Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
East Carter
0%
West Carter
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Carter vs. West Carter 9/13
Who wins the annual battle for the barrel? This seems like on paper one of the more even matchups between these two.
Friday? Awhile since these two programs have had some success coming into the battle. East has the best team they have had in a good while. I'm going with EC.

East 35
West 14
Comets extend win streak to 6 on Friday night
Comets played a good Mercer County team really close.

Easts schedule has been absolutely awful, easiest in the state
KYHSFB Wrote:Comets played a good Mercer County team really close.

Easts schedule has been absolutely awful, easiest in the state
They both put up around 50 on a very down Lewis County team that has only put up 14 points in 3 games. 7 of the points were put up on West Carter.

On paper this should be a very close game. We will see how it turns out.

East Carter 49 Lewis County 0

West Carter 50 Lewis County 7

Again, all signs point to a close game that either team could win.
100% guessing Confusednicker:

West Carter 28
East Carter 21
Personally I'm thinking Mercer County might be a tad overrated. I expected them to put the smack down on West Carter and win by more than 21.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Personally I'm thinking Mercer County might be a tad overrated. I expected them to put the smack down on West Carter and win by more than 21.

Have you watched them or are you making an assumption based off a message board?
KYHSFB Wrote:Have you watched them or are you making an assumption based off a message board?
I've watched some hudl film on them. West Carter hasn't played a very strong schedule so far either. Their toughest game was their 1st game.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:They both put up around 50 on a very down Lewis County team that has only put up 14 points in 3 games. 7 of the points were put up on West Carter.

On paper this should be a very close game. We will see how it turns out.

East Carter 49 Lewis County 0

West Carter 50 Lewis County 7

Again, all signs point to a close game that either team could win.

The 7 points Lewis scored on West Carter was against their Freshman defense. West Carter had a running clock going with over 6 minutes left in the 2nd quarter.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I've watch some hudl film on them. West Carter hasn't played a very strong schedule so far either. Their toughest game was their 1st game.

The 3 teams east carter has beat combine for a 0-8 record if I am not mistaken...
64SUR Wrote:100% guessing Confusednicker:

West Carter 28
East Carter 21

Good guesswork
WestCarterComet Wrote:The 7 points Lewis scored on West Carter was against their Freshman defense. West Carter had a running clock going with over 6 minutes left in the 2nd quarter.
We will see how good West Carter is in a few weeks when Russell rolls in. I still think this should be a good game for the Barrel.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:We will see how good West Carter is in a few weeks when Russell rolls in. I still think this should be a good game for the Barrel.

The West Carter Russell matchup is a little while longer than a few weeks away. This is the best Russell team they’ve had in a couple years in my opinion.
West by 7