Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK-UL Football game on ESPN Classic
September 15th, 7:30

Looks like the game will be nationally televised, but not on one of the two signature ESPN stations. But still, i think 60 million people across the US have ESPN Classic, compared to just 80 million for ESPN and ESPN 2. Not much of a drop off if you ask me.
Well that sucks. I'm one of the "Not much of a drop off" people.
Well, at least it is going to be on T.V.! I really think this years game will be a good one! At least I hope so. If it isn't this year, then it never will be IMO! This is the best UK team since the Couch ERA..
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Well, at least it is going to be on T.V.! I really think this years game will be a good one! At least I hope so. If it isn't this year, then it never will be IMO! This is the best UK team since the Couch ERA..
i agree UK will kick some backside this year GO BIG BLUE.
Does anyone think that if the game gets interesting/close that they might transfer it over to ESPN or ESPN2?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Im just glad its on TV.
WKYT and WHAS are also simulcasting ESPN Classic's feed....

Still think this game should be played the Sunday before Labor Day... had it's niche with the only game in town....
OffTheHook Wrote:Well that sucks. I'm one of the "Not much of a drop off" people.
Me too! That's crap! Looks like I'll be watching the game at Buffalo Wild Wings!
:beer:
FreakNasty Wrote:WKYT and WHAS are also simulcasting ESPN Classic's feed....

Still think this game should be played the Sunday before Labor Day... had it's niche with the only game in town....
R U sure?
rallo316 Wrote:i agree UK will kick some backside this year GO BIG BLUE.
I sure hope so. I bought the Kentucky Sports Report SEC Preview, and they have UK winning 3, maybe 4 games at the most. I don't see how. They return starters at every key position on both offense and defense. They gave Tennessee, South Carolina, and Florida (in the first half) everything they could handle last year, and then shut down Spiller and Davis in the Music City Bowl. Woodson is top 5 PLAYERS, not just QB, in the country, IMO. I hope he doesn't let the expectations get to him, however. I'm really excited about this upcoming season. GO CATS!!!!
FreakNasty Wrote:WKYT and WHAS are also simulcasting ESPN Classic's feed....

May be a silly question, but would I be right to assume that if WKYT is showing the game live, that WYMT would also? If so, this is great news. Big Grin
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:May be a silly question, but would I be right to assume that if WKYT is showing the game live, that WYMT would also? If so, this is great news. Big Grin

Never mind, I just got my answer in the Lexington paper, WYMT will not be allowed to show the game, only WKYT (and WHAS in Louisville). And here I had thought it was maybe a stupid question in the first place, usually both stations show the same games but not this time. Very surprising and disappointing at the same time.

Guess I will have to find a friend who has ESPN Classic and invite myself! Big Grin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:May be a silly question, but would I be right to assume that if WKYT is showing the game live, that WYMT would also? If so, this is great news. Big Grin

From what I heard YMT wouldn't be able to show the game live (ESPN's decision)...
WYMT is reporting they are still working the kinks out to be able to carry the game.
The reasoning given in the paper for only being available on WKYT (and WHAS) is that the game would only be shown in the local market of each team. Doesn't ESPN realize that we here in eastern KY consider ourselves part of the local viewing area for UK sports?! :Thumbs:

Anyway, hope WYMT can work out some kind of deal...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
what time does it start.
thats good that its on tv.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Well, at least it is going to be on T.V.! I really think this years game will be a good one! At least I hope so. If it isn't this year, then it never will be IMO! This is the best UK team since the Couch ERA..

i agree
just seen Louisville will be ranked 11th on yahoo.
Is this a yearly thing now? I was so used to having the UK-UL game on ESPN it was kind of a shock to find out that they where not going to be carrying it again this year. It is great that ESPN classic picked it up but doesn't that mean that the game is lossing its luster. Personally I think the series will be more competeitive more the next few years, so is the later date of the game the only reson?
Like someone already said, "At least it is on TV.'
The game kicks off at 7:30, and next years game at Louisville will be first game of season again, and probably back on ESPN as the Sunday night game.
Tubby Hater Wrote:The game kicks off at 7:30, and next years game at Louisville will be first game of season again, and probably back on ESPN as the Sunday night game.

I love UK and hate U of L, but at least the 'Ville has enough sense to leave the game at the start of the year. It's a shame that the tradition of being televised Labor Day Sunday is being broken this year. Being on ESPN rather than ESPN Classic gives both schools a much higher profile, which is beneficial to both programs. I've heard all of Barnhart's arguments for wanting to push the date back, but none of them are very good.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
What were some of his arguments? I am with you that none of them justify moving the date back.
Was it fully the AD's doing or did Brooks have a say in it?
glad everyone will get to see uk kick some ass
Just throwing this out there, but UL had the BASKETBALL game moved to January FWIW...3 weeks later than normal...