Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset @ Williamsburg 09/20
pjdoug Wrote:Nothing is over my head. I still think it is comical. They won 3 consecutive championships and they lose a load of seniors and get transfers every year.. Williamsburg got beat early in the first game and the second time around they knew what to expect and were more prepared along with moving an athlete from wide receiver to quarterback.

Actually Williamsburg added 2 great athletes in the 2014 championship game Massey (transfer from Harlan) and Griffith ( who missed the 2013 championship game due to a injury early in the semi game against Raceland ). The 2013 Williamsburg team was the first team in their history to ever win a region and make it to the state championship game and was obvious they didn't know what to expect. That Mayfield team was loaded and even if Griffin and Massey had played in that game the out come would have been the same. With Mayfield graduating 16 starters from the 2013 team and Williamsburg's inability to score in the red zone caused them a championship in 2014. I really think this team has a shot if they stay healthy the picture will be more clear after Friday night.
The linebacker that came from Alabama is really really good.
pjdoug Wrote:Nothing is over my head. I still think it is comical. They won 3 consecutive championships and they lose a load of seniors and get transfers every year.. Williamsburg got beat early in the first game and the second time around they knew what to expect and were more prepared along with moving an athlete from wide receiver to quarterback.

I do not want to get into this post that is supposed to be about Somerset and Williamsburg but I hate to see my Cards represented this way. Mayfield won 4 straight state titles not 3, we moved to AA in 2015 and won it. This transfers statement is untrue! we do have several kids living outside the city limits but their dads played at Mayfield and they always went to Mayfield. These kids were going to go to Mayfield from the day they were born. This has and will continue to be true as the new housing is almost entirely being built outside the city limits.
cherokee Wrote:Actually Williamsburg added 2 great athletes in the 2014 championship game Massey (transfer from Harlan) and Griffith ( who missed the 2013 championship game due to a injury early in the semi game against Raceland ). The 2013 Williamsburg team was the first team in their history to ever win a region and make it to the state championship game and was obvious they didn't know what to expect. That Mayfield team was loaded and even if Griffin and Massey had played in that game the out come would have been the same. With Mayfield graduating 16 starters from the 2013 team and Williamsburg's inability to score in the red zone caused them a championship in 2014. I really think this team has a shot if they stay healthy the picture will be more clear after Friday night.

Well said. Griffith was a game changer.
Williamsburg Schedule

Somerset L
LCA L
Harlan W
Pineville W
Lynn Camp W
Perry W

Pikeville Schedule
Belfry L
Lawrence W
Phelps W
Hazard 50/50
Jenkins W
Ridgeview W

Paintsville Schedule
Hazard 50/50
Union VA W
Betys Lane W
Fairview W
Raceland W
LCA L
Eagleland Wrote:Williamsburg Schedule

Somerset L
LCA L
Harlan W
Pineville W
Lynn Camp W
Perry W

Pikeville Schedule
Belfry L
Lawrence W
Phelps W
Hazard 50/50
Jenkins W
Ridgeview W

Paintsville Schedule
Hazard 50/50
Union VA W
Betys Lane W
Fairview W
Raceland W
LCA L
Should they go ahead and record this?
Somerset with the beat down on Williamsburg.
Somerset 55
Williamsburg 10
I have a question about the FearLes Dixon rankings in the Corbin Times Tribune. He has Williamsburg as number one. Does that mean he thinks Williamsburg would beat all other teams in the 13th Region, including Bell County? I am just trying to understand.
Eagleland Wrote:Williamsburg Schedule

Somerset L
LCA L
Harlan W
Pineville W
Lynn Camp W
Perry W

Pikeville Schedule
Belfry L
Lawrence W
Phelps W
Hazard 50/50
Jenkins W
Ridgeview W

Paintsville Schedule
Hazard 50/50
Union VA W
Betys Lane W
Fairview W
Raceland W
LCA L

The last couple of years would suggest you make Raceland as a 50/50 for Paintsville.
I think Williamsburg will have some success moving the ball and score some points. But I don't think they will be able to stop the Briar Jumpers. I'll take Somerset 34-14.
Competition Wrote:I have a question about the FearLes Dixon rankings in the Corbin Times Tribune. He has Williamsburg as number one. Does that mean he thinks Williamsburg would beat all other teams in the 13th Region, including Bell County? I am just trying to understand.

I'd hate to guess. lol
Somerset 42
Williamsburg 14
pjdoug Wrote:You better hope that defense can score because you have no offense. Williamsburg has an offense and they are way better than you think they are. I keep trying to tell you they are good and you can't hear me, so you'll have to find out the hard way.

Who?
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Who?

You seem to be experiencing a stroke.
Somerset 56 - Williamsburg 21
Williamsburg was looking good today in practice, I think they are ready :partyhard
64SUR Wrote:Williamsburg was looking good today in practice, I think they are ready :partyhard

It's hard not to look good on Thursdays in helmets and shorts.
Competition Wrote:I have a question about the FearLes Dixon rankings in the Corbin Times Tribune. He has Williamsburg as number one. Does that mean he thinks Williamsburg would beat all other teams in the 13th Region, including Bell County? I am just trying to understand.

Williamsburg probably is the best team in the 13th region.
I believe Somerset will win this game, but I can't accurately predict a score. I think it will either go two ways, with Somerset dominating and putting a running clock on Williamsburg, or Somerset scoring late to secure a victory. Regardless, this game will tell a lot about both teams.
Will somerset QB play tonight :popcorn:
64SUR Wrote:Will somerset QB play tonight :popcorn:

Why wouldn't he?
Bunnies by 18. Somerset has a special team this year.
RoShamBo Wrote:Why wouldn't he?

Buddy of mind heard he wasn’t playing tonight, may not be anything too it :popcorn:
64SUR Wrote:Buddy of mind heard he wasn’t playing tonight, may not be anything too it :popcorn:

You probably just dreamed that.

Seriously though, I haven't heard anything of him not playing.
I think Somerset wins it, but I'm curious to see how close this game will be.
Dont cast shade on ponder and his receivers. They'll surprise ya. Tons of senior talent and heart that the scales of justice couldn't weigh.
I’m taking W’burg by a TD
Bunnies with a can of bee spray.
Somerset 62 Williamsburg 20