Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs McCracken JV - A little redemption!
OK so the Mustangs beat our Cardinals a couple weeks ago and it hasn't sat well with our fans or coaches or players.
The JV teams faced off this Monday and the Stangs were up 20-0 in the first quarter. Their fans were fired-up and loud - as they should be!
Long story short: final Mayfield wins 42-20.
YES!!!
Mayfield has no freshman team as it's too small a school to consistently have one. So, our JV is made up entirely of freshmen and sophomores.
I think we all feel better about the little 2A school competing down-the-road with the big 6A McCracken!
GBR!
:flame:
Whatever helps you feel better
Mayfield 17 freshman
McCracken County 22 freshman

Pretty good Number’s not to have a freshman game. :popcorn:
Only in recent years have we had enough for a freshman team. For instance, there are only 6 juniors on the varsity. Numbers are too low in at least 1 out of 3 classes.
Whatever makes ME feel better? It's the kids.
To qoute you you said. And i will add key words here " our cardinals"

" i think we all feel a little better about the little 2a school competing down the road with the big 6a "

And finally YES!!!

And to correct you i said whatever helps you feel better not makes but obviously you still stringing from a lost of a high school football game
Simpleplan for the record MCHS doesn't remotely play JV games with the intent of winning the game. Not sure you noticed but 2 sets of offensive and defensive lineman rotate in and out each series. That in itself is not a big deal, the fact all these kids are competing for probably only 2 open (seniors) spots next year is. McCracken will probably have the strongest offensive and defensive lines they ever had next year. Don't think a JV game at a 6A school says much about the varsity team IMO. There's just so many kids to get reps?
Wanna be bitter? Fine. Enjoy your state championship.
SImpleplan Wrote:Wanna be bitter? Fine. Enjoy your state championship.
Not bitter in the least bit. Just facts are facts. Do you think you'll enjoy watching Somerset's O-line?
I will enjoy watching in December.
JV games mean very little when it comes to winning and losing the game. JV is about finding out what kids should be playing varsity and developing kids down the road. I had a SR class one time that won 1 Middle school game and one JV game as freshman. We played in the state championship their SR year.
Sorry for the short comebacks. Seriously just trying to lift our guys... and myself too.
Definitely understand what JV is about. My fam is directly involved with that right now.
Jackson Purchase - I don't know you but I know who you are from posts. Your son is a legit good QB... almost unstoppable at our place this year.
SImpleplan Wrote:Sorry for the short comebacks. Seriously just trying to lift our guys... and myself too.
Definitely understand what JV is about. My fam is directly involved with that right now.
Jackson Purchase - I don't know you but I know who you are from posts. Your son is a legit good QB... almost unstoppable at our place this year.
It doesn't get any bigger or better in my eyes than War Memorial. In fact, the two games my son played there he prolly had more Mayfield fans congratulate him, give him acknowledgement than anywhere he's ever played. Including at Home! Mayfield just cares more, understands more and makes high school football what it should be. I hope it never changes.
Jackson Purchase Wrote:Simpleplan for the record MCHS doesn't remotely play JV games with the intent of winning the game. Not sure you noticed but 2 sets of offensive and defensive lineman rotate in and out each series. That in itself is not a big deal, the fact all these kids are competing for probably only 2 open (seniors) spots next year is. McCracken will probably have the strongest offensive and defensive lines they ever had next year. Don't think a JV game at a 6A school says much about the varsity team IMO. There's just so many kids to get reps?

I didn't notice- because it didn't happen. On the offensive line the only substitution MCHS made was at left guard and it wasn't to get someone else reps. They brought in the starting defensive tackle. They did rotate out one defensive line position sparingly, but other than that everyone that started the game finished the game even when it out of hand.
We have 28 or so lineman on the team. All non-varsity starting players get reps in either JV or Fresh/Soph games. It happens ignored or not.
Mayfield tries to win JV games but the bigger picture is to develop players for now and later. Glad they won but being competitive and getting reps is more important. It's all about the Varsity.
Jackson Purchase Wrote:We have 28 or so lineman on the team. All non-varsity starting players get reps in either JV or Fresh/Soph games. It happens ignored or not.
Not ignoring anything, you obviously weren't at the game and I haven't been to any other MCHS JV game, so all I know is what happened Monday. They weren't substituting as you have described-not even close. According to a MCHS dad, his son and another suited up for this game and had not suited up for JV previously which conflicts with your statement that they weren't trying to win this game. Facts are Facts.
One of these kids you speak of is a nickel corner. Not a base package starter. He played LB in the JV game because that's hopefully were he'll be next year. I was there, I'm at all the games. I stated the intent of a JV game is not all about winning. So read in to what you want. Facts......are indeed facts.
Jackson Purchase Wrote:One of these kids you speak of is a nickel corner. Not a base package starter. He played LB in the JV game because that's hopefully were he'll be next year. I was there, I'm at all the games. I stated the intent of a JV game is not all about winning. So read in to what you want. Facts......are indeed facts.
Understandable, but doesn't explain the two sets of linemen that never appeared. Facts are indeed facts and they don't support you on this.
What is the purpose of this thread? It's just jv game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Just a JV game? Pretty important for a successful program that plays to win.
Seems there has been plenty to discuss so far.
72 for MF did whatever he wanted.
Jarons Wrote:What is the purpose of this thread? It's just jv game.

[YOUTUBE="Allen Iverson-Practice"][/YOUTUBE]
Let it go McCracken folks Mayfield will try forever to have the last word.
Jackson Purchase Wrote:Not bitter in the least bit. Just facts are facts. Do you think you'll enjoy watching Somerset's O-line?

After you guys hang the cleats up come on over and watch it in person rather than watching the Jackson Sivills show
Just giving this thread more purpose: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-sch...62397.html