Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott County Central 43 Estill County 39
Estill had their chances but couldn't get over the hump.

This Estill team will be a force next season. Return nearly everyone.
Congratulations to the Patriots. I hope they win it. Them or Powell County.
Estill lost a lot last season, but made it back to the Region Tournament and gave Knott Central all they wanted. They should be in the thick of things next season.
Strikeout King Wrote:Estill had their chances but couldn't get over the hump.

Top 5 scorers return. They will be a hard out in region.
Knott looked like a different team..lost a 14 point lead to a team I thought they would beat by even more than that...Estill is well coached..I thought Knott should have executed the post more, they missed their big guy under the goal several times..they played scattered..not team ball..maybe they came in looking ahead to the next game, but you should never count your eggs before they hatch..everybody comes to play at Region, especially your so called underdogs..Estill was close to wearing that Cinderella slipper tonight..Knott better pull it together by Friday..They played most of the first half with 3 starters on the bench..this game left me scratching me head
Strikeout King Wrote:Estill had their chances but couldn't get over the hump.

If Benton comes back they will be an above average team. Without him they will be terrible. Nobody else wanted to shoot the ball
hitter Wrote:If Benton comes back they will be an above average team. Without him they will be terrible. Nobody else wanted to shoot the ball

Benton is just a junior. He has one more year left. If Long and Napier can get going like they have had at times this season, Estill will be a 20+ win team next season.
Before selling them short because they did not choose to shoot the ball much tonight, i have heard that sophomore class has had a lot of success over the years. The Estill folks expect them to really ramp it up next year
Estill held the ball for long periods of time last night. Benton is all they have, they won’t even be a threat next year. Knott Co had two starters that sat for most of the game and they still won. Only takeaway I got from this game is that HS basketball is in need of a shot clock
Wildcat100 Wrote:Estill held the ball for long periods of time last night. Benton is all they have, they won’t even be a threat next year. Knott Co had two starters that sat for most of the game and they still won. Only takeaway I got from this game is that HS basketball is in need of a shot clock

This is funny. You forgetting about both Dyllon Long and Landon Napier? Benton is a shooter but he also finds ways to get others involved and yes Estill will be right in the middle of things next season.

Look at last season. Everyone said Estill couldn't win three games in a row and look what happened. Don't count them out or say they can't do something because that's when they will prove you wrong.
Yes, would love to see a shot clock in HS. Both teams held the ball, and I’m just not a fan of that type game play..I thought Coach Bentley done an excellent job of forcing Knott to play their game
[Image:

]

Bolz, hats off to johnny boi and them engines. They played a great game but just like ole fatpat's thumb, came up a lil short, wowza!!! Always got room on the ole bandwagon for Benton. That boi can freakin light it up.

#huckleberryperformingsomemagictrickery More mash taters please!!!
Coach Bently does a great job with Estill, they should be solid next year with everyone back and Benton is a really nice player when healthy. But, I don't think they will be a force in the region, the style they play leaves little room for error and if you have a player like Bonny and two 6'6 kids in the middle (Dotys) like last year, you can win it all, but without those types of players, I don't think the style Estill is nearly as effective; they will be a solid team and win some big games, but I don't think they can be a contender.
Congrats Knott County and fattypatty!
I didn't expect it to be this close. But hey we'll be back next season fellas. #SeniorJoeBenton :flame: :flame: