will need a different game plan. I don't think Tilghman played that badly, just overwhelmed by a better team.

DsSales reminded me of some of the outstanding Fort Campbell teams from 9-10 years ago.
barnabus_c2001 Wrote:not buying that Desales is better than Mayfield!!!!!

I am. :Thumbs:
Pt played baddly ya lots of it was caused but not the same showing that played mccracken or mayfield. Pts line could not hold them off at all but when they had the box jammed bc pt's passing game couldnt hit a barn at 15yrds so it killed them.. desales game plan was perfect force them to pass but desales secondary was behind , the qb just couldnt see the open men.. a balanced offense with some speed and decent line will beat the colts.. ill be honest i would had loved to had played desales..woulda been a fun game.. i think Stinson would keep them in check.. Pt better shore it up bc they looked pretty bad. bad coaching an play calling i thought too..
ontopofthewest Wrote:Pt played baddly ya lots of it was caused but not the same showing that played mccracken or mayfield. Pts line could not hold them off at all but when they had the box jammed bc pt's passing game couldnt hit a barn at 15yrds so it killed them.. desales game plan was perfect force them to pass but desales secondary was behind , the qb just couldnt see the open men.. a balanced offense with some speed and decent line will beat the colts.. ill be honest i would had loved to had played desales..woulda been a fun game.. i think Stinson would keep them in check.. Pt better shore it up bc they looked pretty bad. bad coaching an play calling i thought too..
Stinson had "zero" time against McCracken and there is not a DL on that team that could start for DeSales. Your letting your heart fuel your logic...... I've been there.
Jackson Purchase Wrote:.
Stinson had "zero" time against McCracken and there is not a DL on that team that could start for DeSales. Your letting your heart fuel your logic...... I've been there.

Uv lost ur mind.. lol.. desales d is good .. i stand by that.. but they would not put up the numbers to beat us. the mccracken game we shot ourselves a couple times an our pass coverage was exploited by a good team.."zero" time woulda been zero points.. Pt had chances an enough time on several occasions to get a pass off yet he couldnt hit the barn if he was standing inside of it.. was just a bad night.. i watched it happen..
Heard all this before.... what happened last couple times desales alstar d faced mayfield..? Not saying it would be a blow out just that we would compete alot better an likly win.
History fuels my logic.. youve probably not been there..:hilarious:
ontopofthewest Wrote:Uv lost ur mind.. lol.. desales d is good .. i stand by that.. but they would not put up the numbers to beat us. the mccracken game we shot ourselves a couple times an our pass coverage was exploited by a good team.."zero" time woulda been zero points.. Pt had chances an enough time on several occasions to get a pass off yet he couldnt hit the barn if he was standing inside of it.. was just a bad night.. i watched it happen..
Heard all this before.... what happened last couple times desales alstar d faced mayfield..? Not saying it would be a blow out just that we would compete alot better an likly win.
History fuels my logic.. youve probably not been there..:hilarious:

Last couple of times we've faced Mayfield? Huh? We've only played Mayfield once. You must be confused.
Figured Desales would be to much, but it was even more one sided than I thought. Never understood why so many was picking Tilghman to win or keep it close.
I picked PT to lose by 2 TD's. That was obviously too charitable.

I read where Tilghman ended up with 30 yards rushing for the game and came into the game averaging 338 on the ground.

That, my friends, is a humiliation.
I picked Desales by 3Tds so not much closer than you Tica. Thought Tilghman would run it a little better than they did with Ford, and Freeman.