Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Floyd Central 10/4
The Pirates travel to Floyd County for their second district game of the year. Will Belfry continue their "District Dominance" or will Floyd Central finally get their first win against the Pirates?

I think the Pirates continue their district winning streak:

Belfry Pirates 55
Floyd Central 13
How many district wins in a role does Belfry have?
Westside Wrote:How many district wins in a role does Belfry have?

Westside, if I'm not mistaken buddy, Belfry has won 30 straight district games, including the win this past Friday against Magoffin County.

Last district lose was in 2010 at Sheldon Clark 22-6. I know this was our last district lose. I'm just not 100% sure that's it 30 straight wins. But I'm almost positive that's what it is. Another one of the long time Pirate fans can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Westside, if I'm not mistaken buddy, Belfry has won 30 straight district games, including the win this past Friday against Magoffin County.

Last district lose was in 2010 at Sheldon Clark 22-6. I know this was our last district lose. I'm just not 100% sure that's it 30 straight wins. But I'm almost positive that's what it is. Another one of the long time Pirate fans can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

That is correct. We've not lost a district game since 2010
Pirates win
49-0 Big Red!!
A playoff system based on playing quality opponents

Being forced to play a 2-4 team because of geography

Seems counterproductive idk
AngryMob Wrote:A playoff system based on playing quality opponents

Pikeville feels your pain *cough Phelps/Jenkinscough* lol Right now though, I think they would take that Jenkins game for reps
PHSForever Wrote:Pikeville feels your pain *cough Phelps/Jenkinscough* lol Right now though, I think they would take that Jenkins game for reps

Geography screws us, but it also kind of screws CAL and DeSales come playoff time. This whole system needs reworked.
AngryMob Wrote:A playoff system based on playing quality opponents

One of my other big critiques.

I think if you are forced to play in a 5-team District instead of a 4-team, you should be given the option that you can either take the outcome of your lowest scoring District win or you have the option to duplicate your lowest scoring non-district result. Playing in a 4-team District gives you more flexibility to schedule potentially higher scoring teams.

In other words, you may gain more points from your lowest scoring non-district loss than the points you would gain from beating a 0-10 or 1-9 team.

Additionally, if you are 10-0 you could then duplicate your weakest non-district win instead of having to count a very weak win over a 0-10 team. So if your weakest win is a 4-6 team it would definitely serve you better.
AngryMob Wrote:Geography screws us, but it also kind of screws CAL and DeSales come playoff time. This whole system needs reworked.

The system was working before the KHSAA got into all the cross bracketing crap. That’s when it sunk into the depths of h#%^
Ok, back to the predictions. TongueirateSho

Belfry 64
Floyd Central 06
Belfry by 36
Running clock at half, Belfry keeps the clock rolling and wins 49-6 with FC scoring late on the JV
If they would make system we're
1A 2A play in 8 team conference varisty Friday JV Monday

3A 4A same thing
5 a 6a same no game should be any longer drive of 1 1/2 hours
Than win play off comes go back to your 6 team play off system
Team would have to play with local team in the regular season
Only leave you 2 games to have to find,
Would be alot better,
EKUAlum05 Wrote:One of my other big critiques.

I think if you are forced to play in a 5-team District instead of a 4-team, you should be given the option that you can either take the outcome of your lowest scoring District win or you have the option to duplicate your lowest scoring non-district result. Playing in a 4-team District gives you more flexibility to schedule potentially higher scoring teams.

In other words, you may gain more points from your lowest scoring non-district loss than the points you would gain from beating a 0-10 or 1-9 team.

Additionally, if you are 10-0 you could then duplicate your weakest non-district win instead of having to count a very weak win over a 0-10 team. So if your weakest win is a 4-6 team it would definitely serve you better.
I want them to drop districts altogether and seed the first 3 rounds east-west. Talk about scheduling fairness. Every coach will have 10 games to let his philosophy show.
Will dixon be back for this game for Belfry?
What about Brad Lowe as well
pirateforlife Wrote:Will dixon be back for this game for Belfry?

Haven’t heard. However....if he’s not 100% I don’t see him playing. With an open date next week....rest is of optimum importance. But if he has been cleared then I say play him
Belfry fan 75 Wrote:What about Brad Lowe as well

I think Lowe is 2-3 weeks out. If Belfry can get him back for the Playoffs ....that would be huge
eagles2011 Wrote:If they would make system we're
1A 2A play in 8 team conference varisty Friday JV Monday

3A 4A same thing
5 a 6a same no game should be any longer drive of 1 1/2 hours
Than win play off comes go back to your 6 team play off system
Team would have to play with local team in the regular season
Only leave you 2 games to have to find,
Would be alot better,

I don’t hate this idea!
AngryMob Wrote:I don’t hate this idea!

This was you get varisty and JV game ever week period, people can't not cancel or drive two hour past you to play different team, every team gets that extra j v game , on Monday
Keep more kids interested if they get to play

Hopefully dixion comes back strong for play off , need him for the Ashland game,
Word I got late last night was Lowe has been cleared to play and may get a few snaps Friday. I would say very minimal if any plays for Lowe, but they may try to get his feet wet and give him a few. Dixon is still a no go and I would think that he makes an appearance after the bye week if healing continues.
bucslover68 Wrote:Word I got late last night was Lowe has been cleared to play and may get a few snaps Friday. I would say very minimal if any plays for Lowe, but they may try to get his feet wet and give him a few. Dixon is still a no go and I would think that he makes an appearance after the bye week if healing continues.

Wow....that's huge news on Lowe. As for Dixon....I didn't expect him this week....but I do think we'll see him after the bye week for sure.
Ultimately with Dixon, you gotta make sure he’s 100%. People are talking all around about “best in school history” and rightfully so... his impact can’t be understated. Rather have him for the last few than these, as long as we can take care of business and have him ready for the pseudo district championship against PC (as it appears now) and the playoffs.
AngryMob Wrote:Ultimately with Dixon, you gotta make sure he’s 100%. People are talking all around about “best in school history” and rightfully so... his impact can’t be understated. Rather have him for the last few than these, as long as we can take care of business and have him ready for the pseudo district championship against PC (as it appears now) and the playoffs.

Like see the young man healthy for any game,
Hawks32 Wrote:Like see the young man healthy for any game,

Prayers for the young man and good luck friday
AngryMob Wrote:Ultimately with Dixon, you gotta make sure he’s 100%. People are talking all around about “best in school history” and rightfully so... his impact can’t be understated. Rather have him for the last few than these, as long as we can take care of business and have him ready for the pseudo district championship against PC (as it appears now) and the playoffs.

I agree. I just want him to be able to play at 100 pct and allow the team to get into a rhythm that I don't think we have seen all year.
bucslover68 Wrote:I agree. I just want him to be able to play at 100 pct and allow the team to get into a rhythm that I don't think we have seen all year.

No doubt. Offensive rhythm has been missing all season.