Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset 46 Beechwood 14
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:I am gonna call the KHSAA Mon and see if we can go ahead and mail Somerset. The trophy. We really don’t have room for anymore. On a side note congrats Bunnies on the big win

People were saying the same thing about Mayfield pre-season. Mayfield and Somerset are the 2 best in 2A. LCA and Breathitt are 3 and 4 in 2A. Long season but I expect to see Somerset and Mayfield at Kroger Field. Congrats to Somerset.
I was very impressed with Somerset. There overall team speed was really impressive. Best performance I have seen in 2a this year.
Not a classic Beechwood team but they should be battle tested come payoff time for sure with that schedule. Kudos to them for scheduling tough games especially on the road.
Loved the new field at Somerset one of the nicest I've seen.
I think slowing down on all the “who is the best” until we see where they are going into the playoffs. Too many factors here to put into play to formulate a try opinion.

Both have quality opponents to finish out the regular season we all have to see where they finish that task first. Somerset still has to go to Williamsburg, Hazard, LCA and Corbin. If they come out of those games with impressive scores like last night, I’ll start really thinking they’re a favorite. I admit I know nothing about what Mayfield has left on their schedule but I am sure they have some teams that will test them as well.

Right now, SHS is 3-0 and they’re very good. Stay healthy, stay focused. That’s all we want.
Bunnies 15-0🐰
if anyone would be willing to hop on the BGR podcast to talk a little bit about this team just send me a PM and we can get together and figure out a time to record a little segment.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
How about 1 game at a time. Somerset is having a really good year, but while everyone on here is worried about whether they're better than Mayfield, I'm willing to bet Somerset is focused on the next game. Speculating and debating are fun, but mean nothing. Let's just enjoy both their rides and remember that on any given night ole mo and lady luck can sway the wrong way. That's why you prepare for every game like it's the last game, so when luck runs out preparation will carry you on to the win. One game at a time.
BJN0502 Wrote:How about 1 game at a time. Somerset is having a really good year, but while everyone on here is worried about whether they're better than Mayfield, I'm willing to bet Somerset is focused on the next game. Speculating and debating are fun, but mean nothing. Let's just enjoy both their rides and remember that on any given night ole mo and lady luck can sway the wrong way. That's why you prepare for every game like it's the last game, so when luck runs out preparation will carry you on to the win. One game at a time.

Somerset will be in the state finals. Will they win? Whow knows, but they will be there.
Somerset could win State this year.
I thought Somerset, Danville, & LCA all have been moved to the west, if that is so wouldn’t a match up with Mayfield in the playoffs for any of them happen prior to Kroger Field?
Shondue Wrote:I thought Somerset, Danville, & LCA all have been moved to the west, if that is so wouldn’t a match up with Mayfield in the playoffs for any of them happen prior to Kroger Field?

Playoff format very different now - teams in the regional finals (I believe) will be seeded, theoretically mayfield could play a Breathitt co. Or a similar eastern team in the region from what I understand. Could be wrong. It’s an effort to get the best two teams in the finals regardless of “side of the state”
When are they seeded final 4 or final 8........asking for a friend Confusederiously:
64SUR Wrote:When are they seeded final 4 or final 8........asking for a friend Confusederiously:

Pretty sure it’s the region bc the first two rounds are district opponents again.
Right back where I started from 4 or 8 thinking about starting a poll :Cheerlead
If we were in the 3rd round of the playoffs right now, as things currently sit, Mayfield would be the 1 seed and Somerset the 2 seed in the West. So Mayfield would play the 4 seed and Somerset the 3 seed in the West.

In the semi-finals, if both teams were to win, Mayfield would be the 1 seed and Somerset the 2 seed of the final 4 teams.

So if Somerset and Mayfield were both to win out, the only game where they would meet in the playoffs would be the state championship.
I went back and watched the replay of the game since I was out of town Friday. The Briar Jumpers must have had a case of nerves to begin the game. They only had 10 players on the field for the opening kickoff that Beechwood ran back for a touchdown and 8 for the PAT. Once everyone got settled in they played great.
Walt Longmire Wrote:I went back and watched the replay of the game since I was out of town Friday. The Briar Jumpers must have had a case of nerves to begin the game. They only had 10 players on the field for the opening kickoff that Beechwood ran back for a touchdown and 8 for the PAT. Once everyone got settled in they played great.

They struggled to get 11 on the field for almost every special teams play. The first quarter was especially sloppy. Luckily we've got an extra week to clean that stuff up before we head to Williamsburg.
I think Somerset can win the 2A title but I'm not sure I would call them the favorite simply on the fact that many of the teams they have played and will play are down. Danville, Beechwood and Rockcastle are down. The best team on their schedule is Corbin. Hard to say in my opinion.
Snakesnot Wrote:I think Somerset can win the 2A title but I'm not sure I would call them the favorite simply on the fact that many of the teams they have played and will play are down. Danville, Beechwood and Rockcastle are down. The best team on their schedule is Corbin. Hard to say in my opinion.

I don't think a single Somerset fan has said that they are the favorite. In fact, I doubt any of the people that are saying that have seen Somerset, LCA, Mayfield and Breathitt in person to judge. Long season to go. It'll work itself out.