Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGR Cookout Cancelled!
Due to lack of interest and commitment the cookout have been postponed until we can get more interest.

The cookout was scheduled for June the 24th at Yatesville lake. As of this date there were only 6-7 that were committed and we do not think this is enough to justify renting the shelter house and taking the chance of people showing up.

We may try again in the fall and hope to have more interest.
The biggest factor for me was the location.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
yea mine too that and the fact that im 15 years old...lol sorry guys.
I hadn't commited but I was going to come today. I can see where location would be deal breaker.
Location is was it was for me as well. I would love to meet the people that I agree and fight horseshoe battles with over an opinion, lol.
ComfortEagle Wrote:The biggest factor for me was the location.
me too.
Why not try to have it at Dewey. That seems to be about right in the middle for everyone, closer to the middle anyways. Good place to bring the kids (for those who have em), PLENTY of shelters, horseshoe pits (I'm with ya on that one Playboy), basketball courts, softball field etc.
I agree with Redneck. But I would have loved to come to the cookout, but thats where the location factor kicks in. Most of the everyday users on this site is in the Pike and Floyd County area. And Dewey Dam is easy access from Inez, Paintsville, Pikeville, South Williamson. But thats just my opinion. I know it would be harder for everyone from the Boyd and Lawrence County area, but again, most everyday users are in that area.
A lot of users is from Knott,Perry,Lesie, and Clay
The reason that Yatesville was chosen was because the two that started the whole idea are from Russell and Lawrence Co. We were going to sponsor it and pay for the shelter house so we chose a location close to us. Anyone is welcome to take on the task of planning and organizing a get together. Just PM me so I can keep track of who is doing what.
Do it before football season starts, cause no one will want to do during and after its too damn cold